effie19
Years ago

New Look for Woodville Womens ABL Team.

The Warriors Women look to have been busy recruiting quality players to compliment the juniors in their programme. I think all will be surprised at the difference in depth the Warriors women have for the new year

Mark my word this team will be mu
ch improved next ABL season.

Topic #26422 | Report this topic

europa52  
Years ago

Oh dear.

Reply #332181 | Report this post

LH  
Years ago

so name the recruits or get back to the bottom of the ladder.

Reply #332182 | Report this post

effie19  
Years ago

As they say words don't mean shit just wait and see.

Reply #332185 | Report this post

You are the one that started this crap.

The words that don't mean shit are yours.

So back up or pack up.

Reply #332187 | Report this post

effie19  
Years ago

Will do wait and see

Reply #332189 | Report this post

ROFL  
Years ago

Tameeka and Lyndell from south don't count as seniors to compliment jnrs.

Reply #332190 | Report this post

effie19  
Years ago

Ya don't know shit Dick head lyndell is not commin over Tameeka yes wanker

Reply #332191 | Report this post

europa52  
Years ago

effie19, you do realise you are just confirming the stereotype of Woodville people, don't you? Might be better advised to put up or shut up.

Reply #332198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic 4-eva!

Reply #332199 | Report this post

CreativeDirector  
Years ago

I am revising effie's comments to assist with the accuracy....

The Warriors Women arguably look to have been busy recruiting quality players to compliment the juniors in their programme. I arguably think all will be argubly surprised at the difference in depth the Warriors women have for the new year

Mark my word this team will arguably be much improved next ABL season.

Reply #332202 | Report this post

ROFL  
Years ago

Effie mate your getting a bit aggressive there buddy.

Tameeka is great and she the best attitude out and really good work ethic. (when she comes to training)
She will solve all your problems.

And if its true that nigel Alexander is the assistant coach I hope the girls are ready for abusive sms at 1am in the morning cause he does get his way.

IF this is true???? bad move Woodville He has more baggage than the Ghan on a friday morning heading to Perth.

Also what about the jnrs that have left either go to Southern, or coming back to West.

Reply #332205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh Dear

The Ghan has never gone to Perth.

This thread is just so full of inaccuracies you would think it has been written by a pro-Liberal Murdoch employed journo!

Reply #332212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any other recruiting rumours going around

coaching changes?

Reply #332218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville picked up a few woodville juniors for some strange reason

Reply #332221 | Report this post

I'll be  
Years ago

i've heard that the lions have arguablly the best coaching panel and arguablly are the ones to watch and arguablly should arguabbly rival warriors as arguably the best club in juniors and arguably seniors as well.

Arguablly all be it below the other clubs that make up the program which I might also add is arguably the best program arguablly I have come across.

Reply #332223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tameeka Muir? Your kidding right? ..... oh dear if that is star the comp is looking very ordinary.

Reply #332224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What ages have forestville picked up woodville girls in?

Reply #332228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What ages have forestville picked up woodville girls in?

Reply #332229 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And this is why you just let your club and game do the talking. Work hard and people will naturally talk you up; woof too early and you'll get everyone offside.

Reply #332230 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

It seems there is a chance they may go up.
They can only remain where they are, or go up (not much space below)

Reply #332231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone should really stop Karen Winter from using the interwebs......

Reply #332232 | Report this post

Lions Roar  
Years ago

school out early this year!

Reply #332237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18's to forestville

Reply #332238 | Report this post

?blah?  
Years ago

and west i hear

Reply #332259 | Report this post

bird33  
Years ago

Talking team up this early is a bit premature, although don't know why overtones so negative on here. Karen Winter is a good young coach and has been very proactive in getting new players

Reply #332268 | Report this post

hopscotch5  
Years ago

#268, Karen is out of her depth at ABA level. It's that simple. They will not move up the ladder while she is in charge because they have hardly any juniors, so they need to recruit. problem is who is going to want to go there when Winter is in charge. She's a relative nobody in SA basketball. When Lynne stepped down the club should have aggressively headhunted a coach with a greater profile who could attract players.

Reply #332274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone should cut nigels Internet access before he does unrepairable damage to the woodville club

Reply #332286 | Report this post

ROFL  
Years ago

Well he already did that to south's U18's girls program last season.

Reply #332300 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

WELL, That was pretty F*****G emotional!!!!!!!!!
I cannot speak about K Winter because none of my kids were coached by her, BUT, my daughter, lacking self belief and confidence was coached by Nigel and the only thing I could question about him would be his his ability to see something through long term.

It's a sad fact of life that the tall poppy syndrome is alive and well on this forum.

Reply #332331 | Report this post

bird33  
Years ago

The tall poppy syndrome all u narrow minded f......ckrs out there ya about to eat your own words. Karen is a great coach and Nigel is an excellent motivator and defensive coach.

Reply #332343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fill, alive and well in Australia.

Reply #332380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am reasonably sure Karen or Nigel dont meet the criteria for a "tall poppy"

Reply #332383 | Report this post

Charon 61  
Years ago

when betting on the gee gee's one looks at the track form and the field in the race - one really at the prior form to get the true drum Well look at the Alexman's form and see lots of starts not many finishes.

Reply #332384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

such tall poppy's wouldnt know them if i smashed into them

Reply #332394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was excited to see 30 odd comments on this thread on the front page. Disappointed to see that the content was completely useless.
And yes I have probably added another useless comment to this useless thread but hey, if you can't beat them, join them.

Reply #332401 | Report this post

Charon 61  
Years ago

well lets hope its a new look - need interest increased so all new bloods welcome

Reply #332478 | Report this post

ganymede78  
Years ago

I think Fill's post is the funniest thing I have ever read on Hoops. Tall poppy syndrome?! Haha. We are talking about Nigel Alexander. 99% of the basketball population in this state have no idea who he is.

Reply #332482 | Report this post

Dione 45  
Years ago

So who has the Lady Warriors actually picked up apart from unknown assistant who apparently wont go the distance. proof in the eating of the pudding,maybe some people speak on here with forked tongue.

Reply #332578 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Fantastic they have a brand new aba team but what about their juniors so far from what I've seen theyve got nothing from u14-18s there 12s aren't that great either

Reply #332716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville juniors jumping ship like rats on the titanic. I can think of at least 5 players that qualify for under 23s that have already left.
I know of at least 1 senior joining the team that is more trouble than she is worth, with a know it all parent that has nagged every coach the the daughter has ever had.
Woodville made their bed, time for a nap!

Reply #332726 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Name that senior player who's apparently more trouble than shew worth. With regard to the 5 u23 s the warriore have lost who are they and where have they gone?

Reply #332729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lock this thread it reflects poorly on basketball and hoops itself

Reply #332734 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

We can't name then as they are juniors and are under aged
But if I'm not wrong
2 18s have gone to west
1 18 gone to forestville
2 u23s have quit
4 u23s have gone to west or sturt
Anymore

Reply #332739 | Report this post

ganymede78  
Years ago

Why would u18 girls be leaving? Isn't Karen Winter the coach of 18G? I thought she was the messiah who was going to turn things around?

Reply #332755 | Report this post

Dione 45  
Years ago

again forked tongues speaking - warriors have lost maybe 2 thats all - and have gained that many - status quo
steady as she goes.
Coach is on top of the situation and be pleasantly surprised with the development - tis silly season and for good reason.Expect improvement.

Reply #332756 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Maybe 2?????? lol

Reply #332757 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Say no more all we be known in time. I know what the negative hoops fans will say no players of substance have been picked up. Be pleasantly surprised when all is known. Kare isn't the messiah but a bloody good coach

Reply #332758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is the secretary of woodville now?

Reply #332764 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Your all a bunch of negative of fuckheafd

Reply #332803 | Report this post

ganymede78  
Years ago

Nigel this is getting ridiculous. You started it with your silly woofing. Wait until you achieve something before you carry on like this!

Reply #332808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Karen is a babe and yes i am jealous of her husband ,but life is cruel and he is a nice guy so people stop writing crap about the lady and let her leave her mark on the club as she wishes.

Reply #333002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eight girls from 18's to 23's and ABL have left.Two more are heading off and if this continues they will have more 'coaches' than players.

Reply #333422 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Re 3002- good post Luke!

Reply #333481 | Report this post

basketba  
Years ago

karen as the coach of the 18s div 1 girl was a wise move but since lynne left some of the girls thought their future wasnt going to be great and once a few good players started to move the others moved as well because their team wasnt going to be as strong!

Reply #335978 | Report this post

dione24  
Years ago

I'd move too if Karen Winter was going to be my coach. "Not up to it" is probably an understatement.

Reply #335986 | Report this post

Eagle Rock  
Years ago

Warrrior Management had a chance to make a brave new call for this program but buckled under to appoint previous coaches assistant.Interestingly made before certain power broker moved clubs. Dont blame anybody but yourselves who made this decision. Easy decision , wont make tough calls because have no vision.SAD BUT TRUE.Wish Warriors well as comp badly needs all teams competitive,hats of Centrals you show that with thought and planning can improve but can you maintain Model yourselves on the teams That Win - Eagles Rock

Reply #338295 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

So I presume that when you say teams should follow the Eagles lead, are saying all teams should by 4&5 halfway through the season, get an tall Jamaican player that lifts total offensive effort by 14 ppg to go 8&1 for the last half?

Reply #338304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant be doing too bad u23s are unbeaten at the moment

Reply #338316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U23 men maybe but women are 2 and 2 and have been well beaten in their 2 losses

Reply #338334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh dear the u23 women from Woodville I think youll find are beaten and the Reserves are 3 and 1 last week having a very good win against West. The team has recruited 5 role players and are very close to getting a quality point guard. So the Warriors are looking pretty solid.

Reply #338355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u23 women are 4-0 as of BSA ladder

Reply #338358 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

No one is saying a finals team but will be significantly improved and have a 3 year plan in place

Reply #338365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any team building around shay bayly is destined to be a disaster, ask any of her last 8 clubs

Reply #338386 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Not building around shay at all she's just another piece in the puzzle. On the brink of signing a star point guard.

Reply #338414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont think Marino will look good in green.
You might be close but plenty are chasing.

Reply #338433 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Nope not Marino

Reply #338435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't this be typical of Woodville with their juniors at the point of collapse they are going to buy a guard to add to their midget fleet. Knock, knock is anyone home?

Reply #338451 | Report this post

j  
Years ago

Hardly a dossier fleet 3 girls at 183 and 3 over 180 not a huge squad but hardky tiny.

Reply #338481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well you just keep buying while your juniors burn j, I think just about everyone in the world has told you you don't rescue junior programs by spending all your money on seniors.

Reply #338486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The warriors women will improve this season. No one us saying finals but should win at least 4 to 6 games much improvement in previous seasons.

Reply #355380 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

With the competition getting generally weaker I think you are right, woodville should get wins against south and eastern (with Tess away with opals commitments), they may even steal one from a southern. So 4 to 6 is a good guess, goal for this team to be judged successful will be 8 though.

Reply #355393 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

Filthy
Tess is not part of the opals at the moment. In fact, the squad is about to be announced after the camp in Canberra this week.

I still agree with your assessment though. Woodville if organised really should get some wins. South will be 2 wins, 1 each from southern and Eastern. So 4 wins , 6 would be a really good season.

Reply #355397 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

jen screen suiting for forestville ?

Reply #355400 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

You would assume so.

I think she is in the opals squad so that will have an impact.
They will qualify her for finals.

Reply #355415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754