Anonymous
Years ago

question on aba basketball

Looking around at the shooting figures, why on earth are the so low? Some players shooting percentages are even in the 20-30% range, why on earth are the still putting up shot after shot?
Is it that coaches are just happy to settle for that percentage?

IMO teams just simply don't practice shooting often enough and work on it, and honestly, they don't even practice basic skills often enough. You see players who don't know how to finish in the paint, no post moves, poor ball-handling. Do coaches just stop working on skills at training's when it gets to senior level and just do scrimmages, because that's what it looks like.

Shooting percentages should really be as follows:
FG%= 45%
3P%= 35%
FT%= 80%
And post players should should be 50%+, there is no excuse for shooting percentages to be so low and for the lack of skills.

Topic #25878 | Report this topic

Panther32  
Years ago

Amen.

Reply #323481 | Report this post

Titan 90  
Years ago

"Shooting percentages should really be as follows:
FG%= 45%
3P%= 35%
FT%= 80%
And post players should should be 50%+, there is no excuse for shooting percentages to be so low and for the lack of skills."

And what percentage do you shoot from behind your keyboard? My guess is 0 out of 0. Go back to 2k11, life isn't a video game.

Reply #323488 | Report this post

White Dog  
Years ago

In my oppinion the best ABL player I have seen in the last decade is Jacob Holmes and he averages about 40%. Even in the NBA your best scorers are around 40% and they play and train daily.. And the NBA isnt renouned for its defence.

Reply #323492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

40% FGs
30% 3P
70-80% FT

Reply #323496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go check the NBA's shooting percentages White Dog, i think you'll find even the Guards are creeping up to 50%, and Dwight Howard in the post is near 60%, and this guy is suggesting only 50. Seems entirely reasonable.

Reply #323561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754