Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut to Kings?

Sydney went from paying close to $20 for the championship at the start of the weekend, to now be paying $5 and into 3rd favorite!

Topic #26467 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

they announced on abc news last night he was going to the kings

Reply #332946 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

So the $5 bet is really a bet on whether the NBA lockout will end or not. If they have come in to $5 then others must have drifted a bit. I think the market this year will be all about predicting the result of the NBA lockout.

Reply #332948 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I dont think Bogut could win the Kings the championship.

Increase numbers, exposure and interest in the kings maybe. Maybe get them close or in the finals.

But one player, who plays the same position as the teams MVP, isnt going to win the championship. Last time I checked basketball was a team sport.

IMO

Reply #332951 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Still no reputable sources have published this.

Anyone?

Reply #332959 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I don't think there will be an official announcement until tomorrow, but check the Bogut insurance thread on here. A couple of guys on there who have good connections/ have been right in the past about stuff seem pretty convinced he's going to the Kings. It was enough for me to go out and buy good tickets to the Sixers-Kings game in a couple of weeks anyway!

Also I didn't see ABC news, but if anon above is right, then that surely just about clinches it.

Reply #332967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings pushed a full strength Wildcats side at the pre-season tournament without Khazzouh. Every one is saying Wildcats are head and shoulders above everyone else but the Kings acquitted themselves extremely well without their franchise player.

Add Bogut to the mix and they will be an exceptional team and if they play the twin towers opposition sides will struggle to defend it as Khazzouh is very mobile and could easily play 4 to Bogut's 5.

And if the lockout goes belly up and he is here all season who knows what would happen. In my book they were already a contender with the only question mark being the guard spot. Well backup guard spot at least as after a full pre-season Bruce played extremely well in Queensland.

Reply #332970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on adelaide now, it says he will most likely go to the Kings but it also said Bogut tweeted that he 110% had not signed with anyone yet.

Reply #332972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, he might not have officially signed (would ruin the opps for a big press conference) but all the talk is that he's agreed to sign with the Kings and supposedly their media guy has booked some plush hotel for a big announcement.

IMO, If Bogut is here for the whole season the Kings would be almost a lock to with the championship.

Reply #332981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and robilliard gets bailed out again. Coaching the best player the country had ever produced will mask a lot of deficiencies.

Reply #332985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's definitely the Kings, although the official announcement is likely to be pushed back a day or two. Will play Friday night against the Tigers at the Cage.

Reply #332987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anonymous
Today
15:56 3 Oct 11

Reply #332985
re: Bogut to Kings?

and robilliard gets bailed out again. Coaching the best player the country had ever produced will mask a lot of deficiencies."

Hey , at least Mosse's not coaching the Boomers , its worked fantastically well in the wnbl - LJ'S $500,000+ Signing for the 12/13 , 13/14 and 14/15 WNBL seasons should ensure "Supercoach" still has a gig after Opals fail to get Gold OR siver in 2012 London

But more on topic - i actually thought he did a good job as a rookie coach.

Reply #332988 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Definately Kings and odds for Kings winning title are shortening with betting agencies.NBA season looks like its on ice as neither of the two parties are prepared to move ground. In the end everybody loses....

Reply #332989 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

In the end both Melbourne & Sydney will be worse off when the players they structure their offense around will be gone before the playoffs.

As for Melbourne, specifically, I don't think they'll even make the playoffs with Patty. He's not the kind of player that makes anyone around him better, and his individual production at the NBL level appears to be on par with Corey Williams, albeit with worse shooting perecentages and far fewer assists...

But only time will tell...

Reply #332992 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"As for Melbourne, specifically, I don't think they'll even make the playoffs with Patty."

WHAT!!

They still have Ubaka, Dorsey, Trigger, Rush, Burston, Dillon and very solid role players in Greer, Lewis and Walker.

They will be in the playoffs.

Reply #332996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah stay of the hashish Mick

Reply #332998 | Report this post

Badassmofo  
Years ago

Gold coast officially out of running
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goldcoast.com.au%2Farticle%2F2011%2F10%2F03%2F354315_gold-coast-blaze.html&h=BAQDC_YaIAQAVtEQ8RCcMtLSsp0UQaUWepsb2Ysvl5NA4yg

Reply #332999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blazers were never in the hunt. Or the Sixers.
sixers have more spin than a spinning top
Marty job on the line.

Reply #333004 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

yup
was told at the cairns warmup game to get tickets for the two sydney games now and not when we get there for the opener against the tigs

we took the advice :D

Reply #333014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut at 4 spot pfft he's only a 5 man and always will be a 5 man Khazzouh can play 4 no one takes Bogey's territory lol

Reply #333031 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Sydney Daily Telegraph today: We don;t need Andrew Bogut, say Kings

SYDNEY Kings coach Ian Robilliard says his team do not need NBA superstar Andrew Bogut to make a splash when the NBL season kicks-off on Friday.

Reply #333048 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Today's Sydney Morning Herald: Kings braced for early call on Bogut

THE Sydney Kings could learn this morning if Andrew Bogut will suit up in their purple and gold singlet for the National Basketball League season opener on Friday night in Melbourne.

Reply #333050 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Melbourne's Herald-Sun today: Andrew bogut racing against the clock to make NBL debut this week

THE clock is ticking at an alarming rate on whether Andrew Bogut makes his NBL debut this weekend, possibly for the Sydney Kings.

"If we get to Wednesday and it hasn't been resolved, he's said he won't play this weekend," Bogut's agent Bruce Kaider said yesterday.

Reply #333057 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Now it's do or die - no insurance sorted today, no playing at all... that's a bit of a turnaround from teh "we'll just play the next round" from the other day...

Either way, I'm just glad that they're using a better pic of him than the one that had him getting out of a car looking like a supermodel/Shane Warne...

Reply #333220 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Wookiee, I think you've misinterpreted. If the insurance doesn't get done today, Bogut will just miss round 1.

Kaider has not said that they will give up if the insurance isn't ready today. Obviously there may come a point where Bogut's negotiators give up and decide that insuring him is too hard, but I don't think we're there yet.

Reply #333224 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I know what all the other articles have been saying, but as per the other thread, this most recent article:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/decision-day-for-kings-and-bogut/story-e6frey6i-1226158514418

says otherwise...

there's not much I can misunderstand from "NBA superstar Andrew Bogut's management has declared a deal must be struck with the NBL side this afternoon OR IT IS ALL OFF."

so if there's a misunderstanding, it's from the dodgy Telegraph "journalist" :)

I was just pointing out the change in story from other past articles... I hope it's wrong though...

Reply #333254 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeh, no worries Wookiee. I know the article your drawing on now. I'm hoping it is just dodgy journalism from this guy too. It's gonna be bad for all parties if this falls apart at this point.

Reply #333258 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754