Anonymous
Years ago

Are the Blaze better without Goulding and Harvey?

IMO I think they Harvey and goulding may have been what was lacking in the gold coasts defense and with the players they have atm there's enough shooters on the court without sacrificing penetration plays and reboundig effort. Thoughts?

Topic #27515 | Report this topic

fisherman  
Years ago

Id agree with this. Team has improved since both have been out.

Reply #350042 | Report this post

dude  
Years ago

Goulding is a spud. Also the biggest try hard wearing that beanie/skull cap thing while on the bench ---its freaking summer and you live on the GC!

Reply #350052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think those two being out has created a need for certain other guys in that group to take stronger ownership of their roles. At full strength the Blaze looked like a team where nobody quite knew who's responibility it was to take a game or even take a play by the scruff of the neck. It was almost a case of them having too many options.

Of course all that was a fault of particular players and or the coach at the time because history tells us there's been plenty of loaded basketball teams that have managed to maximise their potential.

But this situation the Blaze are in now seems to have elimated a bit of that reluctance and passiveness that seemed to be holding them back. Ironically though I don't think they can win the lot in their current state.

Agree with some of the above comments re Goulding .. I liked him when I first noticed him a couple of years ago but he hasn't really gone anywhere since. He's still a raw, flashy player who seems to pick his moments and really hasn't developed into something better than he was.

Reply #350057 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I haven't really followed the gc, really dislike that team. But I'd say the money spent on those 2 is wasted compared to what talent they could afford in ratio to what they are being paid. Harvey would be paid star money and folding potential money...

Reply #350059 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Harvey can better the Blaze team when he gets back if Wright is smart enough to only use him a game by game role player filling holes for when other players are off that night, some nights he might get 25 minutes then other games only get 5. But would Harvey accept that role? Who knows.

As for Goulding.. Not so sure.

Reply #350093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally the Blaze are living up to the hype created during preseason.
I don't mind Harvey but I find Goulding erratic. He tries and puts up a shot with every touch that he gets and his defence is crap. GC is better off with him on the bench and unfortunately it took an injury to prove that.

Reply #350130 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Harvey and Goulding are two offensively-minded people, who would be extremely valuable in a team like Cairns, who really lack offensive firepower.

But in a team like the Blaze, who already have consistent scoring options with DeLeon, Gibson and Wortho, they are not needed as much.

I just feel like the Blaze are really lacking a hustle guy..
Like a Vukona, Boucher, Simpson(yes I know he is unfit, but he works his ass off inside), Knight etc.

Reply #350134 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

With Harvey it's all about attitude - if he wants to pout about not being 'the man' anymore then we are better without him. If he buys into the team and coaches plans without question then he can be an asset. That being said he has a long way to go to get fit - no matter what the paper said the week

Bubbles - welcome back anytime - Joey just has to manage his minutes better as an impact player to cover any defensive deficiencies he has. As for a beanie he wears.... who cares - its a type of hat??

Reply #350160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Dude ".... Funniest comment ever. I was thinking the same thing when he was hi fiving every pre game in a beanie on the gc in summer haha wat a tool

Reply #350173 | Report this post

Triton70  
Years ago

Since when does Harvey pout about not being the man? He has the best work ethic in that team and would have done whatever was neccessary to have the Blaze move forward. Now Wortho is another story. If I hear one more time about him being cheated of the captaincy I'll puke. Gibson's done a fine job, led by example and put up with a lot of undermining by W since Harvey has not been in the main training squad.
Should be the single leader next season.

Reply #352747 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754