Hendo8888
Years ago

36ers auction of import uniforms

Probably noone was even aware, but the Sixers auctioned off Chris Warren's and Diamon Simpson's playing uniform from last season.
The auction finished half an hour ago and I won both for $150 each (stupidly cheap for a season worn uniform for 2 imports).
I only heard about it because the facebook page announced it back on April 26 with a single post. Then followed it up with a reminder last week about it.
I only remembered tonight because I set an alarm on my phone to remind myself. I sort of collect 36ers stuff, so was interested and didn't want to forget. When I opened the page tonight with 10 minutes to go in the auction, each item only had 1 bid of $100 which hadn't reached the reserve. I threw down the reserve of $150 expecting to be beaten, but wasn't.
They had the big heritage auction earlier in the season where there was a small amount of advertising and quite a few bids on every player's singlets. As a compare, only Wade Helliwell and Jan Warbout's singlets went for less. Even Daly's went for more.
Just thought I'd mention it. I'm cheering I got them so cheap, but it's disappointing it didn't get any advertising or interest.

Topic #28267 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they sent out a newsletter mentioning it too. I think the publicity was there, but maybe it was more an issue of interest.

Reply #361608 | Report this post

pooley  
Years ago

congratulations......I was looking at this but unfortunately it didn't state if the singlets were signed. Shame, it would of gone nice with my signed Chris Warren's Ole Miss College singlet.

Reply #361609 | Report this post

ever optimistic  
Years ago

any idea of what the coaching staff's jackets might go for next year ?

Reply #361612 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Also, just to note, Simpson's Away singlet was auctioned too, but the reserve wasn't met, so it didn't end up selling. Wonder what they will do with that one. I bid $125 on it just to see if the reserve was lower because you didn't get the shorts, but didn't want to go any higher. Once you add postage and the buyers premium, the price adds up a bit.

Reply #361613 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Don't think either import created that much buzz that the uniforms (even game worn) would be of high demand.

Reply #361621 | Report this post

ever optimistic  
Years ago

HAhhh... Right DJ - I see your point - so bugger all demand for the jackets then ?

Reply #361656 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Well done and I am glad you are happy.

I agree with DJ. Wihtout signatures I would question if anyone would pay that sort of coin for game woren singlet for one season imports when we finsihed last.

Reply #361758 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754