skull
Years ago

The Reptile Rumble !!

ladies & gentleman...let's get rrready to rrrrrumble!!

in the green corner- the much fancied crocs

in the orange corner- the 'lets roll the dice' taipans

looking forward to the scrap.......not looking forward to the 'wild turkey' hangover.

(p.s my shout orbit)

Topic #25416 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Yeah baby Taipans by 2!!

Reply #315494 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

No Turkey for me Skull - i've got toads...

Reply #315495 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Well done cairns. Sad to see a few ex crocs sinking the boot in

Reply #315505 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

That's Homicide for you.

Reply #315506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats what you get for the throwing the last game of the regular season to avoid traveling to Perth...Those bball gods see everything! lol

Reply #315508 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah I still think it is because Townsville lost that last game of the regular season by so much and as a result gave all the momentum to Cairns.

Reply #315511 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Schenscher played 23 min in that time had 13 and absorbed 4 fouls. Only 23 minutes. Enough said. Trev boy screwed the pooch on this one!

Reply #315512 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Wow. I watched both Townsville home games on tv, missed the Cairns home game, but i found the series to be extremely entertaining. That is a good sell for tv because i have to say, most entertaining and atmospheric non-36ers games i've ever seen.

Great to see Cairns win as well, i wouldn't mind the 36ers stealing one or both of Ubaka and Dorsey!

Highly entertaining, lots of good offensive and defensive games, and i have to add, Gaze and Heal commentating together alongside Carfino was actually quite good to listen to as well!

Reply #315513 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

How about Hinder at the end of the game and his post-match interview! He was guttered!

Reply #315514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he was way too hard on himself!!!
they put up a good fight on the day but it doesn't mean their whole season and rusty himself should be a write off.
i hope it was just the anger talking but i was really shocked by what he was saying you expect them to be down but boy was he way down.
cheer up boys and come back strong next season

Reply #315519 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Yeah anon- i do hope it was just the moment that got the better of him! Unless he was hoping to retire at the end of the season with a championship?

Reply #315532 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

So Skull, I assume you made the trip to Townsville?

Reply #315534 | Report this post

KDog  
Years ago

Congrats to Cairns, just executed much better on the night. I hate to say it but Dillon and Ubaka made Crosswell and Blalock lock like they were playing with concrete boots on.

Reply #315538 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great game, Daniel Dillon was huge for Cairns. Some hard fouls in the paint, Loughton's gonna have the meanest black eye after Hinder smacked him on the follow through and Jones hammered Schenscher across the head and didn't even get close to any ball.

Breakers Vs Taipans Grand Final, bring it on.

Reply #315539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers by 20+ both games.....Cairns match up well against Crocs, but not exactly a powerhouse team. NZ sadly will blow out the GF series now with there 'under the salary cap roster'

Reply #315541 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Big Ads- no i didn't end up making the trip,couldn't find a baby sitter for the day !!
but really enjoyed the battle,great game to watch on one hd, and a big thumbs up to the commentators etc.

if cairns can go in and pinch game
one.......yep.....let's roll the dice !!

Reply #315542 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

Peter Crawford had his best season in the NBL. Crocs will never ever win a championship with Michael Cedar starting. He is a role player, nothing else! Cairns were too good on the night so well done to them.

Reply #315544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the crocs were really let down by the imports this season

Reply #315548 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Why do people keep underestimating cairns, they finished 3rd on the ladder and have played some good basketball I don't think the Grand Final will be as one sided as people think

Reply #315550 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

agree Big Sexy, Cairns have earned their spot by playing some great Basketball over the season and if they can knock down shots like they did against the Crocs, they can win a Championship. I want NZ to win for sure, but I think Cairns are gong to leave it all on the court and throw everything they have including the kitchen sink at NZ.

Reply #315568 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

whatcha talking about bball fan?? micheal cedar has been pretty awesome this year, i would love to have him at the 36ers. nails some big time 3s, i havent seen alot of him over the season though how is he on the defensive side guys??

he is on the youngish side to isnt he?? would think he can become better. has been a great year for some newish and young talent.

seeing mitch creek and cadee start their careers, cedar, weigh going on with it, madgen. djs end of season. expect blanchfield to grow, there is more im forgetting, we need these kids to step up cause we saw alot of greats leave the game (maher, loggins etc) recently and im hopeing the next gen can delight us as much as they did.

Reply #315573 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

ild expect nz to be favourites but ubaka, loughton, crosswhite are stars of the comp now

Reply #315575 | Report this post

KDog  
Years ago

Phil, Cedar still only about 24 I think. Has improved on defense and ball handling this year. Just needs to keep mixing the three up a bit more with taking it to the hole. Can go missing for a bit if the three isn't dropping, but I think he's been great for us just needs a bit more consistency.

Reply #315579 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

so he is of aboriginal descent as well i think kdog??

ild hope to see more indigineous kids play as i think they will be a big asset to any team. looking at jurrah and goodes at 190cm+ with their speed and skills if playing bball at a young age could be superstars

Reply #315599 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

Phil - The main reason why Cedar should not be starting is his defence. He got 'worked' by Daniel Dillon yesterday. And I have seen it time and time before where Cedar gets out played. Starting guard in the NBL.....C'Mon!!

Reply #315605 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

was dillion his responsiblity?? dillion had a very good game.

i still like cedar,

alot of players do seem to have that weakness, they are either excellent defensive players and either liabilities on offense or just capable on offense or great offensively and a liability or average defenders.

Reply #315622 | Report this post

Croc Watcher  
Years ago

@ DJ Rod which ex-crocs are/were sinking the boot?

Very dissapointing to hear.

Crocs had another >.500 year and doing so with 2 local boys in the starting line-up. IIRC thats 5 seasons in a row >.500 and only missing the playoffs twice since becomming the Crocs. Not bad for the second smallest town in the league. Congratulations Crocs.

Congratulations also to the Taipans. They played 3 big games very well. Ubaka made crazy big shots. Dillon had a career game in the 3rd. If Cairns can keep that form rolling they have every chance of sticking it straight up the Kiwis.

Reply #315690 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

ill be cheering for cairns, like their work ethic the past 3 games.

speaking of work ethic ellis was very good, why wasnt he in the team from the start??

would have been a better option for adelaide than holmes i think.

Reply #315693 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:17 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754