Isaac
Years ago

Blitz: Crocs vs Cats

Crocs massacred. Redhage brutally efficient with something like 15/5/3 in 18 mins. Nevill with 16. Schensh in double figures for Townsville.

Topic #26341 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Final score: 59-98.

Reply #331120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gill and Mims reffed out of the game. I wonder if the NBL will ever fix that?

Reply #331122 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Or they could just fix their game up.

Reply #331123 | Report this post

Mugsy  
Years ago

haha...reffed out of the game.....didnt see you at the game Anon.....

Perth were just far too good.

Reply #331127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm curious as to how perth stay under the points cap with that line up as it's 11 men deep - if it's legit then perth for the title with a healthy team,

bad signs for townsville too - seem to be missing something again this season

Reply #331133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the cats are not under the points cap...its all part of a of massive conspiracy to make them dominant and keep the forums alive and the opposition teams down....

I'm pretty sure the NBL would have checked their tally !!

Reply #331152 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No surprises here. A team that has been together for years dominates a fresh squad that only has two preseason games under their belt.

Crocs length will cause problems once they get their shit together...

Reply #331216 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Norton or Chris Cedar need to step up or else they will be in trouble at the pg spot. A bench of Allen, Hinder, Blanchfield, C Cedar and Norton is very light on for experience.

Reply #331221 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mick, Nevill had a big impact and is new to the Cats. They had a few major contributors coming back from injury too. Crocs haven't made many changes besides the imports. 39 points is surprising even considering these things.

Reply #331223 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

True. The Crocs starters are quality, but the bench is suspect and that's where Perth has killed them in both games.

When they have Blanchfield, PC, Schensch, Mims & Gill on the court they look nice - nothing but transition baskets off intercepts due to their enormous defensive length.

However, Woolpert has been playing his two units fairly separately - not sure if this is a preseason tactic to give the youngsters some exposure or how he will run his actual rotations. I hope it's not the latter.

I fear Norton is going to be injury prone forever (although his potential as a dead-eye shooter is probably worth the risk), Ben Allen is entirely useless and cares more about his hair than chasing a rebound or finishing strong around the basket, and Hinder would struggle to make an impact in the local club league at this point in his career. Not sure what they were thinking keeping Rusty on - a truly genuine nice guy, but unlike some veterans his mind and basketball IQ have somehow dwindled along with his physical skills. He's constantly missing defensive rotations and just making boneheaded mistakes in general on both ends of the floor and to be honest I feel sorry for him out there when he is so thoroughly outmatched. I also question his leadership ability when he has repeatedly turned in terrible performances in big playoff games.

I also wonder whether Cedar being offered the captaincy over a veteran like PC has caused some division in the camp. PC isn't the best leader and has a tendency to berate his teammates, but i'm sure he didnt feel great about being passed over for a guy who hasnt really proven much in this league at all.

Still, it's preseason. You really can't read anything at all from it, even though we all like to after having an offseason of little to talk about.

Reply #331233 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754