curtley
Years ago

3 pt trivia

Without cheating, which of these players have scored the most 3 pointers in their nba career?

Andrew Gaze, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or Andrew Bogut?

Topic #25136 | Report this topic

Bucks  
Years ago

Bogut Did show some nice 3 point shooting in the olympics but I can't go past Gazey he would have to of hit more 3's then the two centres even if he did play 1 or 2 seasons in the NBA and from memory limited minutes I still say Gaze.

Reply #310813 | Report this post

D@B  
Years ago

i know Bogut cant shoot free throws so I will translate that to cant shoot from 3 pt line.

Given that gaze played for a very short period of time ill go with Kareem

Reply #310862 | Report this post

NJS  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze

Reply #310887 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'm gonna say Kareem. Just because no one else will.

Reply #310889 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

It's Gazey. He's got 9 career three pointers, more than both other guys together.

I'm also surprised to know Olajuwon scored more 3s than Ewing.

Reply #310903 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Bogut hit 5/6 from 3-point line in the olympics haha. The line is in a little bit more from the NBA 3-point line though.

Reply #310905 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I was up for Kareem as well, just for longevity.

You're not counting shots in the warm ups?

Reply #310921 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Kareem played in the NBA from 1969-1989. He never attempted a 3 point shot until the 1979-80 season. From that season until retirement he attempted 3's every year but only scored once. His total was 1/18 (.056%). His only successful 3 point shot was against the Phoenix Suns at the Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Feb 24, 1987.

Gaze played 23 games over 2 NBA seasons (7 with the Washington Bullets in 1993-94 and 19 for the Spurs in 98-99). He shot 4/8 beyond the arc for the Bullets and 5/16 for the Spurs. His total is 9/24 (.375%) Gaze currently has the highest percentage of successful 3 pointers of any Australian born player in NBA history, just in front of New Orleans Hornets backup centre David Anderson who is 35/101 (.347%) from 3 point range.

Bogut is still playing his 6th NBA season with the Milwaukee Bucks and has shot 1/20 at the 3 point line (.050%). Like Kareem, his only score was against the Suns in Phoenix. It came on December 1, 2006.

Reply #311478 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:00 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754