Craig Winder
Years ago

Adrian Sturt to 36ers

Signed a 1 year deal this week. Is he in the 10 or 11th man?

Topic #25750 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really? Is that true?

Reply #321307 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

big win, should have been here a few years ago. A lot to like about this kid

Reply #321309 | Report this post

Craig Winder  
Years ago

Not sure i like the move. posting poor numbers in qbl atm. Reportedly on 60k contract. couldve got him for less i feel.

Reply #321310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is playing Big V for Eltham and is solid without being septacular! Had great form a couple of years ago thou.

Reply #321311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go player who at 6'10 can get out in lanes! brings a different look to us if it is true!

When can we excpect the club to annouce?

Reply #321312 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The Pickards and the Gerrards are wanting tickets ,now
as do unknown fans.
The mood is expectant, even exultant.

Reply #321314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this offical yet?

Reply #321319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not True!

Reply #321321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been told that Adrien hasn't signed with the 36er's!

I guess this is another pipe dream...how is the Jawai signing going?

Reply #321322 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If you see him , anon #321322 , say 'Hello'
from a lotta Adelaide fans that'll go out and buy tickets, if he did.

Reply #321327 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Didn't he play for Essex Pirates who didn't win a game in the British comp>?

Reply #321338 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

You must have a very big family Camel

Reply #321340 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I want my daughter to marry Adrien Sturt.

Reply #321341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think anyone cares if your daughter is going to marry him!

He cam legit play, so have we signed him?

Reply #321346 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Shouldve signed him a few years ago when he couldnt crack into the Tigers' line-up because of Anstey and DJ being there. Had some real promise then. But he's definitely not the same player.. only averaging 11 and 6 at 38% in the Big V. His numbers were literally double that two years ago

Reply #321358 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

John, I had a look at his numbers and wondered why they were so deflated from previous season. I worked out the reason is because Cameron Tragardh is there and he is getting about 24 and 12 which is why Sturt's numbers are deflated. Either way I think we can get a better back up center then Sturt

Reply #321363 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Greg Vanderjagt would be a decent back up. Currently getting 16 and 10. He has been very consistent over the seasons

Greg Vanderjagt SEABL Stats

Reply #321365 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Tragardh does take away some of Sturt's numbers but two years ago (I made up that his numbers were double but they actually were, he averaged 24 and 12 with the Tigers that year), he was playing with Corletto who had to get his points, Matty O'Hea and DJ, who averaged 20+ himself that year

Reply #321391 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

Agree that Vanderjagt would be a better option for now

Reply #321402 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Good point about Sturt performing good when DJ was there also. Looks like his game is dropping off

Reply #321407 | Report this post

Money bags  
Years ago

If he has signed wonder if he will play local abl for sturt???

Wouldn't that be funny

Reply #321415 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Mildly humorous at best

Reply #321418 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Not even that, to be honest.

Reply #321428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt is still a huge X-Factor as he is 6'10 and runs the floor and can play from the 3 to 5 in the NBL & guard the perimeter!

If he is looking to head back to UK or Euro he is probably using the Big V season like a pre-season to Europe so maybe it’s his number that aren’t important but just keeping his touch and a solid fitness base.

I think he’d be a good signing but I’d sort the rest of my roster out first and if we need a cheap local to fill that 3 or 4 spot that is an X-factor you might go and get him, but I’d be waiting until mid-August to make the decision as no point signing him if we get imports who are playing the same sort of position.

Reply #321433 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely not true about the deal. I don't know where people get this stuff from!!!

No intention on staying in Australia.

Reply #321452 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A tenth man at best in the NBL. His numbers in Britain were about the same as Michael Kingma's!!

Reply #321459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He assures me that the won 1 game in the BBL last year!

Reply #321495 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Invited to play for British National Team.
Invited to NBA Euro Camp
I believe.
Did he want to talk about the Adelaide 36ers ?

Reply #321499 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

They won 1 game from 33 and stats not that good either from what I have heard. Was invited to train in camp with the British national team and attended an NBA Euro camp but looks like nothing came of it.

Been disappointing this year in Big V, for a 7 footer his rebounds and shooting percentage is way too low.
Needs more production if any team will be attracted to his game.

Reply #321512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In saying all of the above would his numbers in the NBL be any worse than Ater Majok??

I think not!!

And from memory Adrian has got hops! so as they do in the NBA why not take a punt on him! Can't be any warse than what we get from Holmes plus if he develops in 2 years we might have unearthed a player!

Reply #321574 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Craig Winder

Reply #321615 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Haven't posted for so long, forgot how to do it. Craing Winder, could have got him for less than $60K? That's not much more than the Dole. What incentive is there to get out of bed in the morning.

Reply #321616 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd take 60k per season to practise basketball, work out, travel the country and maybe play 5 minutes per week.
Beats my 40 hour week for 12 months for similar pay.

Reply #321622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got word they are strogly looking at Sturt for a D spot or roster spot and have invited him to preseason.

He's had to tell his Big V club he'll be leaving 2 weeks before finals start to begin the preseason with 36er's.

Reply #322519 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754