ME
Years ago

UNDER 14 NATIONALS

CAN ANYONE TELL ME
FROM EACH STATE IT IS THE TOP TWO TEAMS WHICH STATE GET A THIRD INVITATION.

Topic #28308 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOUD NOISES

Reply #362422 | Report this post

Tassieballer  
Years ago

THE HOME STATE

Reply #362430 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Do you mean how many teams from each state? Top 2 teams from Ash & Watson (Victorian Championship) and top Country team from Vic. So 5 teams all up from Vic.

Reply #362458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not correct Latrentis.

That is only the case when a Victorian team wins the year before. this year in the boys at least Vic Metro only have three automatic spots, country have 1. NSW Metro pick up the extra spot in boys due to Hills Hornets winning 2011 clubs.

as a result second from both pools will play off for the final position

Reply #362468 | Report this post

Go36ers  
Years ago

I noticed on the Victorian results this week that Bulleen lost again. Looks like they wont qualify for Nationals. Thats got to help the Eagles' chances!!

Reply #363251 | Report this post

???????  
Years ago

Can anyone who has gone to the nationals last year tell me whether all teams hand out small gift to each team as if so is it just small pins with your club name on it and how many game would you need to cater for

Reply #363391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Generally gifts are exchanges, yes. Up to the club what they take for their gift, but pins are pretty common & more than sufficient.

I can't remember if there are 7 or 8 games, and you'll need probably 15 per game to be safe (10 players + coaches/managers).

Reply #363400 | Report this post

thanks Anonymoius  
Years ago

Thanks for the answerabout the gifts is there any thing else that may be differnet than the melbourne classis or any other carnivals that we may need to do

Reply #363415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing else too much different, just that you don't play 3 games in a day so you have more time for the kids to kill.

Reply #363438 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

my daughter was given socks as a gift from sturt in 2007 and still wears them

Reply #363441 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

My boys both still have club badges clipped to their carry bags that they display proudly from stadium to stadium, it is a great tradition that is treated with respect and dignity by most of the players and officials, however some teams do tend to forget or just provide a poor quality item at times...

A lolly bag just doesn't cut it folks!

Reply #363798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if the Eagles are being considered a favorite for the Girls does it must mean we have a fairly strong group in this age group?

Reply #363808 | Report this post

Just aparent  
Years ago

In the u14 girls from Melbourne is the strongest team based on strong recruiting program and parents trophy hunting.

Hawthorn/Bulleen probably equal 2nd.

Be very suprprised if anyone can match it with Melbourne based on the recruiting a super team, however October is a long way away.

Reply #364501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just Aparent - Clearly you are 'just a parent' and dont know much about basketball. 8 girls in the Tigers team that you refer to have been at Tigers since bottom age 12's and even double bottom age. Shows how little you know. To make generalisations based on 1 player chosing to move to a quality program, shows just how ignorant you are. Maybe you should have called yourself 'Just Ignorant'.

Reply #368105 | Report this post

Just aparent  
Years ago

Fair Call Anonymous, the Tigers have only recruited 1 very good player to a very good program.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how Bulleen's u14 girls 2012 recruits can play without clearances? It is a genuine question, I assumed you would need a clearance to play for another rep team in the VJBL, the Classic, Nationals etc.

Reply #371719 | Report this post

Just aparent  
Years ago

*apologies, Bulleen girls did not make Nationals this year from VIC, it is Melbourne, Hawthorn, Dandenong & Knox. Won the Classic though and a big chance in VC.

Still interested in the clearance question though if anyone knows the answer?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3911-0-224806-0&a=CLEAR

Reply #371728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is a really good question Just aparent......... I think someone should be pointing this out to the VJBL. Clearly Bulleen have been playing with an ineligible player in every game this season.

Should they lose all their points for this?

Reply #372492 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Bulleen, playing without a clearance and the VBL board. Hmm something looks familiar in that scenario.

Reply #372501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754