WestBearCub
Years ago

Coaching Pathways

Can anyone advise (No smart A's answers please), What suggestions are the best pathways to elite coaching

Topic #24946 | Report this topic

how elite?

where are you at now?

best speak with whoever is development officer at St vincent street

Reply #307802 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Start off at social, work up one Div at a time until your Div 1, then JDO / Coaching Director / Senior Coach.

Reply #307804 | Report this post

WestBearCub  
Years ago

what about on a state level, where should someone go first; sasi, state etc.

Reply #307810 | Report this post

Swoops  
Years ago

Westbearclub:

I am sure you could ring your Coaching Director to discuss these sorts of things, failing that, you could contact other clubs to discuss what programs they have in place to give opportunities to coaches.
I know at our club, there are definite pathways to improve your coaching opportunities.

Reply #307815 | Report this post

you have answered your question

Reply #307818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why be a state coach just do what I plan to do coach my div 1 team to state champs for next 2 years follow them up and coach them to ABA then coach 6ers

Got to love being smashed ;-)

Reply #307822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just wondering, but do state coaches actually get paid anything and if not when does the money start to actually happen in the "state" systems?

Reply #308083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, State coaches do not get paid.

Reply #308102 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754