Junior
Years ago

Lions wont win without Watson

Last Saturday night Central Districts played without star player Jye Watson, a game which they should have won but shockingly lost to West! The Lions have been on top form this season but questions must really be raised about their bench depth and where they would be on the ladder without Watson. Central really need to work on their skill,confidence and focus!

Topic #2699 | Report this topic

Pablo  
Years ago

Well North reserves pumped centrals by 30 + after they lost in abl by 4. both teams practically were their abl benches, so just goes to show how poor centrals bench is.

Reply #30336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why didn't Watson play? was he hunting a Panther down????

Reply #30341 | Report this post

Intelligence  
Years ago

Pablo, your so wrong, its offensive.

Reply #30343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waston was sick. I thought Centrals did well to stay with West. Whilst they never hit the lead they still kept themselves in it. Centrals teams of the past would have crumbled and lost by plenty.

Reply #30344 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Intelligence - for those of us who haven't seen centrals yet this season, tell us why.

Reply #30345 | Report this post

Bootlegs' Buddy  
Years ago

Would West have one if they didn't have Nash?

Reply #30346 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

I copped some flack last week for saying that Benny the Hurricane Evans was going to shut down Jye. I was told that I was crazy and Benny was all but useless. Stats from the game show the Hurricane scored about 26 with 10 boards and 5 assists.

1) please don't underestimate the hurricane

2) Jye you were scared of the wrath of the Hurricane don't make out you were sick mate!!

Go the bearcats! Back on track for 2005

Reply #30348 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

according to Bobby Nash isnt the difference, Belly is!

Reply #30349 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Very funny anonymous, I like it!
Better get used to it Centrals fans...

Reply #30350 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

From what I am told he was at the Warnambool MVP dinner!

Reply #30352 | Report this post

Kingman  
Years ago

As the team is about to hit the court for warm ups with the per-game done they look back and see Jye throwing up in a garbage bin, Reggie not feeling well either. A bout of food poisoning is thought to be the blame. But, Yes, They still should have won. Another learning curve for the Lions. Still 2/3 of the season to go.

Reply #30353 | Report this post

Sam L Jackson  
Years ago

Boo Hoo to the "lions" hear them roar. Team commitment should have seen this future NBA All Star take the court (he game has been talked up a lot on this) no excuse just softness.

West 100 Centrals 0

Reply #30354 | Report this post

Intelligence  
Years ago

Pablo is completely wrong, because the game he is referring to did not contain two full strength ABL Benches suiting for reserves. Not even close or 'practically', as he put it. Therefore it has no relevance in discussing how strong Centrals Bench is, when four bench players wernt even playing.

Reply #30359 | Report this post

Kingman  
Years ago

Well Sammy that's a very clever post did it take you long to think of that?

What a good question you provide, who was (if any) the last player to play ABA that is playing in the NBA?

West 100 Centrals 0

Yes Wests won and good luck to them but I don't think that was the score I think it was a touch closer than that, maybe your eyesight is failing you Sammy, Wests got it done and Bob would be happy Congrats to them.

Reply #30361 | Report this post

Sam L Jackson  
Years ago

Clever, thanks Kingman I try and keep you happy campers amused, it only took a hole 5 second to come up with that sarcastically astute comment.

I will try again,

Centrals bench is like Ralph Mouth in happy days, they are all sitting in street cloths underneath the tracksuit knowing they will do no good once they get on the court.

Last ABA player to play in NBA would have to be Chris Anstey or Mark Bradtke, his Norlaunga days (bank SA State league is countered as ABA)

IIRC Paul Rodgers never played any NBA games did he?

Reply #30362 | Report this post

JYE WATSON  
Years ago

Scooby, hahahahahaha

Reply #30363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if Watson did play... thats just 20-30 more shots he would have taken rather than Wilkey! West's team style of game is strong enough to take it to any team, or stand out player in this league.. Good job fellas

Reply #30385 | Report this post

Junior  
Years ago

sorry but have you not seen Jye's score average lately?! Wilkey has been playing shit this season and Jye has carried the team. He would have easily scored 20-30 points to make the difference!

Reply #30387 | Report this post

up top  
Years ago

junior is right. not only would Jye have scored 20-30 points he woulda shut sum poor sucker that had to play him down.

Reply #30392 | Report this post

Comedians  
Years ago

You guys are funny, lets be realistic Jye had food poisoning Reggie had the flu, they will that game every time, who is the Hurricane? that must have been his best season game yet with those stats, These teams will meet again then you guys can talk it up, well done West or a good game.

Reply #30403 | Report this post

Comedians  
Years ago

WIN

Reply #30404 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

If jye had have played it would have been a very different game indeed. "Panther" I think we are going to have to get used to the fact that you have this burning desire to put down what centrals have done and are doing this year. I don't know what they have done, and you seem to have this fascination with jye I don't get it? When your own team played centrals they got beaten on the first game they had played together and your own team has just as good a record. They have to be doing something right? I think the only thing that we should get used to is that winning feeling because this team can only get better.

On the fact that this team is a one man team, has any one seen some one by the name of Paul "ice man" Vanderburgh play that guy can play a little bit so can someone by the name of Silky Wilky his got some game (even though he was in a funk). I think that there bench is under estimated they have Matt Atkins, Adam Todd and Terry Harvey who can all make strong contributions also with Damian coffey playing well over the last couple of weeks. They have a bench they just had a bad game.

Reply #30408 | Report this post

jezzalenko  
Years ago

At the end of the day it takes 10 players to win a game, sometimes 12. When you lose a key player like jye its gonna be tough. However he is just part of the puzzle. The centrals bench are strong. They all just have a role to play and when you lose a 30+ ppg player your not going to suddenly be able to step up into that role in 1 night unless you get a bit lucky.

I saw the west Vs sturt game when west lost by about 50 pts with evans and nash out. West are now probably playing like a different team but the other guys are probably all contributing within their roles.

Reply #30417 | Report this post

Bootlegs Buddy  
Years ago

So with Nash gone now, how many more games will West win?

1 maybe 2!

Reply #30476 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

all you guys who say centrals wont win without jye are absolutely crazy

Reply #31069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's true. Jye dominates. Centrals are nothing without him.

Reply #31378 | Report this post

"B"  
Years ago

Jye may dominate on the court but that doesn't mean there arn't other players out there too. He is just 1 player and that doesn't make a team. Centrals are playing very well and i'd definitely say that the 'Lions, Blue Army' are giving the whole team added support. A bad game is a bad game, Centrals can win against any other team in the competition with or without Jye.

Keep it up guys.

Reply #31380 | Report this post

Jordy  
Years ago

Way to go "B"!!!

Reply #32282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so shall we change this topic to "Lions won't win with Watson"? ;)

just jokes!

Reply #32284 | Report this post

The evil empire  
Years ago

Have the Sixers spoken to jumpin' jay Watson yet, or is it just all media and forum speculation

Reply #32288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

havent seen any media speculation even unless there's something we've missed??

Reply #32289 | Report this post

The evil empire  
Years ago

The great journalist from the "rag-a-tiser" Boti Nagy referred to him taking Darren Ng spot if Brendon Mann was not going to accept a contract offer.

Reply #32292 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754