howdy
Years ago

Patty Mills stuck in Limbo? Or an Austin Toro?

Still nothing on the Spurs website on Patty Mills, there is in fact news on them signing the point guard from their D-League affiliate (Austin Toros) on a 10 day.
I suspect patty is going to replace him as the D-league point guard back up, back up. Gets so frustrating when people get so excited about rumours.
My bet, Patty Mills will be on the bench for the Austin Toros in the D-league.

Topic #27889 | Report this topic

howdy  
Years ago

I am not a Patty hater, I am a massive fan and will be happy for him if he does end up an Austin Toro. Im just tired of being told he is going to back up Tony Parker. Show me the news on the Spurs website, not a news/rumour site. Straight from the horses (or spurs) mouth. I know Patty has apparently facebooked the news, but this still doesn't make it a fact.

Reply #355778 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

he was on san antonio spurs box score yesterday but as 'inactive'. keep an eye out today.

Reply #355780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am pretty sure he is just having problems getting his working visa..... He is just waiting for the green light and he will be over here in a flash

Reply #355782 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

patty is just waiting on his visa, i talked to him last night he said it shouldn't be to much longer

Reply #355787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stress less and wait

Reply #355829 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Almost Zac Delany time. Spoons headin' to Title Town.....(for those of you who are old enough to remember the term)

Reply #355832 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Sorry wrong thread. I'm delirious.

Reply #355834 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

howdy - do some basic research if you are that interested in the topic. There are direct quotes from Popovich in regards to Mills. He is signed by the Spurs and expected to play immediately.

Popovich has expressed frustration that the visa issue has taken so long to resolve.

There's a difference between a rumour and credible reporting that includes direct quotes from the coach.

By the way - does this really deserve a new thread?

Reply #355869 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

The Box Score for the game against the Hornets shows Mills as Inactive. That indicates that he has been signed by the Spurs, but, as stated previously the visa issue is delaying his playing. Comments indicate that he will play as soon as cleared.

Reply #355929 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Today's box score for the game against the 76ers has Patty listed as playing

Reply #355930 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"I admit it: I thought this was the season that the Spurs, with such limited flexibility to change their team, could finally be written off. So naturally they've managed to strengthen a supporting cast that was already underrated by importing Jack, Diaw and Patty Mills ... moves that even have Tim Duncan talking big."
http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/13

Reply #356101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7743713/san-antonio-spurs-add-pg-patty-mills-spent-lockout-china

Reply #356297 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nice

Reply #356308 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

From the Spurs twitter feed about 1 hour ago:

spurs Everyone welcome the newest member of our Spurs family, @Patty_Mills! #GoSpursGo

Reply #356310 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754