The truth
Years ago

NBA Finals

The season is over its playoff time!!!.... Who peoples picks for MVP , Champions and ROY ??

In my opinion

Champions - should be close there are a few teams that can win it all ... i dont think phoniex will be able to stand up in the playoffs ... my pick is Miami or the spurs ... with my ruffy...being Dallas if all there scores can play well at the same time they can beat anyone ...

MVP - again very close ... im thinking either Nash or O neil ... looking at garnetts stats u would say he has a chance .. but when was the last MVP to go to a player that isnt even playing in the playoffs...

ROY - i think its a two horse race between gordan and okafor ... im hoping gordan wins it i like the way he plays but i would put my money on okafor

What are peples thoughts out there ??

Topic #2734 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

MVP - Nash, he has turned the Suns organisation around. Ok, Amare has stepped up in a huge way compared to last season, and the Matrix, Joe and Richardson have been playing well all season, but it all started when Nash came on board. The Suns are average without him, and a contender with him.

ROY - Okafor, the lad is constantly double teamed and still puts up double-doubles. He had 47 double-doubles for the season, and the Cats would be been screwed without him. Gordon is an awesome talent (my tip for 6th man), but he has way more help than Okafor. Mind you, the Bulls did make the play-off so maybe some kudo's there for Gordon.

Champs: I'm liking the Pistons. Big Ben is the only player that can consistantly go one-on-one with Shaq, and they also have all the pieces still in place from last year. Pistons v Spurs for the big one.

My smokey are the Suns. If they can run and remain injury free during the play-offs watchout......

Oh a player has never won the MVP when their team has not made the play-offs. KG is a possibility, but I don't think so for this year.

Reply #30882 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'm backing the Sonics to go all the way! :-)

I'd love to see the Suns take it out but I think their lack of depth will really show throw in the series.

MVP Nash is Da Man but I think AI may get a look in and is my tip.

ROY Ben Gordon, this kid rocks - Okafor is a great tallent but saw alot of the ball to get his stats up. Gordon did his thing in amazing fashion and put a stamp on just about every 4th quarter he got decent minutes in!

Reply #30891 | Report this post

D'Mac  
Years ago

champs: suns! they will play miami and itl hopefully go 2 game 7.

ROY: gordon all the way that boy got game!

MVP: i would luv nash 2 get it coz he has helped alot in the contribution of one hell of a suns team, but how can u not giv it 2 shaq daddy

Reply #30898 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

Champions: Miami - Shaq always steps up in the finals , and i cant see anyone being able to stop him espicailly with his form this season. He's gonna have a huge playoff campaign. With Dwayne wade and eddie jones, thats a championship winning formula.

MVP: Allen Iverson will win it becuase hes the best player in the league. If your goin purely on stats his are the best. Hes been able to keep his domianting scoring power and add a career best in assits. Hes unbeleivable. hes the best player off the stat sheet aswell, His Defensive hussle and game smarts make him the best.

ROY: Emeka Okafor will win - 15ppg, 10 reb. Thats enough to get it done. Plus hes a powerhouse on defense

Reply #30928 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Champions: Phoenix. I think Phoenix will face the Pistons and it will be a tight series but I think with Nash running the show for the Suns they will get over the line in Game 7.

MVP: Nash, no other player this year has had such an impact on an organisation as a whole. He has turned the suns from and average team to a 60+ win team in a single year. He has the ability to beat you with his passing but that boy can get himself an open look and knock down the shot. AI will be in a close 2nd though.

ROY: Gordon, that boy has gotten the Bulls over the line many times with his fourth quarter spectacles. I think he might get 6th man aswell. Okafor is in there but probably didn't win enough games.

I'm thinking the Dark Horse for ROY is Dwight Howard. Everyone seems to have forgotten that he is (hope this is right) the first rookie to start everygame in the regular season. He has been putting up good consistent numbers. So watch out for him. But my pick is still Gordon.

Reply #30941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

***My predictions***

- 2004-05 NBA Champions:
Detroit Pistons.

- Most Valuable Player:
Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns.

- Rookie of the Year:
Ben Gordon, Chicago Bulls.

- Defensive Player of the Year:
Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons.

- 6th Man Award:
Ricky Davis, Boston Celtics.

- Most Improved Player:
Dan Dickau, New Orleans Hornets.

Reply #30969 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I would just love to see some games!!
I went looking for when espn are showing playoffs. One game sunday morning & the next game isn't until saturday the 30th, not happy!
I am sure they showed midweek games last season.
More basketball on espn or fox please.

Reply #31011 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Bizzy : "Everyone seems to have forgotten that he is (hope this is right) the first rookie to start everygame in the regular season."

I think he's the first kid out of high school to start every game in his rookie year, not the first rookie in general. :)

Reply #31014 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Thanks for the confirmation Hoop Addict

Reply #31030 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Champions: This is a hard one with so many teams that have a real chance of winning it all but I would have to go with the pistons to one of the teams that are least dependent on wither different people are playing well with so many games that can step up and the defence that's all effort, they have the best chance.

MVP: would have to be shaq, even though I would love to see Nash get it I don't think he will because even though you would have to say that he has had the most impact of any player he only excels in one stat line and that's assist were as shaq has had a big impact on his team and is high in the rankings for points redounds and blocks

ROY: Okafor will get it he averages the most points out of rookies the most rebounds and the most double doubles out of all rookies.

Reply #31060 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I reckon its [pretty hard for the PG to get MVP unless you get your team into the Semi finals atleast, AI did it but i can't remember too many others? Jason Kidd?

Reply #31439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:04 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754