just joking
Years ago

Will Weigh save Marty

Weigh before this season was mentioned as a potential boomer in the run to London. We have all seen how great he can be (first game v perth in perth) and how terrible he can be. If he was to find consistency (start averaging 16-20 pts/game) and perhaps a boomers spot due to his form would this save clarke from getting the sack? A boomer on your team when you have lacked that recently could help his cause, and also explain the 35 minutes a game he plays :o)

Topic #27087 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

why are you talking about points production from one player when it is the fact that currently Adelaide couldn't stop a 14yo girl from scoring that is loosing them games. The whole team's D has been average and that falls on the whole teams shoulders not just Clark or Weighs.

Reply #343161 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not so bothered about saving Marty's job as I am about a player with potential reaching that with the 36ers, whoever is coaching.

I also don't think Weigh is terrible. Not giving a great return on his minutes or shooting very well, but he's not terrible. Still averaging 12 and 6 as a 3-4th offensive option behind Johnson, Warren and Simpson.

I can't see him getting 16-20 PPG when more shots are going to Johnson and Warren - pretty rare for a team to have three guys averaging 16+. I'd be happy to see him be more selective with his shots (could come with time at PF), and maybe lose a handful of minutes to Creek who is more dynamic. And keep his opposite number off the boards.

His shooting percentages (from memory 37% and 34%) compare pretty favourably with the outgoing Brad Hill (36% and 9%) not that that means much for our record.

Reply #343163 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Agree Isaac that Weigh could lose some of his court time to Creek to bolster some what on small scale our defence but doesnt demand more time with limitations on keeping opposition defensive levels as they let him have open shots now and just block up his lanes to basket it is a massive pity as if he could find a jump shot would add a lot to team game and open up lanes for himself.

Reply #343167 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Dont think he's a Boomer only because he has Newley & Ingles ahead of him, both who are taller, longer, and more athletic.

Weigh has proven he can be a capable defender in Perth's excellent defensive system.

Reply #343168 | Report this post

Alexkrad  
Years ago

Won't be a boomer any time soon

Reply #343169 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Weigh can play & needs to be let play. The whole 6ers outfit needs some freedom & a coach who lets them play. I owned a Sportsbar a few years back & Brett Flanigan popped in to watch a GF game (2000 i think)& his assessment of things was awesome 'sometimes you gotta just let em play'! Goorgian was hitler style but got results. The name of this thread is answered by the guy who started it! Just let him play Marty & a Boomer he could be!! He was better in perth cos Bevo had him relaxed...

Reply #343173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Injuries will save Marty.

Reply #343178 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

True anon. He may have just got a get outta jail free card!

Reply #343216 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He shouldn't has been a very incompetent coach way before injuries. Wasn't the injuries who started the bench in a 1 point game to start the 4th against nz. Must go not upto it, I like going now just to comment to people around me how bad he is. He is the running joke of the south side of the arena!

Reply #343234 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754