BALLER#3
Years ago

Ng best 3 point shot in Australia?

Is it fair to say that Darren Ng has the best three point shot in the entire country?

Topic #28180 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply #359890 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Not if you count his 2nd to last game in adelaide this season he shot 3 airballs.

id rather oscar's as he can shoot over people, ng needs space to get his shot of but when he gets it off yes its pretty effective.

Reply #359896 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

He would be up there but I would say CJ is the best!!

Reply #359902 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

What about past players - Julius Hodge

Can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #359907 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In-game or not?

Reply #359909 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Clint Steindl is up there but he can't do much else

Reply #359910 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Purely as a open three point shooter he would surely be up there, after CJ?

Reply #359912 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

CJ
Peter Crawford
Oscar Foreman
James Harvey
Darryl Corletto
Ng
Adam Gibson

in no particular order a very capable of hurting teams from behind the arc if left alone. Bruton and Crawford would be my picks.

Reply #359917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL or? I think there would be some great challanges across the whole country!

Reply #359919 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Well, since you said "Country" and not "League", i'll say that Darryl Pearce is the best 3pt shooter. :P

Reply #359920 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers have 3rd 4th and 5th spot for 3point percentage.
Thomas Abercrombie's shot from outside has got pretty consistent this season with 43.4%, 145 attempts and 63 makes to along with his mid range pull up and his mad hops.

Reply #359923 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Shane 'The Hammer' Heal
Andrew 'The Crane' Gaze
Cal 'C.J.' Bruton
Craig 'Herbie' Herbert

Reply #359926 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Jacob Holmes shot 40.3 percent for the season.
DG shot 37.8%

Just saying

Reply #359927 | Report this post

Tassieballer  
Years ago

Yes he definately is when he is uncontested. I watched him make 20 in a row from deep before a practice game last year. He definately can shoot the rock when he has time to get set.

Reply #359934 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Damn, I meant Nathan Herbert....!

I do agree that Ng is a great shot from the arc when he has the time and a bit of space, but there are a few of these types out there...

3 point shooting under pressure, in tight games and when you are covered closely, now that is an art.

Reply #359945 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Although he didn't have the highest percentage, I think Brett Maher had an awesome ability to create a shot out of nothing and shoot under pressure.

Reply #359962 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

In game No
At a shootaround Maybe

I saw Boucher hit 8 in a row in warmups on onehd the other night for game 3.
They're professionals so they can all shoot. I've even hit 10 in a row a few times in warmups.
I'd take CJ over NG in a game any day.
If you wanna see AUTOMATIC in a shootaround

Go to YouTube and type Spencer Jennings

Don't know how he'd go with D on him but that's the most consistent shooting style I've ever seen

Reply #359970 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Would be good to see his % against 'good' defensive sides and 'poor' defensive sides.
Not sniping, just interested.

Reply #359972 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

If I could chose anyone to shoot 3's for my life it would be Darren Ng. Of course, if he failed there would always be a chance he could resuscitate me...

Reply #359990 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Reckon I'd take Ballinger on that.
Ng - when he's on , but has his off days. Carter shot about 40 , one day. As did Herbert.
Overall , out there , Ballinger I think.

Reply #359992 | Report this post

pete  
Years ago

just youtubed spencer jennings. Great stroke, but his release is so slow.

Darrens release is lightning quick. He hit 115 threes in 7 minutes at the sixers training year (3 balls, 2 rebounders). Which was about 30 more than anyone else.

Reply #360018 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Theres an 80yr old who can shoot free throws non stop...Just doesnt miss, Ng might be able to shoot well and quickly but he's not good enough at the rest of the game..much like you dont want an 80yr old free throw shooter on your team.

Reply #360032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon its me, I play D grade and I've hit 10 in a row in a warm-up and 7 in a game.

Reply #360033 | Report this post

Rog  
Years ago

Thankfully the thread isn't about Ng's overall game, it's about his 3 point shot. Which he's the best IMO.

If the thread was about free throw shooting I would say that that 80 year old was the best.

Reply #360038 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

"Go to YouTube and type Spencer Jennings

Don't know how he'd go with D on him but that's the most consistent shooting style I've ever seen"

Go to YouTube and type Drew Williamson

Good stroke and nails a gazillion in a row in training, but as soon as there is a defender within ... oh ... 7 metres of him ...

I rate Ng right up there. Forman too. Both very consistent shooters.
CJ seems to improve the more the shot matters.
PC seems to improve the less the shot matters. I'd probably put Corletto in the same category.
Holmes I have never been convinced by. I don't rate him in the same echelon, despite what his percentages say. Damian Martin shot an excellent percentage in 09/10 but was never convincing either, and that turned out to be a fluke season.

Reply #360041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drew Williamson does not miss in practice. However when the game starts he does...a lot

Reply #360232 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

bear - I'd take darryl "Iceman" Pearce ahead of all of those guys - especially with Mark Davis setting the screen

and you've left out pure shooters like Michael Johnson and Paul Stanley

Reply #360241 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

ng is definately worthy of being talked about in the top group of 3pt shooters.

mahers shooting was incredible. when things got tough he wanted the ball. the more pressure the better he got. there used to be alot of great shooters like that gaze maher etc that loved that and there arnt too many in the nbl right now that are consistantly demanding the ball when it gets tough and come through. cj the only one i rate and penney recently. the rest are hot and cold and mostly hot when there is no massive pressure.

Reply #360274 | Report this post

poo  
Years ago

australia sucks my bum

Reply #370119 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754