Isaac
Years ago

Rumours re One and NBL

From One HD forums at Media Spy

On another topic altogether, the rumor is circulating that the NBL is going to be next to be axed, as of today (Wednesday).
Anyone heard anything more specific?

Keep in mind at this stage that this is just a rumour.

Topic #27278 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Sheesh, if you want a sport to be televised and be successful; make sure that owners don't have the names "Packer" or "Murdoch".

The competition has actually been getting better as far as games go. Reffing has been up and down like a brides panties.

If true, OneHD can just call it quits right there. Can't do anything for local sports; can't provide quality entertainment, can't even show most of their shows in HD.

Reply #345937 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ive actually heard whispers of the opposite being true and that they are considering showing a Sunday arvo game live.

Fingers crossed we dont get screwed - again!

Reply #345945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering Daniel Eade started this rumor, I'd take it with a monumentally sized grain of salt ;)

Reply #345946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Which rumour was Eade's? The MediaSpy one or Statman's?

Hopefully Statman is right!

Reply #345949 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Who is Daniel Eade?

Reply #345950 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Daniel Eade is a guy who used to do content for Gaze's site and now writes some articles for guest-appearance type sports sites and does some social media for ice hockey I think. He can be a little gung-ho with his rumours but is passionate about NBL/Tigers. He hated the change from 48 to 40 minutes and (from memory) the Tigers ditching Homicide. I get the impression from his Twitter feed that he loves Boys II Men.

I've changed the topic title to reflect that there are two opposite rumours going around.

Reply #345954 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Would not be suprised if this happened after the seasons over, they obviously have no interest in developing it to its potential.

They would be monumental c#$*s if they cancelled mid season.

Reply #345959 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Anyone that loves Boys II Men can't be trusted...

Reply #345960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does this indirectly have something to do with why theres been no confirmation nor denial from nbl re melb & bris teams ? doubtful buyers would still be interested if theres no broadcaster right ?

Reply #345965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's off Eade's Twitter account. Not sure why anyone takes any notice of the clown.

Reply #345967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea a tool i hear, not sure why he has such a following maybe bored minds. would like to see if anyone outside his circle could verify it though,

Reply #345968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Comments from the NBL here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/NBLHoops

Reply #345985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whoever runs that page probably doesnt even know & if they did wouldnt say. good to see them finally acknowledging their customers for a change. took them long enough to wake up to the enormous benefits of doing that / displaying some kind of transparency.

Reply #345994 | Report this post

Eddie House  
Years ago

Yo,

the NBL is a dying dinosaur y'all

I luv the Wildcatz but son, there aint nothin like the Clips baby

Is is gonna be shut down or what?

Reply #346040 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

TR, those baggy white cotton pants still hanging in the wardrobe?

Reply #346048 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hey Eddie house.. How does the world look from up there on your pathetic little bandwagon?

Reply #346062 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"Eddie House" you talk like you've never had an English class in your life. I didn't realise people found it cool in Australia to talk like a man from the streets of Brooklyn.

Reply #346102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I trollz for the lolz!!!

Reply #346138 | Report this post

snake5  
Years ago

Eddie House - you're an idiot. And an illiterate one, at that. It is apparent, and even a dumbass like you would release this, that you are talking about two different competitions in two different countries.
So take your backward cap, pants halfway down your arse, flathand waving, copycat illiteracy and f*&# off back to "yo momma".

Reply #346170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow you guys get fully fired up over one random troll post ? just ignore him he looks to be long gone anyway !

Reply #346230 | Report this post

Eddie House  
Years ago

Dammmmmn Snake I did nt mean no disrespect son

I luv the NBL bro

But I love ma Clips better

Im new to Ozzie Town guys, help a brother out

Reply #346235 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

Eddie House = OneHD's new director of programming

Reply #346265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL

Reply #346327 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754