Farviewer
Years ago

Forum Rules Exist!!??? Fooey!!

Seems to have been a dramatic decline in the maturity and sensibleness of many people posting on these forums. Until the last month I found many interesting posts & discussions, but lateley some people have seen fit to resort to name calling, threats, profanities, swearing, rumour, inuendo, narcisim, vindictive personal posts, and the lists goes on!!

Isaac, you own the site/forums. I believe it is prudent to delete all those posts, warn or ban such posters, and have people tidy up their act before someone does take matters further!! I say this as a strong basketball supporter and for your own protection.

Posters, I suggest you be mature and sensible and cease from a lot of this "crap" some of you go on about. Stop being personal and name calling etc etc. Facts or thoughts and ideas, not rumour and denigration!

"By posting to this forum or reading beyond these terms you agree not to post any information that is threatening, obscene, defamatory and/or knowingly false, hateful, sexually oriented or in violation of any Australian law. "

Think about it, or go on a long holiday!!

Topic #2553 | Report this topic

coach k  
Years ago

Well said.

Reply #28719 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Nicely said!

Reply #28722 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

totally agree
Seems to be a fair bit of people blowing there own trumpets lately

Reply #28726 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Isaac is away for a few days hence he hasnt eben sitting at triplezero refreshing the main page every day....couldn't resist getting that one in. We other mods will look into it when we have the opportunity!

Reply #28736 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I can understand were you are saying' but come on its all in fun if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.lol

Reply #28745 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

one example of the "crap" I spoke of............

"re: Forum Rules Exist!!??? Fooey!! (#28745)
I can understand were you are saying' but come on its all in fun if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.lol

anonymous, 08/04/05"

Some of the words written and how they are written/expressed do NOT give an element of fun in them at all. And also think about how Mr or Mrs Population would look upon some of the threads and various posts, especially if their son or daughter are playing in any club, OR clubs where people are mentioned by name in terms along the way I originally posted.

BTW, your sarcasm re the kitchen and heat : been in more heat and kitchens over the years : does not bother me in the least.

PERCEPTIONS of others reading, and possible legal challenges would, in some of the threads that others have written.

Reply #28767 | Report this post

Kodos  
Years ago

Farviewer

Spot on. While the threads about the assistant coach of Norwood u18s and Centrals next JDO might be just a dig at Damien Tsouris from someone who knows him, most people who read this have no idea who the guy is and don't need to read this stuff. This is not the appropriate place for your childish crap.

Tiger/Lion/anonymous - or whatever you want to call yourself next - give it a rest.

Reply #28769 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

No one can condone what has posted and some of it has been derogatory leading towards a libel (a permanent form of writing) and the plaintiff (who it is written about) can take a 'tort of deformation' out on the defendant (Whom wrote it) so let all think before we post some garbage about another person even if it may be true and especially on a public forum.

This being a public forum you will always get immature people who will always try and find a way of getting under someone skin, like it or not, it is human nature.

Reply #28774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just leave Tiger/lion /anonymous alone it might just be a joke/fun between them so back off

Reply #28775 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

it is a bsketball forum, nothing more nothing less

not a trash talk session

or pimp my ego

let's keep it on the tracks

Reply #28788 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Raises my glass to all of those, including myself, who are getting a tad weary of some of the posts making their way on......please let's just keep posting things that are interesting to those of us that love our basketball, it would be such a shame to lose this fantastic forum!!!

Reply #28790 | Report this post

Pureballer  
Years ago

I agree if people want to "joke" like that go to other forums /chat sites
Enjoyable reading is spoilt by just a few!!!.............

Reply #28810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not fair on moderators to put in twice as much work because some cant control themselves

Reply #28812 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

as some one that has about 75% of my posting deleted for what ever reason, if it is in fun then fair enough but when it involves a club that is going thru a bit of dificulty then thats not on
tiger/lion/anon. if its a joke then it's beter when both pepole are laughing

Reply #28828 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Farviewer, start a petition and I'll sign it. Kids, go back to school please ..... or play by the rules of the adult world. Sorry to preach at ya, but it's the truth.

Reply #28852 | Report this post

I agree with what you are saying farViewer but maybe we should change your login to FunPolice. Don't take offence, but it seems like it is only the stirring of some debate that is occurring.

Reply #28879 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I'm sorry if I have not quite fulfilled my obligations as moderator. Thought I haven't talked to Libertine for a few months, I'm sure he is in the same position as me, with uni exams and work we would not have the time to moderate the forum as usual. Added to Isaac being away the standards may have slipped. I will be more active from now as my obligations are lowered.

Reply #28883 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sorry guys, as DC and Libertine have said I was away from Thursday - Saturday. I'll be reviewing the 460 or so posts made in that time when I have a moment, and remove anything less than fair.

As always, if there's any specific post you want to complain about, send me the link/ID by email, and I'll look into it.

Reply #28944 | Report this post

ranveer  
Years ago

thanks

Reply #118205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754