Chuck Norris
Years ago

Title Town DVD

I have watched bothe the '80 & '90 DVD's, & can I say that the SIXERS organization did an awesome job with the DVD's. My favorite is the '90 DVD.
What are your thoughts

Topic #27694 | Report this topic

coach  
Years ago

where can we get this other than at the games?

Reply #352689 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

On the 36ers site.. That's about it.

Reply #352703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers had nothing to do with either DVD

Reply #352705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was going to say, thank Lennon Cooper as the 36ers had nothing to do with either of them.

All they did for the first one is they had the premiere at Piccadilly cinema and according to Boti they reckon they lost money at that event so that's why there was no premiere screening of this one!

Reply #352711 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Agree, Lennon Cooper did a brilliant job putting that together.

The unfortunate part is how would you cover the next decade on a DVD; and apart from the Championship in 02, what WOULD you want to cover?

Reply #352738 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

The Piccadilly film night was very well patronised , and a second night for the 90's DVD would have been even larger. The Sixers set the ticket price, so it seems that either they got it wrong, or they gave away too many freebies to their mates. I would have paid $60 for the same night duplicated for the 90's

- very sad

Reply #352745 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

@ Big Marty

I agree, the next instalment (if there is one) won't be nearly has much fun to watch. Quite painful probably.

There was plenty of drama from 2000-2009, so there are stories that are worth telling. Most of them bad though.

* Brooks leaving and the championship run coming to an end at the hands of the Titans in 2000 despite an outstanding regular season.
* The controversial knockout by the Hawks in 2001, followed by Mee and Brooks leaving.
* The unlikely championship in 2002.
* The failed Rogers-Cattalini-Thomas experiment in 2003.
* The salary cap cut that screwed the Sixers in 2004, plus how hard the Sixers had to fight the NBL to add Dusty and Moore.
* Farley and Rees return and the promising, entertaining teams in 2005 and 2006 but their failures to do anything in the finals.
* The dramatic fall off from 2007-2009.
* Ownership dramas.
* The Hodge sagas.
* Smyth leaving, Ninnis returning but results staying the same.
* Maher’s final home game in front of a sell out crowd, including his final shot (a huge three pointer from well behind the line.)
* Maher’s retirement and unfitting farewell shooting 1-11 and getting belted by the Breakers in the elimination final (which is a pretty good metaphor for the decade really with nothing going the way most fans would have liked.)

So there is plenty of drama in those ten years, but most of it is pretty ugly.

Reply #352843 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Tweet Tweet agree with that comment, it needs to be done.

Coopz has some footage of that ere, I made sure of it. Maybe if we get new management he might make it.

Reply #352847 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

*era, not ere.

Reply #352851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get the time to watch the dvd this arvo. It literally gave me goosebumps. What an exciting time it was for not just the 36ers but basketball in this country. The big thrill for me was being able to watch the quality imports from around the NBL. Amazing footage and hopefully in the near future basketball and in particular the 36ers can rise to those heights.

Reply #352879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 90's were the high point for the NBL when the standard was at it's greatest.

Reply #352885 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

is this available to be sent overseas?

Reply #352945 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Mine arrived today. Never got the 36ers online store to work for me, but I rang the office and they were most helpful. Look forward to checking it out.

Reply #353275 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Really enjoyed it, I guess mainly because it was the early 90's that marked when i started really following the team.

A review up on my blog

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/03/title-town-review.html

Reply #353866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754