Panther
Years ago

Hunnerups comments...

In Boti's article today he quoted Bob Hunnerup as saying, "he was adament Paul Bell was the difference between West winning and losing on the weekend..."
If true, these are comments of a desperate, ignorant man searching for different excuses as to why his team keeps losing. Instead of living in a dream world, where you keep saying "but if only...", how about looking at what's in your own backyard and utilise it!
What about saying, "if only I had put more experienced players on the court at the end of the game..."
Paul Bell was a non factor in this game...he WASN"T there! If making stupid comments like this makes losing feel better than go for it.
If you want to compare what would've happened if Paul played, you'd also have to throw in Scott Thur and Aaron Lockyear both of whom weren't playing due to Personal reasons, then they even out.
At the end of the day, South got the 'W'!
Let's hope Bob can think of another excuse next week when Paul's back and the Tigers knock them off...

Topic #2545 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

geez Panther you can add the rematch v West with the game South v $agles (going on your posts the other month re cap) as the games to watch off the ball! Love it

Reply #28627 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

To be honest, I would've thought that the West players would have taken offence to Bob's comments as well. He's saying that they weren't good enough to win without Paul Bell, which I feel is untrue. They have a great group of players who I feel have really underachieved over the last 3 years.

Reply #28629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bobs OK! I think it was more Boti just been a tool!

Reply #28636 | Report this post

clown prince  
Years ago

all i can say is bob says a lot of things

Reply #28640 | Report this post

Bob must go  
Years ago

Im sure he wouldve had another excuse if Bell was there.We wouldve had a bigger lose if Bell was there. He lets us down on D and holds onto it too long on offence.

Reply #28646 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

knowing bob this interview would of been held at the pub so what do u expect (one to many bob)

Reply #28649 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Well there's Bob's excuse for the rest of the season..."i'm adament Mark Nash would have been the difference between winning and losing..."

Reply #28655 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

How bout you all get stuffed and leave Bob alone. As another anonymous mentioned it was probably Boti making up some crap like usual. He seems to enjoy bagging other clubs so why shouldn't he try and make Bob look bad too? This topic shouldn't be about what Bob 'apparently' said but what other crap Boti will come up with next!!

Reply #28687 | Report this post

rememberence  
Years ago

Panther, are you dirty about the way you and West parted company a couple of seasons back?

Seems like there is some bad blood there??

Reply #28699 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

Panther must be a good coach. If you look at what West have done, and then make those comments, you should join Phil & Steve. Two seasons ago, West lost a final by 1 or 2 points on a night when even you would not have stopped Jason Dix.
Last season saw injuries and the 2 big guys ( Blake and Bamton) leave and some close losses.
Now West blood some young guys and play a close game without their captain and the coach is canned for making a personal opinion.
Boti has been spewing since Blake left as he has had to leave local ball and heaf to Sydney to find Brian & Shane to shit-can. (they deserve it though)

Reply #28703 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think Bob's comments have been blown out of proportion. It's fair enough to say Belly would have made a difference. He's been the club's leader since Blake left.

Unfortunately with Boti's article you only hear one line out of a conversation.

Reply #28716 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

It is true that Bob makes too many excuses but does little to make his team improve. Hes not coachin the Lions now, hes coachin the most sussesful club in this state. No matter the situation bearcats should not be towards the bottom of the latter. What is going on at West Adelaide?

Reply #28739 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

There's no bad blood what's so ever between me and the Bearcats, i'm still good mates with all the players, coaches and members down there. Just peeved at a comment that Was written in the paper that Bob was meant to have said.
Bob's a great guy and I can't say whether or not he's a good head coach or not because he was assistant while I was there, but the last thing he should be doing is saying,"...but if we had Paul we would have won."

Reply #28742 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

I think most of what Panther is very valid. Bob has a wealth of experience at a high level of coaching but he must remember that is very much unlike the times of murray Bridge where he had superstars that could do a lot by themselves. In my opinion Bob must rotate the younger players but when it comes down to the crunch you must have your most experienced point guard on the court.

Bell is no excuse! He is a handy player and captain but you can't make excuses. West had a team that was capable of winning and they didn't.

As far as I know Panther has no bad blood with the West Adelaide Club but was playing in that game and saw first hand what decision could have made a difference.

Reply #28822 | Report this post

DA  
Years ago

the problem with westies is simple
get rid of hunnerup problem solved

Reply #28873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754