Anon
Years ago

ABA Finals

With the season heating up headed towards finals, who should be in control of the finals games in terms of referees?

With Phil Haines and Andrew Filmer unavailable as per CABL referee by-laws, which is a questionable by-law, I would expect the other National League Referees in Durant, Weiland, Mcdonald, plus Devlin to take care of the finals.

I would also expect that there would be a significant effort to avoid a repeat of last years finals.

Topic #25931 | Report this topic

Oden08  
Years ago

"questionable by-law"??

Don't you mean the most ridiculous by-law in existence? It is like if an SANFL team were to prevent their (good) Crows/Port players playing in the SANFL GF because they wanted to let some of their less experienced players get some GF experience.

You should be able to choose the best (and in form) umpires for the most important game of the year. You have to earn your stripes.

Reply #324591 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

What is the by-law?

Reply #324660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious? Devlin?
She is where she is because she is female.
Dan Troy well before her....

Reply #324692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many active AFL umpires also umpire SANFL?

Reply #324693 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Off the top of my head the SANFL have Hay,
Bowen and Fila doing AFL. All 3 would not have done 50 games between them.

If Phil and Andy are rostered to Minor Round games then they should be rostered to finals as well.

McDonald & Wieland Men
Durant & Troy Women

Once at this level you have to select on ability not gender.

Reply #324809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754