negyven_negy
Years ago

NBA surprises!

Two things happened today in the NBA that can only be described as shocking.

Firstly, when the Detroit Pistons played th Atlanta Hawks (95-68 win to the Pistons), Darko Milicic started the game! His stats for the game were:
30 minutes,
16 points,
5 rebounds (0 off, 5 def),
2 assists,
0 steals,
3 blocks,
1 turnover,
4 fouls,
7/11 field goals,
0/0 3pt field goals,
2/4 free throws.

Full boxscore found here:
http://www.nba.com/games/20050419/DETATL/boxscore.html

Secondly, when the Portland TrailBlazers played the Denver Nuggets (155-119 win to the Nuggets), Darius Miles finally justified the hype that has surrounded him since he entered the NBA! His stats for the game were:
40 minutes,
47 points,
12 rebounds (4 off, 8 def),
0 assists,
4 steals,
5 blocks,
1 turnover,
3 fouls,
19/33 field goals,
1/3 3pt field goals,
8/14 free throws.

Full boxscore found here:
http://www.nba.com/games/20050419/PORDEN/boxscore.html

Topic #2718 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Miles came off the bench for that 47 too!

Reply #30634 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Yea he did, so it was a monster effort. Considering the stuff he has done lately I think he needed a big game to silence the critics.

Reply #30639 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Since I left the league no one plays D anymore!

Reply #30648 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

That's amazing that he could do that off the bench, that's straight out of left field. Who would have thought that Miles could have done that? Must have been a monster game to watch doesn't look like there was much defence looking at the score line

Reply #30714 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think that Darko was even more surprising coming up with those numbers is pretty damn freaky and the fact that he started? Larry must have some tricks up his sleeve for the finals

Reply #30749 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think the reason he started was the fact that Rip was out!

Reply #30750 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's 7'! I think he was probably starting in place of Rasheed Wallace rather than Rip! From ESPN too:

SKINNY: Milicic started on Tuesday night in place of Rasheed Wallace (hamstring), and produced a career high 16 points with five rebounds, three blocks, and two assists in 30 minutes of action.

Reply #30754 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

that's what I meant lol!

Reply #30757 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

As Sydney Dean once said.... "Hey billy every dog has his day, anybody can win the lottery"

Lets see in Darius can put some decent games together for someone with so much talent

Reply #30949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The next game Vs. the Lakers:
Darius Miles - 22 minutes
8 points
6 rebounds
2 assists
0 steals
0 blocks
I think that game versus Denver was a one-off and may not happen again!

Reply #30967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754