celtic green
Years ago

Does Pat Riley need to shoulder some of the blame?

He quite frankly has put some pretty ordinary support players around the Heat (old guys well past their best). He has 3 of the fastest guys at their position and he can't find some people in the D league and overseas that can hit an open shot and still run the court? Does Pat Riley need to start shouldering some of the blame?

Topic #28354 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They won today in Indiana, without bosh. It's the playoffs, nothing comes easy. No blame to be had. That team is making an absolute fortune and winning alot more than they lose. Riley is a genius recruiter

Reply #363317 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Only person I could see managing those ego's, Phil Jackson

Reply #363319 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yes he does, but you may still see them go to back to back grand finals...

It's scary how good this team is with no offensive system and such a talentless roster. Relying on pure talent from the big 3, ugly basketball and defensive intensity.

Reply #363323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like the Tigers at the start of the season.

Reply #363324 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves with the criticism of the Heat. I'm no fan of them at all and their roster has obvious issues. But they fell down 1-2 in a playoff series and people are acting like the team’s sky fell in. Yahoo Sport even published a story arguing that the Heat’s model for success is doomed and the franchise should have followed the Spurs model.

Now all of that might end up being true, but they were only down 1-2. Teams come back from that and sure enough they’re back to 2-2 today.

The Heat are not my cup of tea. I much prefer watching a team with the more traditional 1 superstar, 1-2 borderline all-stars and 5-6 quality role players all playing team ball. But let’s see what happens with this team before getting too excited about revelling in their failures.

Reply #363326 | Report this post

Encased Heeding  
Years ago

Riley has long been one to reinvent teams and in turn their style of play! What they don't have is character players. They are talented but if the Big 3 blink no one else can stare down their opponent.

With what they have they should still topple the Pacers. But Thunder or Spurs, NO CHANCE!

Reply #363337 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

Pat Riley signed All-Star big man Chris Bosh and (at the time) the two time mvp of the league LeBron James and resigned D Wade

Since then:

-the heat have made the finals and lost
-Had those 3 make the all-star team two years straight
-Make the finals
-LeBron win MVP

The guy has done great for Miami, just need a good coach in the mix, I still think they will make the finals this year!

Reply #363578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754