Anonymous
Years ago

ABL court announcers

who does everyone think the best court announcers are these days?

Alan at morphett vale is great... probably one of the best.... has alot of fun doing it.. well done alan!!

Topic #2590 | Report this topic

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

The south court announcer has egg of his face following saturday's womens game. After announcing the undefeated womens, he then commented that he was sure the mavericks girls would still try hard. Good to see the Maverick girls stick it up him, maybe next time he'll be a little more cautious in what he says!

Reply #29089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LoL the south one isnt very good.. doesnt have a sence of humour!!!

Reply #29090 | Report this post

Comedian  
Years ago

Lions young fella is funny, gets the crowd going, and comes up with some good sayings

Reply #29097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

guys, as these people are difficult to get and volunteer their time, maybe you people who like to have something to say back off if they dont quite get it right.
Contact your club and offer your help if you think you can do better,they would love to hear from you.

Reply #29101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no 'court announcer' at south. Anyone that can do it at the time does it. It's a different court announcer each week.

Reply #29102 | Report this post

welby  
Years ago

yeah i know its someone different each week cause 2 weeks ago he called me Peter Welbourn instead of Paul Welbourn when introducing me when i reffed the mens game!!!
didn't i cop it all game from the south guys (jb, scanlon and danny) and also the west guys when they where sitting on the bench :)

Reply #29146 | Report this post

pkls  
Years ago

That's all right Peter, I bet your refereeing mates will give you a hard time too!!

Reply #29152 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

And you took it on the chin like a man too Peter! ;)

Reply #29157 | Report this post

dj fan  
Years ago

I think the Port Adelaide court announcer is great, great tracks, and you can actually hear him, not like many other stadiums

Reply #29177 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I quite like the Centrals announcer, he does a pretty good job of getting the crowd pumped. Pretty funny and creative.

Reply #29703 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Agreed. The kid who does the centrals games isn't afraid to get things going... I've been impressed everytime i've been to the plex this year with the atmosphere they have out there. Well Done.

Worst = Sturt. His announcing is seldom bad, music a different story. Leave the thrash metal CD's at home champ. Hard enough to get supporters to Passie let alone turning those faithful away with Pantera Linkin Park. I swear i had a nightmare after the last game.

(Mod: Careful! Pantera were legendary. Linkin Park are nothing.)

Reply #29721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when morphett vale has a decent crowd, southerns announcer allan really gets them loud! does a great job every time. great voice for it, and he's pretty hot too! lol

Reply #35774 | Report this post

Sexual Chocolate  
Years ago

Woodville's court announcer last year was the best in the league, hands down.

Reply #35799 | Report this post

That's why he got the NBL gig, i guess.

They play thrash metal at Pasadena??? I should watch more Sturt games!

Reply #35809 | Report this post

tigababe  
Years ago

good call anonymous. damn hot. and not bad on the mic. Go tigers!!

Reply #36162 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754