billo
Years ago

What time is game 3 on Tuesday?

Is game 3 on tonight? If so what time is it being shown here in SA? I thought I read Perth were getting it live but what about the rest of us? Looks like One is showing the GP till after midnight, I guess it's on after that?

My guide isn't listing it and I fear a more comprehensinve online search might reveal the winner.

Unless I've got my days wrong and it wasn't already played this afternoon?

Topic #28145 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Isn't it on Tuesday?

The Perth boys might have time to go to a dawn service before catching a flight back home

Reply #359375 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Tuesday night mate, 10:30pm on ONE

Reply #359377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live in Perth! :D

Reply #359378 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Thanks guys, not sure why I thought it was tonight!

Reply #359382 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Billo, the NBL needs those extra few days to decide what non-GF news it needs to pump out.

So far we've had a) CEO depart b) TV rights deal and c) no new teams announced. Some pretty major announcements in that lot, so why not further deflect attention from the most important on-court event of the season?

For the next inevitable announcement, I predict one (or maybe more!) of the following:

1) Player-coaches will be compulsory (aka the Heal Rule)

2) An NBL lockout. Why not? Get people talking about basketball some more.

3) NBL finals to be played across an entire month, to allow time for even more non-GF announcements

4) Tonny Jensen makes comeback (this would actually be awesome)

Reply #359389 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Bo Hamburger, Its not as though the mainstream media would replace these big non grand final stories with actual grand final stories anyway, so any media the NBL gets should be welcomed. Maybe the timing of these non gf stories is a delibrate attempt by the nbl to keep as much media interest as possible during the finals. I'm not sure if delaying these announcements until after the finals would make these stories important enough to publish when the season is over. The NBL barely gets enough media during the season, so why would there be any media at all regarding these announcements when the season is finished?

I do agree with your comment regarding no new teams - that one could have been delayed, but the CEO departure and TV rights stories needed to be announced now.

And on the game time, I realize it's tough to schedule, but I really wish the deciding game of the finals was not played on a weeknight. Even worse when it's 3:30pm Perth time during work hours for most people. Can't the NBL try and avoid this, and have the deciding game scheduled on a Sunday instead. They really lack the foresight to see this will inconvenience the WA fans when there's a 4 hour time difference between WA and NZ. This happens far too often...

Reply #359392 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I dunno, Wildcat Watcher. Would Demetriou get sacked in grand final week, or the AFL announce its TV rights deal? (Or Stern, and the NBA for that matter?)

It seems highly unprofessional to me; get that stuff sorted out between seasons. We'd all love the NBL to have more mainstream media attention but condensing all of that stuff into 2 weeks when there's an entire offseason to put stuff out is shortsighted by the NBL, IMO.

Reply #359459 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Sorry - Wildcat Fan!

Reply #359460 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Yeah I know and I agree too, but the NBL isnt the AFL or the NBA, and has virtually no weight in the media. So it makes a bit of sense to make these announcements now while the league is still relevant -even though the AFL or NBA would obviously never do that, or need to.

I was listening to the ABC broadcast on the way home from Game 2, and Alan Black - who calls Wildcats games on ABC now - was talking about the TV deal and Larry Senstock in amongst the GF talk. I guess if he didnt talk about those issues, then the show might have been wrapped up earlier.

Reply #359489 | Report this post

Masif Bona  
Years ago

Absolutely ridiculous scheduling, when I heard the first game was on a Thursday afternoon I thought they were joking. Then Perth on a Friday, ok that makes a little sense. Now if I want to see the game I have to be at home at 330pm? On a freaking Tuesday? What are these people on? What is wrong with a weekend when people aren't at work? Ch10 cretins can delay the F1 on a Sunday. It beggars belief, this stupidity.

Reply #359646 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754