Bizzy
Years ago

NBA's 8th Spot

Just people's thoughts on who is going to clinch the 8th spot in the East and 8th Spot in the West?

I'm thinking NJN might just pip Philly in the East and Minny might come up as a surprise packet and take 8th in the West.

Everyones thoughts?

Topic #2556 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

The Westside Story......

Currently The Griz have the 8th seed in the West. They are 10 games above .500. The Griz have 8 games left against the Heat, Cats, Spurs x2, Mavs x2, Rockets, Denver. Eight very tuff games and potentially a 8 game slide before the play offs.

If the Griz lose all eight, then there record would be 42-40.

Minny is only 5 games above .500 with seven games left against Denver, GSW, Sonics, Atlanta,Spurs, Jazz and Hornets. They could pencil in 3 very probable wins (Atl, Jazz, NOH), but games against Denver, GSW, Sonic and the Spurs I would tip against them.

If Minny win the 3 games against the teams they should beat then they are 43-39.

The end result being Minny in by a game, but I can't see Memphis having a eight game losing streak, especally with a game against the Cats at home. Minny won't make the playoffs. KG for the lottery!!!

Reply #28738 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The Eastsiders.........

Now, currently Philly hold the 8th seed with a 37-37 .500 record. They have eight games left against LeBron, Celtics, Heat, Bucks, Hawks,Washington, Indiana and the Nets. I think we could possibly pencil in W's against LeBron, Bucks, Hawks. If they win these three that puts them at 40-42 record. Maybe enought for a playoff run in the Leastern confernce.

New Jersey are 36-39 .480 record. They have seven games left against the Knicks, Celtics, Philly, Washington, Pacers, Toronto and Boston. All these games are going to be tough for the Nets to win as all bar the Knicks and Toronto have better records. Let's give the Nets those two wins, that leaves them at 38-44. Not enough in my books for a playoff, and VINsanity and Kidd are looking at the lottery.

The team that needs to be a little careful are the LeBron's. They have games against Bucks, Knicks, Boston, Philly, Magic, Wizards, Pistons, and Toronto. Their record is 38-36.

I personally think the Cavs will drop to 8th, and Philly will take the 7th seed.

Of course this is all speculation, it's the NBA and anything could happen.

Reply #28740 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

I wouldnt be surprised if philly jump the cavs and boston if webber can get healthy and produce with iverson.

Reply #28765 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

New Jersey have been given so many oppertunities if they dont win the next few games and take 8th spot they are a joke. It would be the first time in a while they would have missed out too.

Reply #28813 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Agreed, statue of liberty. New Jersey are a joke.

[Sit back, give it 24 hours, and wait for Northerner's comeback.]

Reply #28850 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:54 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754