Anonymous
Years ago

NBL web site shifting from Sporting Pulse?

Apparently SportingPulse lost the NBL contract, and another business picked up all of their digital work - can't wait to see a better iPhone app!

Has anyone heard much else about this?

Topic #28425 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Thank god.

How about a mobile optimised version of the site?

How about a news/image scroll (ie. the main feature of the page) that actually responds to mouse clicks all the time on not just when it feels like it?

Video recaps of every game? Doesn't take much: there's footage of them all, there is no reason in this day and age why you can't get some univeristy kid to do it as work experience for free if you don't want to pay anyone.

Reply #364537 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Until our YouTube account was deleted (Because, YouTube said it breached NBL copyright!!!) I would put up game highlights within 24 hours of the game finishing. So there's NO excuse for highlights not to be uploaded within that time frame. If i can hack at Windows Movie Maker & Adobe Premier & produce something, surely they can...

The NBL sites these days are pretty horrible IMO. They don't excite me or entertain me at all. Hard to navigate, layout is average, lack of info (although that's prob more to do with the teams). You have some teams that make the most out what they're given, Like the Hawks. Then you have teams that just don't really care (or looks like it), like the 36ers.

Then you have game time pictures, they should be updated during the game like Yahoo NBA, or at very least, within an hour of the game finishing. I think last season they didn't upload pics until around round 12!!

Reply #364541 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

SportingPulse websites are the worst ones out there. Very happy to hear that the NBL will be going elsewhere. Let's hope every other sporting code leaves sporting pulse too

Reply #364550 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hurrah!

Reply #364556 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Yep thought they were crap too.

Reply #364575 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Now the question is... *dun dun dunnnn* those stats on the sportingpulse site, all the former season box scores, do they stay or do they disappear (again)???

Reply #364583 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And every URL in Wikipedia and so on...

Reply #364586 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Sporting Pulse was originally great but has got progressively slower and burdened with ads. Associations like Dandenong ran with another mob (can't recall the name) until recently that provided real time scores and complete player stats even for junior domestic. But now they are with Sporting Pulse and the offering is lame. VJBL uses SP and gives very limited information also.

The NBL sites are all out of the same box with those annoying main images that keep changing before I have reead the headline. Content is sanitised and you certainly don't go to any of them if you need fresh information. I think the majority of NBL sites were better when each club just did it's own thing.

Fan sites like this are almost always more current and apart from the nutters, make for a better read.

Reply #364589 | Report this post

Maxx  
Years ago

Yes the SportingPulse websites are crap, especially the free ones. I once counted the ads on ours and I think there were 20+ ads per page.

The bigger problem here is the infrastructure SportingPulse has built into the backend of the site which every sport/club is now dependent on.

Most associations are using the SP database for their members (recommendation from BA) and all the live stats software currently being used by most leagues is also provided by SP.

It would create pure mayhem if all clubs just started doing their own again, however a bit of planning would go a long way.

Reply #364610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754