please mr norwood
Years ago

when can we expect Easter draw ?

anyone in the know at norwood able to tell us when the draw will be up by ?

Topic #25323 | Report this topic

good question  
Years ago

It shouldn't take them long to do it, as from what i hear not too many teams have nominated this year

Reply #314046 | Report this post

hogwash  
Years ago

046 : incorrect

The NZ teams won't be here because there is a tournament over there. Apart from that, it will be a high quality tournament as normal.

Reply #314071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

High quality - as usual??

I am really looking forward to a five day break being ruined by another meaningless tournament for most teams and at the same time have to dip deeper into my pocket to cover the ever escalting costs.

I don't see much enthuisiasm for this when speaking to other parents from other clubs - especially when the rest of their kids who don't play basketball have their break ruined

Reply #314347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 347

Then pull your child out if its such a big deal.

Simple.

Reply #314355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great answer!!! We all know whathappens when you do that with basketball.

You wouldn't be a Norwood person spreading the virtues of this meaningless tournament (for most) rather than being seen as another cash impost on parents. And I can afford this others can't

Reply #314362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've got nothing to do with Norwood.

I've had kids not play in the tournament when their team did however.

Remember its Easter and most clubs are accomidating when it comes to this weekend. I know ours was.

State Champs & June Classics, well that was entirely different.

Reply #314368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then that defeats one of the only benefits I see - Many games over a short period of time to reinforce team structures. That can't work if the team participating is no the complete team.

As such it just reinforces my opinion that it does not serve a purpose for most participants

Reply #314388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what you're actually saying is even though roughly 150 teams from SA, Victoria and sometimes NT, WA and New Zealand nominate, you think the tournament should be scraped because its too much of a commitment for you in your situation.

I'm sure you're not alone but if there wasn't interest then the tournament would fail and disappear. The fact the tournament exists is because there are teams and families willing to commit.

Reply #314390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I question whether it is the teams and families which commit to this tournament or whether it is the clubs or coaches which make the commitment for them.

Don't mistake numbers with families endorsement of this tournament at this time of year, particulalry this year with Anzac Day.

There would be a not insignificant number of families attending under sufferance

Reply #314431 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Yawwnn..........

Reply #314500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Christmas

Reply #314524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So when can we expect the DRAW ??????????

Reply #314607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am going out on a limb and suggest that the draw will be out before Easter

Reply #314620 | Report this post

wax on wax off  
Years ago

web site says week before so it should be up by 16th april

Reply #314623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know what the number of teams nominated.

Some people are saying the nominations are poor and down from last year others saying they are good - which is it?

Reply #314746 | Report this post

I know Dandy, Melb 1 & 2 are the only teams coming from Vic.

Reply #314810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754