Jack Toft
Years ago

R9 ABL Action - halfway

South - North @ Marion
Women: South opened their account last round against Sturt. I can only imagine what the celebrations were like, and hopefully the photos didn't make it to Facebook. Oh, they did..... Against North, well their game may go South.
Men: Based on performances against others, South look like they will go down by around 13, but both teams play significantly better at home, than away and so bearing that in mind, and with a top 5 spot within reach will the faithful turnup and provide South with momentum to get them over the line? If they do it would be an upset win, but worth a lazy $5 on the outside chance, but smart money would be on Norf.

West – East @ Port
Women: Westies women in a hole, Easties on a roll. Westies won’t win much if they shoot 1/19 per quarter. Eastern need to get a few wins to put pressure on the Bobsledders. C’mon West, you can take a hit for the greater good can't you?
Men: Fortunately for Westies, any window near the courts has been converted to Crimsafe. I’m still trying to work out if that is to keep unwanted visitors out, or in. Mav boys would be hoping that they were bars they could lube themselves up and squeeze through. Don’t drop the soap boys. This may be the week Westies crack the magical 80 point glass ceiling. Westies by 20.

Woodville – Sturt @ St Clair
Women: Sturt the easybeats? Woodville have nothing to lose and this can only mean bad news for the blue brigade who would be so far out of their comfort zone it would be like shark in a wading pool. Woodies need to exploit this, shoot well, take the holds and pushes, then believe in themselves if they want to claim a scalp. Oh, wouldn’t the facebook photos of the celebration be something . . .
Men: With Sturt on top of the table, it’s too easy to suck up to them and massage their ego by predicting an easy win. Yes, they have been playing well, but Woodville have the goods if they want it badly enough. My score predictor says a Sturt win, but Woodville, if you want chilli mud crab for dinner, you’ve got to grin and take a few nips.

Lions – Tigers – The Safari Cup @ Starplex.
Apparently the actual Safari Cup is lost, but last time I saw it was Morphett Vale Cashies.
Women: Lionesses were "due a loss" which can only mean pain for the Tigeresses. This 2 v 3 clash is the MOTR with both teams sharpening claws all week. On their home safari, Lions by single digits.
Men: While Tigers look set to lament another season, this should be another close game. The Carlinator is back and that can only mean good things for Lions fans. My score predictor says the Lions in the battle of the big cats by 3. Could be anyone’s game if things go right or wrong. At least there’s a good amount of home games for Tigers fans in the second half.

Eagles – Flames @ Wayville
Women: This is the game most punters have been waiting for….and it’s not the game Carla’s feet actually touch the court. No Eagle Rock tonight, Norwood by muchly. Can someone give the injured Kelsey an apple during warmup ?
Men: The Feagles have tested that third digit on the scoreboard three times so far this season. The forecast for Wayville this Saturday is for heavy showers of 3’s and plenty of second chance dunks. Get those mops ready. Could be worse for Norwood, just think of Assange and what's in store for him.

Topic #28411 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The way the Tigers mens team plays I think a lot if home games is a bad thing.

Guess we can watch the women and them go home to the footy!

Reply #364428 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

http://www.basketball.net.au/index.php?id=302&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2472&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=cf10c57575

im assuming this means that DJ and Mitch Creek are out for the next couple of games at least which means both of them would be having trouble qualifying for finals
are we going to have another carla borrego problem

Reply #364516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am sure their coaches would not play those games. West have had the opportunity earlier in the season as DJ has been at games but his name was not on the scoresheet. I don't think either coach will do that and have the confidence of their remaining players to get the job done!

Reply #364519 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Yeah but that was before qualifying became an issue!
My guess is both boys will be in uniform this weekend enjoying some apples on the bench!

Reply #364531 | Report this post

Titan  
Years ago

If they are legitimately injured they could get an exemption for those games.

Reply #364540 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Apple & Pear Growers Association Of S.A. Inc need to jump on board as the ABA sponsor

Reply #364544 | Report this post

Bylaws  
Years ago

Hope they have their hair up as well...

Reply #364574 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

cant you be credited 4 games towards qualifying if you are injured?

Reply #364592 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Why- Is Carla injured?

Reply #364596 | Report this post

another anon  
Years ago

That depends on the answer to the question.

Reply #364598 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

a question , if it's a truthful question
can be answered by asking it.

Reply #364601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

caught dandruff from an injured norwood player so the rumour goes

Reply #364605 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems their 36ers contracts didn't allow then to play , but now they're injured they qualify to play finals , if the 36ers want them to have a bitofa game.

Reply #364624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont believe Foley is playing so it may be closer than you think. Still can't see Norwood losing this one if they can shoot half decent.

Reply #364631 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Does Simon have a sick note from her mum?

Reply #364632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ and MC Turning down the boomers camp would say to me their injury's a legit at a guess

Reply #364635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can confirm DJ injury is legit. As mentioned above, qualifying shouldn't be an issue as he would be able apply for injury exemptions for previous games. DJ's been on the bench a few times for West in street clothes with no name on scoresheet.

He's missing Boomers camp due to the same injury.

Reply #364637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour is that Sharon read this forum, and cross Carla's name off the sheet this week... And you said Hoops.com.au did not have an effect on the world!!!

Reply #364654 | Report this post

Flame  
Years ago

Rumour is incorrect.

Reply #364657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flame = Eagles?

Reply #364661 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

NO Flame = Loss
Great game last night Eagles will be a strong team when Carla plays He He

Reply #364665 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Westies by 20? You mean Westies by 50!

Reply #364671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Norwood getting belted!? Awesome game great come back by the flames!!

Reply #364675 | Report this post

Flim flame man  
Years ago

Norwood last quarter men's was awesome. Top game guys keep it up.

Reply #364676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the fact norwood won last night does that mean they will loose next game? Crazy how things go sometimes...

Reply #364700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe lose not loose? Norwoods import looked solid!

Reply #364703 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I was at the South womens game and although they went down, which was to be expected, I must say, this group of so called nobodies, did themselves very proud. Well done Vicky on a great job with this group of girls.

Reply #364740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is happening with the Mavs men?

Reply #364827 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

poor guys look like theyre in for a winless season.

Reply #364917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs should have a new import by next game fingers crossed...

Reply #364928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not according to this bylaw they wont.

7.10 Any player who has played one ABA game in any one competition year may not transfer to another ABA team in that playing season, except that uncontested clearances may be permitted within sixty (60) days of the commencement of the ABA playing season, that is, the date of the first ABA game being played regardless of the league. The clearance request must be ratified by the relevant League Executive. For clearances between different leagues under this clause, approval must be given by the ABA National Chief executive.

Reply #364934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who says the import is currently in Australia

Reply #364937 | Report this post

Import  
Years ago

Well who is it then....

Reply #364939 | Report this post

Coach roach  
Years ago

And why has it taken an entire off season and 9 games to sign an import unless they are trying to get Ed Millard.

3 nbl players and a bucket full of cash last season wasn't enough to make the pay offs,

The rumour is that it is Ed but the bylaw will not allow it, if it is another American as you elude too then they must have all of the paperwork done very quickly in time for the season cut off .

Let's see if you are right

Reply #364950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ed was at the port watching the west vs eastern game last week???

Reply #365432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754