Richard
Years ago

Referee performance

I hope the Cairns / Sydney game referee performance is reviewed by the NBL.

I haven't seen it like this in 10 years.

Topic #27819 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Am I correct in assuming it was of excellent, world class standard and you would like it reviewed so that all other refs can see what a fantastic job those guys did?

Reply #354695 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Am I allowed to say " other end of the scale " without breaking the rules of this forum?
(that's a question by the way)

Reply #354697 | Report this post

dave-blocknorth  
Years ago

They deserved a rousing ovation, almost immediately when the security guards helped them off the court.
An encore would have been fitting, given it was Ray Hunt's 947th game and best one of all of them.

More so for his call on an Adam Gibson 3, that was well and truly a 2. But thats just an oversight or so they will have us believe.

Reply #354701 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Hunt was in Adelaide

I'm talking about the game in Cairns.

And yes, security did follow them out.

Reply #354704 | Report this post

Cally  
Years ago

I and many others have to agree with you Richard. That was a truly poor performance by refs tonight at the Taipans v Kings game. When blatent incorrect calls are made, when playing against the SYDNEY KINGS, it is no wonder many many supporters believe the Kings are truly untouchable by the NBL.
I have previously written to the NBL stating that in the 11 years I have been a season ticket holder the standard of players has increased but the standard of refing has 'decreased', and this reflects badly on the NBL as a whole.
I believe the 3 guys in charge of tonights game should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, definately not be proud of the fact they are NBL refs, because their standard was just not there.
This season, especially, I have seen so many games lost or won by the refs decisions, therefore they are controlling who wins or not.
Coaches can't say it, players can't say it, officals can't say it, without reprisal - BUT the supporters of the games can .... the refs are so incorrect in this sport.

Reply #354706 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Who were the referees??sO I have a bit of an idea.

Reply #354708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide vs Gold Coast.... Horrible officiating, on par with ingle Farm Rec center

Reply #354717 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Lot of bad calls we have lost close games while hunt and shiels have done games in Adelaide

Reply #354738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Highlight of the Cairns game was when after Sydney had scored and Wilson was passing the ball to Crosswhite so he could inbounds it, it sailed along the baseline and landed out of bounds next to Crosswhite, and the ref called it a turnover.

Reply #354751 | Report this post

Maybe Anon 354751 you don't know the rules. However officials are human and will make mistakes....

And the coaches can say it, as long as it is to the League Referees Commissioner.

Our sport is no different to other sports where coaches are not permitted to vent their frustrations to the media without being penalised. ALA Rob Berridge the other week.

Reply #354797 | Report this post

Pallas 98  
Years ago

Maybe Interested Observer, you don't know the coaches...

Reply #354828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:00 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754