JOaRiDrAN
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers marketing team

Just an observation correct me if I'm wrong as it's just my opinion but..

Do the 36ers have a marketing team???

I was at the game on Friday night and went to the merch stand to see about the TitleTown DVD. All there was about the DVD was a pile of A4 order forms and the nice ladies knew very little about it.

THIS IS A STORY/DVD ABOUT THE GREATEST 6ERS ERA EVER!

Pull your heads out of your asses marketing department, I could seriously do a way better job on top of working 45 hrs a week on my day job.

Here's some suggestions.

- put posters up around the venue on the walls, at the canteens and bars, even the piss troffs

- Novas Jarrad (who class to love the 6ers) where's your plug on the radio?

- the mc who is part owner, promote the DVD ffs even offer it as a consolation prize in the shootout at half time, did you ever think word would spread??

- the Golden Era was poorly promoted by old management but new management are way worse (amateurs)

- my understanding is the film maker sacrificed everything for this DVD, it was handed to the Sixers on a platter and they treat it like an inconvenience to have to sell it. Do any other clubs have DVDs like these? I bet not.
The Sixers should be thankful they have loyal fans but don't take us for granted.

Amateurs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me the job I'll do it for free.

The only marketing I've seen this year is that pathetic advert showing an empty pre season game with no atmosphere. It's not the team that's driving fans away it's the pathetic public image the honchos are creating.

Topic #27624 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

+1

Reply #351862 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Have been trying to buy this from the 36ers Online Store for a few days now and the checkout system has failed every time.

Weak.

Reply #351863 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

May wanna get your facts right mate as The Golden Era was done by the same management. I agree that it should have been promoted more just like the Golden Era was at the Piccadily which was an awesome night but I rocked up to the game 5 minutes before tip off went straight to the stand and got my DVD so no dramas here.

Reply #351867 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I was told they had different promoters.
What you don't realise mate is marketing is about reaching out to EVERYONE. Even people who don't want a copy and just rockup on the night.
Yes you were organised enough to CONTACT the club themselves but they do nothing to contact the fans!

How many season ticket holders? Let's say 2500
2500 pieces of printed a4 paper = $30
2500 envelopes $20
2500 stamps $1500
Total expense $1550

Let's say just half buy the DVD
1200 x $30 = $37,500

How hard is it??????????????????

It may be on their facebook page and a tiny snip on the 6ers website but think of the customers who don't use social media. It says to me the head marketing officer is probably 25 yrs old just out of Uni.

Work it out!!!

Reply #351871 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

" It says to me the head marketing officer is probably 25 yrs old just out of Uni."

Or someone old who doesnt give a shit anymore lol..Age means nothing when it comes to doing a good job mate!

The MC did annouce about the DVD during the 3rd quarter as to where they were and that they were about sold out and would have more available at the next home game.
Ballinger was on MMM and it was mentioned on there thursday night..Nova want money for plugs like all radio stations do.

I wont stick up for their rubbish advert..but before you go on a rant attacking people you might need to get some information first, makes you look smarter.

Reply #351873 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I'm not interested in looking smart on a forum mate.
Saying the marketing officer is 25 just means all they think about is facebook.

I didn't know they were nearly sold out but probably know the reason.

They ordered 100 copies. Yes 100 copies

The Golden Era sold 600 copies

I may be wrong about mmm but not wrong about printing some fking posters and posting some letters.

So what if Nova want money for a plug, if the film maker charged an hourly rate on producing the movie that cost would far outweigh the price of advertising.

And it's not attacking people I'm just commenting on a very very poor performance.

Reply #351875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The MC is not an owner of the club!

Reply #351878 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Yeah maybe he should spend less time "Marketing" and more time getting facts right. Bloody School kids!:)

Reply #351882 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

one flaw in your mail out program champ is you havent factored in the cost of stuffing 2500 envelopes

Reply #351883 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Also "2500 pieces of printed a4 paper = $30" is well below cost for a full colour brochure even through a trade gang printer of some quality.

Reply #351885 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Guys I think your missing the point. In 10 mins I've thrown out more ideas than the marketing team which probably make $45,000 each a year.

Scrap the posted flyers how about SMS or a email????

What about 4 cheerleaders walking around with copies generating interest.

THERE IS NOTHING!!!!'

You three above are quick to shoot me down but how about using all of your brains and come up with some ideas.

Im a real fan who has probably been to more games than all of you I'm just telling it how I see it. Marketing is not doing their job.

I've been told the bald mc is a part owner aswell

Reply #351887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bins is not an owner

Reply #351890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their marketing 'Department' would be one person. Skye Harwood. Why don't you email her your ideas?

[email protected]

Reply #351893 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

dont waste your time

Reply #351895 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Not just the 36ers, but the league should be pushing this DVD, have banner ads on the main site, have comps where you can win it via the NBL facebook & twitter accounts.

I tried to buy it online, the online shop kept refreshing, was painful.
In saying that I called the 36ers and placed an order right away.
Still, in 2012 you shouldn't have to call or chase something to purchase. It should be available in the easiest way to maximise sales

Reply #351902 | Report this post

Singlets  
Years ago

The last DVD lauch was great, a full house at Wallis cinemas with past players there and over 200 copies sold.

Management has changed, CEO and marketing person both started well after.

MC (bald guy) works at the club but is not an owner

Support the club and buy one !

Reply #351912 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who told you that Bonz was an owner?

I'm sure they've plugged it via email. Likely last newsletter.

Reply #351915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They only want 36ers members to buy it?

Reply #351930 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dunkin' Dan, I think that online store system is common across the league. Not sure if the 36ers was the only one failing. I tried the Wildcats one just now and it took a few attempts to get the checkout process started. Tried the 36ers one and it also seemed to work. Not sure if it was breaking down for you before the payment part or not?

JOaRiDrAN, not worth spending $1,550 in print marketing when the vast majority of members are accessible by email/SMS and would probably have received the newsletter that plugged it last weekend. You mentioned if only "half" the season ticket holders bought it - you'd have fewer than 1250 family groups/couples as members remember.

Yes, get the store working if it's not or wasn't. Plug it a bit more at games. Take orders in advance and make all staff aware of the product, pricing options, availability, etc. Only needs those basic things plus the basic social media stuff.

It's all very amateur, but the key isn't to take on another amateur, pay them nothing and send out 2,500 letters.

Reply #351941 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I agree with you Isaac. JOaRiDrAN you are too harsh in your comments which come across agressive. I think the marketing team do a great job and its a long slow progress but they are going well.

Reply #351942 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You might not agree too much - I think the club is doing a pretty crappy job here, but just needs simple fixes in this case rather than a grand string of ideas. You could view that as being nice (easy to fix) or worrying (failed simple things)!

Building a team might be slow progress, but things like marketing and game nights don't get that same excuse IMO - the processes and basics barely need to have changed over the years.

For this DVD, it's:

- make sure online store works
- plug in email newsletter
- plug on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Hoops.com.au
- mention 2-3 times on game nights
- make sure all staff are informed regarding price and availability, pre-order options, etc.
- burn enough copies

Nothing hard, but all pretty important and if the store isn't working, that's a huge hiccup. Doubt this topic would exist if the store was working and the merchandise staff had enough stock.

Burn too many copies? Give them away as prizes - barely anything to produce, but perceived value of $30.

Reply #351945 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

On the night, Bonz apologized for not having enough DVDs ready for sale as they sold out, and said there would be a lot more next home game.

That's my recollection.

Reply #352000 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I havent had any problems with the NBL store online and I have bought quite a few things. Doesnt mean there arent problems, just not for me!

Reply #352002 | Report this post

Jackson Cage  
Years ago

The tried to order the DVD through the website and had all sorts of trouble. I sent an e-mail to the club asking if there was anything they could do to help me. Within 5 minutes of sending the e-mail I recieved a phone call from someone from the club who took my order over the phone and displayed excellent customer service skills.

Yes, the website should certainly be working. But I can't fault the club's reaction to my problem.

Reply #352063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754