Mr Black
Years ago

Tigers announce coaches: Anstey, D-Mac, Short

Most likely to officially announce Gleeson has been replaced by Anstey, with D Mac as assistant.

Topic #28434 | Report this topic

Baz  
Years ago

Wonder if he'll be able to confirm he's got the job or not?

Reply #364647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's hope the poxy new owners pay Gleeson his money owed.
Every chance that Gleeson might do a j)yce and send the club broke. I for one hope he doesif he doenst get his full entitlements.
Seamus is a saint compared to the Dodo dicks. In less than a few months the Tigers have become the worst run club and Anstey and Dmac are equally culpable.
Shame, shame, shame.

Reply #364648 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Gleeson should do a George Costanza and stay as long as he can until they up his payout to what he's owed.

Club has no grounds for dismissal, obviously, or it would have happened by now. He either gets his full payout or he stays. Only two ways about it.

Reply #364660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard Gleeson is taking the high road and accepting half of what's owed, I imagine he just wants to be out considering the treatment he's getting and the fact that they're trying to ruin his rep. And considering what his family went through last year with his wife's cancer, they probably didnt want to go through what Joyce has. Hopefully he sticks around and gets another NBL gig next year or else I imagine they'll head back stateside beings his wife is American.

Reply #364662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One year payout is about right, shame it took so long to reach the agreement.

Reply #364669 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Gleeson gets every cent owed. My families and friends membership will never be renewed. Thats about 50 of us. Anstey you are a snake and your mate Dmac is not much better. Tigers of old were strong and bold, tigers of new make me spew. Good luck Trev you are much better out of this rabble

Reply #364679 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Nate Tomlinson signed a 2 year contract with Tigers.

Reply #364699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Old news. Let's hope he gets well coached. Cough, cough.

Reply #364702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to Gleeson- shame he never had a chance down here with the old boys club. He was never going to succeed in an organisation that doesnt value hard work and decency. Any chance we'll see Gleeson in Adelaide year after next?

Reply #364704 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Herald Sun in Melbourne today reports that Tigers will announce Anstey as HC and D-Mac as Assistant Coach as suspected...

Reply #364727 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Tigers also moving back to Sandringham.

Reply #364730 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Poor call if true - surely after the Tigers last few years they need an experienced coach as does Sydney. Throwing Anstey and Heal in is good for the league but can they actually coach - both are unproven IMO. Coahing is a tough gig and I predict both the Melbourne and Sydney markets will turn on their inexperienced coaches. Good for Adelaide and the rest of the comp though.

Reply #364758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they dont need an experienced coach they need a good coach who can recruit a balanced team as a starting point.

Reply #364773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach of the year 5 years in the finals what more do the tigers fans want

Reply #364775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only recruited 4 players and they were good players good luck Trevor Tigers are a joke

Reply #364777 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Press conference in 15 minutes I think. I've updated the subject title based on newspaper speculation. Let's see if the conference is about what we all think it's about.

Reply #364779 | Report this post

Zoppy  
Years ago

Where could we listen to this or get an up to the minute report??

Reply #364782 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Is Chris Anstey still married to Linely Frame the olympic swimmer?

Reply #364783 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

Been divorced for a few years.

Reply #364784 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It's the NBL, Zoppy, unless someone is there tweeting, we're not gonna hear about it for a while...

that being said, anyone got Daniel Eade on the twitter? He might be there?

Reply #364785 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

strike that...

@NBL

It's official - @ChrisAnstey13 is new head coach of @MelbTigersHQ with D-Mac & Rohan Short as Asst Coaches

Now we wait for the spin that they put on it...

Reply #364786 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Zoppy, clubs generally don't stream press conferences. Melbourne haven't mentioned anything on Twitter about streaming it.

I think the Crocs might have streamed an announcement in the past? I'm sure there are some social streaming options clubs could try.

Looks pretty sombre!

Reply #364787 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

bought in by Trevor, would you stay if you were Short? at a club who mistreated your pal so badly?

as a boys club, why isn't Wazza involved? not sure if this make the circumstances that much better

Reply #364788 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Surprised many here are stitcking up for Gleeson.

From his time in Townsville I heard from many that he had an abrasive personality and wasn't a 'people' person at all. Kinda not surprised he was given the boot from Tigerland.

Reply #364789 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

MrbEn - abrasive personality.....'not a people' person....are you talking about the old coach or the incoming coach??

Reply #364790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorty looks very uncomfortable on the end there...

Reply #364792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr bEn. So the Tigers prefer coaches with a personality and thats why they hired Anstey?? Baaaaaaaaaaa good one!

Reply #364793 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mr bEn, any time Brendan J has called me, it's to make legal threats, but I still think he had every right to pursue the Blaze for breaking his contract.

Similar case here I suspect.

Reply #364795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back stabbing Antey and DMac. Anstey denying he didn't know anything is ludicrous.
Watch your back Shortie.

Reply #364802 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Mr bEn name your source at townesville. Cause I worked there with Trevor and he was anything but abrasive. You sure your name is not MR Chris? If this is you Anstey I hope you have a shit season. Tigers are gone already.

The reason SHorty is staying is cause he has to work. Newly married etc. I would imagine Trevor told him to stay. Now thats class and not abrasive.

Reply #364805 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Not one mention of this announcement on the herald sun, age or fox sports.
Basketball in this country is dead as a dodo and Anstey just delivered the last rites by showing no class no guts and nothing but self promotion. Just like his weak ass played!!!

Reply #364808 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

on a side note, seems like they have settled legit on that terrible looking logo

Reply #364809 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Maybe Trev could apply for the Director of Basketball position recently vacated by Anstey???

Reply #364810 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Short is probably only there because they don't want to pay him out as well.

I wish him all the best though, definetley head coach calibure in the future.

Reply #364811 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

Anstey will prob still hold the other position and therefore supplement his coaching income. Also his mentoring business is also involved with the Tigers.
If the Tigers could just raise a bit of extra cash, they could sign up Wortho who must be wishing he was in Melbourne now under direction of good mate CA and in his owned house. Could surely be legally released from his contract at the Blaze? Could Tigers justify a $225-$250k player?
Best wishes to Trevor and family for a speedy recovery from these very disappointing times.
It's a poop of an unethical sport to be involved in.
To easy to be screwed over.

Reply #364819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

meh - tigers will be bottom 2 this year

Reply #364826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

waiting for it goes off and seeing drewey spin it.

Reply #364841 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Will be in competition with the Blaze and the Gong for the wooden spoon.

Reply #364846 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Wait I take that back. I forgot about Sydney.

Sydney or Melbourne for wooden spoon? Take your pick.

Reply #364847 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Lucky for the Tigers this 2nd Melbourne team isn't happening anytime soon. Would of just been the final straw!

Reply #364854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Ahe have an article on the change of coach.
It appears to me that the new owners simply didn't like the way Gleeson carried himself.

He has a style that we felt is not one that we would be comfortable with long term and, for us, this is all about building a club that will be, with its pedigree, a winning club. His vision did not match ours.

'‘He has a style that has worked very well for him, the way he goes about business, and it's different to ours. Any new employer that takes over any business, you have a look at who you have, and it does not mean that one works or the other one doesn’t, it’s just different.’’
Maybe the owners will be happy with the lethargic, lazy and way too casual days of training sessions with Anstey and Dmac, that they will now impose on the team as coaches.
Let's hope Tomlinson doesn't fall for their soft ways.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/new-coach-anstey-vows-tigers-will-challenge-20120604-1zrnf.html

Reply #364864 | Report this post

Jou  
Years ago

What disgrace. Tigers treatment to Gleeson and his family. Good luck

Reply #364866 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Dogs!!!

Reply #364880 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"Coach of the year 5 years in the finals what more do the tigers fans want" - anon

I don't know, I suppose make the playoffs?

The reaction here is a bit extreme, really. Coaches come and go all the time. Coaches get sacked all the time.

The Tigers simply didn't want Gleeson there anymore. The issue was handled poorly, but the ultimate payout seems reasonable.

It just shouldn't have taken this long to settle. They shouldn't have needed to appoint a Director of Basketball aka standby coach. But if they were sure about Gleeson's services not being wanted anymore, and there were legal issues to sort out with his contract, how else could they recruit? It is better for the preferred incoming coach to recruit than let the owners do it. As much as Anstey is unlikable, it's only fair to acknowledge that he was put in a very awkward situation.

Reply #364887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is that Short was actually instrumental in the downfall of Gleeson working his downfall behind the scenes.

Reply #364892 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I think there are a lot of people being rather precious in coming out in support of Gleeson here.

He is a coach. Coaches get sacked. It goes with the territory. You often don't need an excuse to justify the sacking because the coach can be blamed for everything that ever happens at a club. That is just the way it is.

Gleeson was/is entitled to get paid out for a portion of his contract. It sounds like that has now been agreed for this announcement to be made.

It is not like Gleeson is unemployable for the next two years. Having a contract broken doesn't entitle you to sit on your arse for the rest of your contract period and just keep getting payments. I am sure he can fight his own battles without a battalion of bloggers calling out the Tigers.

The biggest problem appears to be the failure by the Tigers to come out at the start and say: 'We have decided to go in a different direction with our coaching staff. We thank Trevor for his time with us, and wish him best for the future.' If that was the case, people might complain, but they would get on with it.

Make up your own minds about how this all reflects on the Tigers' organisation (clearly, it should have been handled MUCH better). But sport is a business. Ask any coach in the AFL how secure they feel they are on their multi-year deals.

A lot of posters on here seem to be taking it all a little personally in blasting the incoming coaches. I would take the job if it was a foot in the door to a head coaching gig - who wouldn't?

Reply #364893 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

XY i have no problem with being sacked. being sacked is part of life. But how about your employer coming out and saying you are being investigated which alludes to a wrong doing. Then come out and say

'‘The investigation as such was into whether we felt that Trevor would be someone that would lead the club in a coaching role for many more years to come, not a question of one year or multiple years,'’ he said.

I don’t believe there were any breaches as such. I think it was a question of investigating every aspect of his tenure here. We went through the same process with all staff,’’

Is crap and we all know it. Trevor Gleeson may not be a good coach i don't know but he deserves better than this. They wanted Gleeson to jump and he called their bluff simple.

Reply #364900 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Wasn't the rumour that Gleeson was on $150k/season. So about $300k for less than 12 months work. Regardless, double income is a nice outcome for him. Gleeson won. No need to feel so sorry for him.

I've heard conflicting stories about why Trigger and Dillon left. I heard that Dillon liked Gleeson's coaching style and thought the Tigers management treated him poorly, while many have commented about the way Trigger and Gleeson didn't get along. The Tigers management made blunders in dealing with this issue, but Gleeson hardly comes across as faultless himself.

Tigers and Gleeson seemed like a combination that pleased neither party. Let's see what McAnstey can do now.

Reply #364940 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

You can disagree with his style, but there is no grounds for saying Trevor is at fault for anything. He had a flawed roster and he finished about where I would have expected him to finish with that team.

As a Townsville fan, I am happier with Woolpert, but there is no dimension in which Gleeson is not a better a coach than D-Mac & Anstey.

And as for the comment that Short was acting behind the scenes trying to oust Gleeson? Absolute rubbish.

Reply #364944 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

So if the tigers are sitting near the bottom by the middle of the season, will the owners have the cojones to sack Anstey as well?

Reply #364949 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@ hoopie:

Don't you mean "WHEN", not "IF"...?

Reply #364952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@rjd: Gleeson won? Coaches do it for the love of coaching not for the paycheck. If he was really in it for the money, he wouldn't have taken a deal. He signed a 3 year deal and although may have received 2 year pay for 1 year work, he was entitled to 3. He was just sick of putting up with their shit and didn't want to put his family through the stress of court. This kind of thing happens in sport often, but the difference is that other organisations handle it quietly, pay the coach what he's owed, and they both move on. I heard Gleeson interviewed on SEN this morning and he actually wished Anstey and the Tigers well. He spoke very well. Much too classy and professional for that organisation. He made mention of either heading back to the US (his wife is from there) and possibility throwing his hat in for the other Melbourne club. Either way, good luck to him. No one can dispute the fact that he's clearly a great coach, seems to be a good guy and probably won't have trouble finding another gig.

Reply #364953 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

One glance across at Brendan Joyce would definitely have influenced both coach and club about how they proceeded.This way, Trevor can make a "good luck Tigers" statement to the press and move on. It's a legal as it can be, unlike the GC saga.

There was so much talk from players about how sla.a.a.ack the training was under Westover and then it was s.o.o.o.o tuff under Gleeson. Just like the three bears!

Reply #364957 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Trigger, who I understand was one of the whingers, has pretty much only ever played for soft "players'" coaches: Stacker, Wright, Westover. No wonder Gleeson was too hard for him.

Can't wait to see what happens when Fearne makes his flabby ass actually run and play defense in Cairns.

Don't see it working...

Reply #364969 | Report this post

Shaun  
Years ago

Like their crappy rip off ISP another dodgy deal by Tigers owners

Reply #364977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick - TOTALLY agree with you about Short - absolute rubbish that he had anything to do with this!

Reply #364981 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Look guys, here's the bottom line..

Coaches & players clash. It happens in every sport. Some players are able to get coaches fired and vice versa. Players AND coaches get multi year deals and some are broken before the deal can run out. This is no different.

Trevor got paid out (not full, but a % of what he was owed), so he goes into his next coaching position already infront. He wins.

Tigers get two NBL legends to head the team. (whether they can coach or not remains to be seen, like any rookie coach). They are a little of pocket, but still.. They also get a win.

The common perception here is because of the timing of each announcement, Anstey got a position in the club then got rid of Trevor so he could coach. I can assure you this was not the case. Trevor was gone as soon as the season ended.. If you read this forum, you would of seen a few posts by "Anonymous" users about the situation after the season ended.. A lot of them were pretty spot on.

Reply #364985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tragadh won't have any idea what he's in for. A whinger, soft and as someone else said, he has only played for soft coaches.Play defence, that won't happen.

Reply #364988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Natwhereyouat: Re "The common perception here is because of the timing of each announcement, Anstey got a position in the club then got rid of Trevor so he could coach. I can assure you this was not the case. Trevor was gone as soon as the season ended."

You are right. Trevor was gone as soon as the season ended. Actually before that--as soon as Dodo's took over. You can't honestly think Anstey only was offered the job last Friday as he states in the press conference? C'mon. And he didn't get rid of Trevor, obviously, but don't be kidded into thinking he wasn't fully aware of the way it was going to happen BEFORE he accepted the "director" gig. Anybody with any integrity would've said "No worries..happy to be your coach, would love to but do the right thing and get rid of Gleeson first". No one is disagreeing with the fact this happens in sport all the time. But, the way this was handled is an absolute disgrace.

Reply #364989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homocide on his way to Australia according to his twitter. Trigger commented something about hope you end up with a contract. Back to the tigers?

Reply #364999 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Isn't Homicide just coming here for some three-on-three competition in Geelong, or has that already been and gone?

Reply #365008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers you are a disgrace the way you have handle this bring on the new Melbourne team

Reply #365014 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yeah Homicide is in town for the 3x3.. Wouldn't rule out at least a try out. He tweeted to a Tigers employee about visiting their new office. Dmac is a fan, so who knows. Tigers could really use a well known player like Corey IMO

Reply #365024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea Corey would be atleast as good/probably better than any of the imports they had last year. Having played for D-mac before may also help.

Reply #365029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corletto said Lemanis' training was much tougher than GLeeson's FWIW.

Reply #365031 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

" Anybody with any integrity would've said "No worries..happy to be your coach, would love to but do the right thing and get rid of Gleeson first"."

I have no doubt that Anstey is quite hard-nosed and perhaps not so scrupulous, but you are being way too tough on Anstey.

Clearly Anstey's public stance is so that he isn't seen to be a part of a plot for the demise of Gleeson, which he probably wasn't; Anstey was just the next in line for the job. If the Tigers were clearly going to oust Gleeson, and you had been approached to be next in line for the job, would you prefer to be waiting on the sidelines while the most important recruiting period slipped by? No, you'd want to be actively recruiting for your own roster. Hence, the Director of Basketball position was created. FFS, surely Gleeson knew he was gone too, off on holiday during this crucial recruiting period. But you'd prefer Anstey show integrity by accepting an ABA-type roster?

Reply #365033 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

Hear that about Lemanis. Corletto didn't get to really train within Gleeson's programme.

Reply #365034 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Depending on the balance of the rest of the roster, it'd be great to see Homicide back at the Tigers. If not at the Tigers, then elsewhere in the NBL. The NBL needs more personalities.

Reply #365037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@rjd: Re "Gleeson knew he was gone too, off on holiday during this crucial recruiting period.".mate, he was directed from his legal team to take his holiday because the dodo's were looking for a reason to sack him without paying. By going on holiday, he couldn't give them a reason to do that. He stated to one media source, can't recall where I saw it, that it was his first holiday in 6 years so obviously he's not the sort to flitter about while his job is being done by someone else.
I'm certainly not having an argument here. Just stating the facts. Anstey knew full well the situation at the Tigers and chose to take the role. He played the dumb card for the past 2 months, pretending not to know what was going on when it was clear for everyone to see. That, IMO, is a very classless thing to do. Self promotion at it's finest. He should've done the right thing and told them to clean up their mess BEFORE he would sign on the dotted line. It is what is, however, and I for one think it's a match made in heaven.

Reply #365040 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

That is as I said, off on holiday because he knew he was gone. I'm not being critical of Gleeson for that. Although surely if he had any real intention of staying on, he'd be staying for the recruiting process or at least contacting Anstey (if it is true, as Anstey quoted, that they hadn't been in contact). By that stage there must have already been a lot of tension between Gleeson and the club. It seems that long ago it was clear that Gleeson's role with the club would not continue.

I don't know if it is entirely reasonable to expect Anstey to wait until an official settlement had been reached. Waiting for what appeared to be purely legal negotiations for Gleeson's release would have put him at a significant recruitment disadvantage in his first major coaching role. When you get to that situation with lawyers negotiating, it's hard to know how long that will take. How long would you expect the incoming coach, or the club, to wait before they sent in the incoming coach to do some actual recruiting?

Reply #365049 | Report this post

Gleeson fan  
Years ago

@rjd: I was told by Trevor himself about a month or so ago that he was directed by Dodo to forward any recruiting opportunities straight to Michael Slepoy. I contacted him regarding a player and that's what I was told. Knowing that, I'm sure he was also told not to contact Anstey. And let's be real, it should've been Anstey contacting Gleeson if anyone were to contact anyone. One could assume that the Dir. of Basketball would be to liase with the head coach to discuss recruiting. Obviously they didn't want Gleeson there. What was the guy to do? Pretty low to attack him in any way for how he's handled this. Clearly he was being treated terribly (we can all see that from the media when we read between the lines), they were looking for an excuse to sack him without pay, they tried some bogus investigation that backfired and now it is what it is. If I put myself in his shoes, I can't say I could've acted with that professionalism.

Reply #365054 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Thanks, that helps explain things further. I'm not taking sides -- just stating the I see it based on reports and trying to read between the lines.

That does reflect poorly on the Tigers. The public statements by the club that Gleeson was still coach etc. were clearly BS. With Anstey not making contact with Gleeson, he either knew Gleeson was gone, was instructed to not involve him, or both. Given what the owners had stated, Anstey could hardly come out and say "I will be the new coach". Regardless, despite a very poorly managed process, the outcome seems to be fair. It's a shame because I think everyone involved has had their image tainted throughout this debacle.

Reply #365057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rjd, I can't see what Gleeson's done wrong at all. This should reflect far more on the lack of professionalism of the Tigers (yet again).

They obviously tried to do a Blaze on Joyce type thing and the contract proved too tight so had to see him off with pay of 1 of the 2 years remaining on his contract.

Both the Tigers & the Blaze before them come out looking pretty bad trying to sack coaches with multiple years remaining on their respective deals (Gleeson 1 year into 3 year deal, Joyce 2 years into 4 year deal).

Reply #365060 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

rjd, how could he have had "any real intention of staying on" when he was told straight up that they wouldn't be continuing with him? Not really his choice to stay on or not. From that point on, all they're doing is negotiating the payout.

Anstey was clearly the coach going forward and any recruiting and so on would've been going through him.

Tigers' management made it the mess it was IMO, saying he was out, then being ambiguous later ('he could still be the coach', etc). Sounds like their negotiating tactics probably cost them some amount of goodwill in the end.

Reply #365064 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Obviously Gleeson and the Club have come to a confidential agreement, but why should he have to accept even one cent less that what his contract specified? What is there to negotiate?

Reply #365068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask Joyce, he'll tell you exactly why.

Reply #365069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he just didn't want to put his family through the stress of court so took the best he could get. His wife had cancer last year so am sure they just wanted some peace.

Reply #365070 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Yeah, that seems to be the case, Isaac.

By the way, in case you were wondering, the tainted image I was referring to with regards to Gleeson comes not only from the media insinuations (Gleeson "investigated"), but also from the season: the Tradardh-Gleeson conflict (resulting in Tragardh being a shadow of his early season self), his unnecessarily acrimonious parting of ways with Corletto, the general poor results (obviously influenced by the club's mid-season implosion), and the simple fact that he has been fired.

Gleeson should have no problem finding future employment as a coach, albeit probably not in the NBL this season, but to say that Gleeson comes out of his Tigers experience without any damage to his reputation is sadly not the case.

Reply #365072 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Anyway, enough about Gleeson. To return to topic, does anyone believe that Anstey will make a head good coach?

Based from the few quotes so far, he appears to be following advice from Goorjian. He has lots of experience in Euroleague, NBA, international ball and of course NBL, has been a winner throughout his playing career with lots of team success in Europe and Australia, and has played under some well respected coaches. A lot will depend of the roster that he can assemble, which is yet to look very impressive.

The track record of recently retired former NBL stars in their rookie season as coach seems to be not too bad, at least based on the few that I can recall. Heal player-coached his Dragons to the playoffs (before a second season slump); D-Mac did alright considering he had no preparation and lost Nevill and an import; Smyth led the 36ers to back-to-back titles. Any other examples?

Reply #365078 | Report this post

D-Mac and Short are both great coaches so the new Head Coach has excellent support . Lucky for the Tigers that both decided to stay in Melbourne because there have certainly been interest from other clubs.

Reply #365083 | Report this post

D-Mac and Short are both great coaches so the new Head Coach has excellent support . Lucky for the Tigers that both decided to stay in Melbourne because there have certainly been interest from other clubs.

Reply #365084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's hope Homocide sighs with the Tigers.
First nail in the Anstey coffin.

Reply #365115 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Not Homicide, PLEASE!

A selfish guard who takes risky outside shots and can't pass or defend is the last thing we need.

What's the use of building a talented sqwuad if they don't get the ball in a good position?

Reply #365126 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754