Mick
Years ago

Mick Cedar exploring his options (leaving Crocs?)

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2012/04/21/324441_sport.html

Crocs did the right thing. He's not worth much to them at this point.

Topic #28137 | Report this topic

A.W  
Years ago

Cedar and Trevor Gleeson have the same manager, could Gleeson be the interested coach?

Reply #359247 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's not about money, but he's turned down a two-year deal. Hah. If I were the Crocs, I would not be breaking the bank for him.

Might have the same agent as Gleeson, but how strong is Gleeson's hold on that Melbourne job?

Reply #359260 | Report this post

Teapotzz  
Years ago

Gleeson will still be coach of Melbourne at least for next season. However, he will probably lose his right to choose the players now that Anstey is Basketball Operations Director or whatever his title is?! But having said that I think the Tigers will be Cedars first choice as him n Trev got along great when in Townsville and I can see Trev pushing for him to be a Tiger. All comes down to how much pull he now has with the board...

Reply #359261 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Unfortunately he doesn't have the same upside as he did as a teenager

-He's easily the slowest player in the league. Wade Helliwell could beat him up the court.
-For a pure shooter who does little else, he shoots the ball from the field and the three at a terrible clip.
-The worst defender in the league this side of CJ Bruton
-Only ever drives right, and shies away from contact when he does.

Where is the aggressive, high-flying, dunking machine that this kid was at age 18?

Reply #359282 | Report this post

moo moo  
Years ago

wouldnt be suprised to see him in cairns. we are looking to fill a shooting guard spot . might be a good fit. also we love taking crocs players when they dont want them.adds spice to the games..

Reply #359284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, your pov is a Townsville fan who developed unrealistic expectations. Those who have watched from a distance are not surprised he is just a good bench player, and there's nothing wrong with that, this is a tough league.

I think Gleeson giving him such a green light hurt his game in the long run. Fearne would be a good coach for him.

Reply #359292 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are Cairns going to offer him much more than the Crocs would though? Maybe a starting spot could do it?

Reply #359300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754