guard992
Years ago

Nepotism

Iam 11 years old and play in the vjbl,recently i walked out on my team after being sat on the bench by the coach for all but 3mins of a game in the Classic Tournament,his reasoning was crazy to me,as iam easily the best player in the squad.He in truth wanted to make sure that his own son got to do all the plays that iam best at.My family got upset and dad offered him $1000 to allow me to play off against his son or anyone else inthe team.
CAN ANYONE OUT THERE TELL ME HOW DO YOU MAKE SUCH A CHALLENGE HAPPEN,I REALLY WANT TO SMASH THIS GUY.

Topic #25900 | Report this topic

freddles  
Years ago

well not buying you are eleven but if you are you have anger managment issues and i applaud you knowing such a big word as nepotism and understanding what it is at such a tender age.

Reply #324003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stop sooking!

Reply #324005 | Report this post

JTW  
Years ago

wish my Dad had a $1000.oo every time I was benched

Reply #324006 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Also not buying you are Eleven years old.

Knowing what the word 'nepotism' means and the typing skills and punctuation just don't add up.

Either use your own words and stop listening to mum and dad use adult words or reveal your own age.

Plus, get some help for your anger management - it's unhealthy to says those things.

Also, humility is a good thing as well.

Reply #324008 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Cage match - you're 11, so you need to learn that violence is the only way to solve these sorts of issues.

Reply #324009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guard992 I'm sure you will do well in "TEAM SPORTS"

Reply #324012 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

You're not 11 and GROW THE F**K UP!

Pretty much nothing in life goes the way you expect it to. Learn to deal with challenges in life by being the better person, understanding where your deficiencies lie and work on them.

No one is perfect and we all have things we need to work on.

Reply #324013 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

luckily for you, you seem quite humble about your abilities on the court lol. Get your daddy to buy you a new team and a can of "harden up"

Reply #324014 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Get your kid to go play tennis as you obviously have no idea?

Reply #324017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol at the school holiday troll....

Reply #324018 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

JTW that was hilarious.

Reply #324021 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Im gonna take a stab and guess that your a spoiled little only child? Gets everything thing the want, so when they don't they have a little dummy spit! And mummy and daddy run in to solve all your problems.

Reply #324022 | Report this post

Years ago

come in spinner

Reply #324050 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Get Dad to offer $2000 for the match-up against the coach's son to make it worthwhile

Reply #324062 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Is that you rich Daddy. U aint helping your kid one bit with this post...

Reply #324066 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

Sorry Junior but I'm from Vic and actually can relate, but posting here on a SA forum wont make/get any friends or sympathy

yes it happens a lot in Vic that parents coach with their child in the team and 'said' child gets more court time than most

but thats in lower Divisions below VC so how good are you really ?????

choice #1 - go to another club

choice #2 - play better and get up to VC team and then you wont get a parent coaching

choice #3 - go play netball - that may toughen you up

Best choice - get your Dad to stop dictating your posts and get him to coach and YOU will get all the court time you want - no friends - but all the court time you want

p.s. send me the $1000 and I'll arrange the one on one I promise, just let me know the coaches name his sons name, where they play and a contact number for them and you and I'll get right onto it.... as soon as I bank the $$$$$

ROFLMFAO DIDNT THINK I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE END WITHOUT PISSIN MYSELF

Reply #324074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get your dad to give the $1,000 to the kid if he doesn't show up next game.

Reply #324109 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

It aint braggin if u can back it up
Sorry if u guys dont get it
im not a big head,just a kid treated unfair by an adult using his position for his sons benefit and not the team.
yea,i looked up the word that best described what happened,and ill back myself anyday,thats what sport is about aint it??

Reply #324138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that you, Wilkey?

Reply #324183 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Your Dad offered me $1000 once too.

Hugely awkward conversation.

Reply #324185 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Guard992, $1,000 from Daddy is nice, but in all this you have neglected to mention your mum. Does she bring anything to the argument?

Reply #324189 | Report this post

Fleagle  
Years ago

Sorry Jack, mum got the $1000 from me, thats why she is quiet, she gave it to Dad to set up little johnnies game.
Nice.......

Reply #324192 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Damm!

Reply #324193 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

Put up or shut up..
Basketballers dont know how to roll with thAT!
oR ARE GENERALLY NOT THAT CONFIDENT.

Reply #324198 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Someone from Norwood needs to read this thread and recruit Dad and Jnr. straight away.

Reply #324207 | Report this post

Dud  
Years ago

A bit like Daniel Joyce getting minutes ahead of Tyson Demos. It does happen even in the NBL. Just a proven example.

Reply #324208 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just imagine if Tarantino caught wind of the potential in this story.

Reply #324210 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

pics of said Mum and Thousand bucks taped to her nipples?

Reply #324211 | Report this post

freddles  
Years ago

you continue to lose credibility with your langauage skills and nuanances hardly an eleven year old. Nepotism I get and understand don't understand that is an eleven year old posting, get it, got it, good.

Tarantino would make a great movie of this

Reply #324214 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

and Danny DeVito can star as the 11 year old

Reply #324280 | Report this post

I don't often quote my mum but on this one occasion......"just ignore him and he will go away!"

Reply #324308 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

AND SURE AINT NO SPOILT,RICH KID.JUST GROWN UP AROUND BOXING AND WANT TO DO BASKETBALL INSTEAD,JUST SEEMS LIKE BASKETBALL PEOPLE DONT STAND THEYRE GROUND WHEN BULLIED,IM DIFFERENT LIKE THAT.

Reply #324332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guard. Better to find out now that basketball is a closed shop and only a few have the key than waste your time thinking it's on the up and up. Complaints are not welcome in much in life and when you scream they tell u, 'softly, softly'and when u use that approach they tell you, " you should have screamed". Most settle for being average and not rocking the boat.

Reply #324335 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

So go join an opposition team and beat them.

Problem solved.

Reply #324337 | Report this post

Years ago

chuck norris never sits on the bench - he wields it

Reply #324344 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

Anonymous and chuck norris dude are kool,rest of u SOFT,is all i can say.SOFT

Reply #324351 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

guard992 - top age U12s - VC?
position you play - PG?,SG?,Centre?

how long have you been playing?

and what area are you from Nth Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs or down Geelong way, maybe down Frankston way?

maybe someone can suggest (like Really and I have said) a team you could join to play against him and beat him that way.

I normally promote loyalty to team/club regardless of the politics but since you've left the team - you may as well get a clearance early and shop around for a better one - try outs are only a few months away

Reply #324359 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

This is me and these are my skills. I am 11 years old, tell me honestly if you've seen anyone my age in Australia that can handle a ball like this or known of anyone who would challenge me in my age group. http://youtu.be/8LB9KAuLMsQ

Reply #324446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not bad little man, at least you are out there practicing. If you are who you say your are and aren't happy with a team, just move clubs!! Small word of advise though....don't go putting a title up "the next LeBron James" on youtube you're only asking for trouble.

Reply #324455 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Why is it that your Dad can afford to drop $1,000 on the table for a 1 on 1, but can't afford a decent net?

Reply #324457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or a gardener.

Reply #324462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not plannin on losin 1 on 1 FOOL!
Havent you ever backed youself Jack "toss"?

Reply #324466 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure that you need to run with "Jack toss" when "Jack Toft" is already a potential euphemism for wanking.

Reply #324467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So true little bro,you got skilz

Reply #324468 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Obviously, last two anons and the original author have the same IP.

Reply #324469 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

lol i like this kid, you got a lot of confidence little brother, but a word of advice, find a better role model than Lebron James...you can go along way in basketball if you work hard (like you do in your video) stay on your grind and don't waste your energy on the politics side of things in basketball, let your talent do all the talking...oh and change teams!!!

Cheers
Uncle Tru Blue

P.S. im not reall his uncle hahahaha

Reply #324471 | Report this post

Guard992  
Years ago

Thanks for the advice my real hero is rondo anyway.

Reply #324472 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

GREAT VIDEOS - really

ONE BIG problem - you only shoot right handed

other problems - there are no blankets standing still on court, no trampolines to help dunk and you dont guard your shot, also you have a major preference to left side shooting - all signs a good coach or player will pick up on and defend accordingly

but congrats to your practice ethics

oh and I agree with everyone on 'the next' - LeBron, Micheal and all the other names you use - why not be the first G D B (name with-held) you might just make it to the big league

ps on age compared skills my son would have beaten you and the same with a kid named Dante - FACT

Reply #324474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GUard ur goin about ur business in training the right way. I would suggest I've seen a lot players in ur age group that would give u a run for your money though, but I reckon you will be a player. The great thing about hoops is its an intense TEAM sport. Being part of a team and working with team mates and different coaches is part of the challenge.

If ur as a good as ur video shows in a yr or 2, assuming your in a descent vjbl club, you wont have parents coaching you. Trust me coaches want to win, develop players but just as important see their kids have lots of fun. I'd question whether your attitude of yourself will be a hinderance (if you need to look up that word, feel free) to your team mates having fun.

Its a team game.

Reply #324475 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

Imnoballer
of course there ae no blankets on court, i put those there because my neighbours kept complaining about the noise of the basketballs bouncing all day, im 11, i cant dunk without a trampoline that is just to show u that i know the mechanics of dunking, i shoot towards the left (only from 3 point land) for power. If u look closely i shoot completely on the shot line in my other shooting sequences.

P.S I truly doubt ur son could beat me in one on one or Dante. How old are they because i never seen or heard of em.

Reply #324476 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

their state players - and Dante is an Aus rep now

Im sayin when they were 11 they would have creamed you and Dante doesnt have a strong left side either.

Reply #324478 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

ill have to get a delorian to sort this one out. you got anything outside of hollywood fiction to challenge me with?!?

Reply #324479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PPS: my left hand is the strongest of any kid ive seen in the world, dream on

Reply #324481 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ha Ha!

I have used "Jack Toft" (jacked off, annoyed) since I was a Uni student and contributor to a "uni rag", particularly when writing letters of complaint, signing off with "I'm Jack Toft and don't you know it!"

I even had a stand up routine, but keeping a Scottish accent going was bloody hard.

Reply #324485 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

I looked at your other posts and it looks like ur right into basketball. Honestly do you think there are kids like me out there, same skills and i run 12.1 in beeptest too. Be honest because ive never played against anyone (in VC) as good as me.

Reply #324486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will never play at NBL level or higher because of your attitude. Seen it so many times.

Reply #324490 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

ru sayin,its possible with the skillz,just talk about skillz,for my attitude,u would have to know me to be able to know my attitude,just talk about skillz.I am asking for your opinion on my skillz,not a psychological evaluation!

Reply #324491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enough of your attitude comes out here. You will be a cancer on a SEABL team at best or get invited to play against a touring And-1 team. Good luck. Neither of those things is a day job so concentrate at school.

Reply #324493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for our "Skillz Evaluation" Dr Phil

Reply #324494 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"psychological evaluation!" there is no way an 11 year old boy would have spelt psychological, if you guys think for one minute you are speaking to an 11 year old boy you are all fools. Enough is Enough parent of the 11 year old boy in the video own up to the scam and eat humble pie!!! PS you are scarier than "Damir Dokic"

Reply #324496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At 11, I would've written past that standard, I just wouldn't have played basketball like that.

But I'd also say it's a troll or a lost cause.

Reply #324497 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

spellcheck,right click,thanks for compliment,i think it was anyway thanks if it was meant to be.

Reply #324498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm super impressed by the delorian reference. Kid knows his 1980s movies...

Reply #324501 | Report this post

The pretty one  
Years ago

You're probably the next Mitch Creek not the next Lebron James.

You look like a real Aussie bloke that will love the ladies in every possible way.

Mate, I think you should keep doing your thing and anyone wants to talk shit tell them to fuck off.

Reply #324502 | Report this post

guard992  
Years ago

thanks to everyone who said nice stuff, my mum thinks i should stop being on here. so thanks again i will let u know if i ever get my challenge happening.

Reply #324503 | Report this post

Years ago

chuck norris counted to infinity - twice

Reply #324504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If your real hero is Rondo then can we have a video sequence of all your turnovers!!

Reply #324518 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

guard992 - if you are who you say your are, don't listen to people on hoops, there's a lot of negativity on here, and its human nature in a sense to wanna shoot people down.
Just do you man, be yourself, practice hard, and once your playing professional ball come back on here and just say "told you so"...

Reply #324526 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That last suggestion is terrible advice. Sure you didn't set up The Decision for LeBron?!

Reply #324535 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

lol at obvious troll. bored overseas Isaac? :P

Reply #324536 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Back home as of mid-July. Only wish I thought of something this involved.

Reply #324540 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

How is that bad advice? What's happens if this is an educated 11 year old kid after some advice/help on something? Everyones so quick to breath hate these days I chose to go against the grain...

Reply #324551 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You reckon a Brett Maher would hit back at people on a forum to show them up? Just train hard, fit in with your team and focus on the game itself. I was talking with a very experienced basketball type just the other day about how much you learn over time that very often team chemistry and fit trumps individual talent. It's the reason David Cooper kept getting contracts (and could probably still be useful in the NBL today).

Reply #324553 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

you never know he may grow up to be the next C.EXUM or Homicide

or commit homicide

Reply #324627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754