Titan 64
Years ago

NBL Playoff Race - who will make it?

Who do you think will make the ANBL playoffs???

NZ Breakers 17-6

Remaining games: v Wildcats (a); v 36ers (a); v Blaze (h); v Crocs (a); v Blaze (a).

Perth Wildcats 16-8

Remaining games: v Breakers (h); v Taipans (h); v Crocs (h); v Tigers (a).

Gold Coast Blaze 13-9

Remaining games: v Taipans (a); v Kings (h), v Crocs (a); v Breakers (a); v 36ers (a); v Breakers (h).

Cairns Taipans 14-10

Remaining games: v Blaze (h); v Wildcats (a); v Kings (h); v 36ers (h).

Townsville Crocs 13-11

Remaining games: v Tigers (h); v Blaze (h), v Wildcats (a); v Breakers (h).

I don't think Townsville will.

Topic #27655 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW is there a new basketball competition being run that I don't know about?

What's the ANBL?

Reply #352182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a bit like the NZNBL.

Reply #352188 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

WHATS ANBL?!?!?!

new fush n chup league bro?

Reply #352198 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Have you heard of USANBA? Lebron James is choice as bro!

Reply #352199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez calm down!! Ozzies cll the NZ league the NZNBL and NZs call the ozzie league the ANBL...its not really that hard to understand! (unless your austrailia obviously)

Reply #352205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes i'm aware there are a few typos in that post!

Reply #352206 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ANBL is like "soccer" vs "football" - just distracts people. If someone writes "ANBL", you know what they mean and can just proceed. Otherwise you have a thread like this where every single reply does not further the original topic.

On-topic, I agree that Townsville will likely miss out. They have those couple of extra losses up their sleeve and a few tough games to come. Working to their advantage is that the majority of their games from here are at home. Blaze could lose their next two and still be level with the Crocs.

Reply #352234 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

NZ have the split on Townsville, so they're in teh play-offs. They seem likely to win the couple of games they need to hold onto top spot.

Wildcats likewise have the split on Townsville so only need 1 more win to assure themselves of playoff action. That will happen. The big question is whether Cairns can knock them out of second spot. I don;t think that will happen but the next 2 games for Perth probably will decide that. If they go 1-1 or better in those then I reckon they'll finish second. If they drop them both, Cairns could still let them keep second by dropping a game we all expect them to win!

Cairns - should go 2-2 or better which I think will get them into the playoffs. Given they have 3 home games and they're strong there, this seems likely.

Gold Coast - Their results depend a lot on whether they get back to that really intense defence they were playing a few weeks back. They may struggle against teams with a strong centre, so I see them going 2-4 or maybe 3-3. The key result will be the game against the Crocs. Lose that and the Crocs will replace them in the playoffs. Otherwise they'll make it.

Townsville - I think the key is Schenscher, for them. He's not been the game winner for them that he was last year, since coming back from injury. He's mostly only played well when the other team has not had a decent big to put on him. I see that as a problem, given the teams they have to play in the home run. I think they'll miss out but it will depend on that Gold Coast game.

Reply #352243 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers back to back?

Reply #352277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blaze finals start this weekend

need to go 2-0 then they should be in

if they drop then it's all on

crocs need to win the next 3 to trouble cairns or blaze for the 4th spot

Reply #352338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Go away, caveman.)

Reply #352528 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yet a NZ team made up of mostly New Zealanders (2 Americans and 2 Australians)is the current "ANBL" (just to piss you off) champions and leading the league currently heading into the playoffs.

NZ's population 4428315< Australia 22846621
^geez wonder why your National Basketball League is better than ours lol

Reply #352533 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:44 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754