LC
Years ago

YouYi Games: Game 3 Thread

Game 3 is tonight...the Boomers attempt to sweep an almost full strength Chinese team with their Head Coach now on deck...

Coach Brown arrives in Perth ahead of YouYi Games closer

I'd still like to see more of Broekhoff and a chance to see if he can offer soemthing to this year's Boomers team.

I also want to see someone like PC, Delly, Baynes and even Barlow put their hands up and say "I deserve a spot on the London team..."

Here's hoping the Boomers show a bit more consistency and an ability to start hitting some open looks!

Topic #28497 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Game is being broadcast on Fox Sports, 8pm local Perth time, 9:30am in Adelaide and 10pm in Melbourne.

Is this game also being broadcast online again?

Reply #365925 | Report this post

Alexkrad  
Years ago

Those times aren't that far off live so better to watch it on tv instead?

Reply #365927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is live.

Reply #365928 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Yeah you are correct is it live

also:

Games One and Three will also be broadcast live on-line via iiNet's Freezone. Fans can access the Freezone by clicking on http://freezone.iinet.net.au/channels/freezone/sport/boomers-basketball.

Reply #365932 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

*it is

not is it

haha my bad

Reply #365933 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

On my Foxtel planner its says the game on tonight at 10pm is Game Two at Albany?

Reply #366023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game on tonight is Game 3 in Perth with the live stream starting at 9:30pm.

Reply #366028 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Yeah I know game 3 is on tonight, that is why i am wondering whether Foxtel is wrong and they actually mean game 3 will be televised tonight from 10pm or are they putting Game 2 on instead..but either case it clearly states on Foxsports 3 planner game 2 in Albany that is on at 10pm.

Reply #366033 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

The game on TV tonight will be game 3. Game 2 was not broadcast anywhere.

Reply #366038 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

thanks fstos

Reply #366040 | Report this post

bballmate  
Years ago

hey guys what is the link for live stats for game 3 tonight please?

Reply #366047 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Anyone else having trouble accessing the iinet stream? I can't get it to load the link :-(

Reply #366054 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Yes Beantown i cannot access the link, shes being a bitch! And for some reason i dont think its too much traffic...

Reply #366055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep no working for me either

Reply #366056 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

any links to livestats?

Reply #366058 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Fark me its frustrating being a basketball fan in this country! GIVE ME A LINK THAT WORKS YA BASTARDS!

Reply #366059 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Boomers down 13-20 thus far according to livestats.
Baynes with 6 early points. Turnovers galore with 9 between the two teams already!

Reply #366061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ f oath^^

Reply #366062 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Post a link pls Beantown.

Reply #366064 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I can get the iiNet Freezone link up now but it seems to be hinting that I need to be an iiNet customer to access Freezone. Didn't seem to be a problem last time. I don't suppose anyone here is an iiNet customer? If so, can you get it working?

Reply #366065 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

FIBA livestats is what I'm using for the stats

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/13/05/65/22/465awNYeHJ9Bo/

Reply #366068 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Boomers shooting an impressive 60% from the field. Well, so long as you don't add the 0 fer 5 3 pt shooting to the equation!

Reply #366070 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

iinet Freezone is not working for me today unlike for game 1 - sucks bad...

Reply #366071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep, the whole freezone seems to have crashed. Oh well, early night.

Reply #366073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly 0/4, Gibbo 0/3, PC 0/1, Damo 0/1 - ouch!

Reply #366074 | Report this post

Sircreate  
Years ago

Lol Chinese coach ejected

Reply #366075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone got a stream of the game?

Reply #366076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson scores 8 straight points and the Boomers are in front! 30-28, 3 minutes to 1/2 time.

Reply #366077 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sircreate - you CANNOT be serious! Can you?

Reply #366078 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Yeah he's been screaming at the refs all game, he got a T, kept screaming and you can clearly see him telling the ref to f*&^ off and then he gets ejected.

Its 28 to 21, Gibson hits all 4 tech free throws, then his 2 free throws, then hits a 3 followed by a 3 from Kicket

Reply #366079 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice turnaround Boomers! Dell has 5 ast and 2 stl thus far, but still struggling with his shot at 0/4.

Kickert finally making shots 4/4 from the field, including a three.

Did Gibbo get fouled shooting a three or something? Has shot 5/6 FTs!

Reply #366080 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

LOL, nice one coach. Chalk one up to the ANZUS treaty!

Reply #366081 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Gibbo was the beneficiary of the two techincals in a row so he shot 5/6 in a hurry!

I think Matty D has been really impressive. I've never seen him that quick. Also well done to Kickert finally showing a bit.

Reply #366082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice one beantown!!

Reply #366083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its now working for me on mobile not on my laptop

Reply #366084 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

I've never seen a coach so jacked before. Serious dose of the angry pills

Reply #366085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just tried the iinet stream again, still dead.

Reply #366086 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Yeah Delly was pushing things alot more in the second quarter which you could lay his two turnovers too, and his shots havent been too bad, a couple were in and out.

I think you can pretty well lock him into London, its obvious since whenever he's in the balls always in his hands.. and if your not to familiar with Delly he's not really even playing that well for him as far as Im concerned, I just wish he wasnt such a streaky shooter at times.

Reply #366087 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good to hear that Dell is playing with some speed and has still picked up the 5 assists and 2 steals. I've thought since his performances last year he should be the starting PG. The only thing of real concern is his shooting, but if he is running the offence effectively and playing solid D then we can live with average shooting. We just need guys like Newley, Ingles, Crawford and Andersen to step up their shooting instead.

Reply #366089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats with this live stream?!?!?!

Reply #366090 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Looking good, Boomers have broken the game open this quarter. Now lead 55-39 with under 3 mins left in the 3rd.

Dell has finally hit a couple of threes and some FTs too. Also up to 7 assists now.

Reply #366091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

technically is a dead stream!

Reply #366092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats with the live stream? this is crap

Reply #366093 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Khazzouh with a big quarter as well. Now leading the Boomers in scoring with 12 pts. 4/5 FG and 4/4 FT.

Reply #366094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

khazzouh dominating

Reply #366095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Brown

give Greenwood & Broekhoff a go!?!?!?!?

Please

Reply #366096 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Yeah I concur

Reply #366098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on the upside, the boom,eers are finally dominating a team they should always dominate

Reply #366099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goodwork freezone you fucken twats

Reply #366100 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

So many Wangs so little time!

Reply #366102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

49-20 since Donewald got tossed!

Reply #366103 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Greenwood has a cool look. Here we go they get a go finally!

Reply #366104 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Kickert 8/8fg 20pts.. finally playing a good game for the Boomers

Reply #366106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Backcourt 4/23, frontcourt 22/39 even counting Wortho's 1/9.

Reply #366107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... but backcourt 16 assists to 5 turnovers.

Reply #366108 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Been a great 24hrs of sports.. first Socceroo's escape with a draw after getting absolutely screwed when a player gets a red card.. then NSW beats those wankers QLD in SoS2 and now the Boomers finally play a decent game and dominate China.

Reply #366109 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice shooting from Kickert! Would have been nice to actually SEE his game but perhaps this is the kind of performance Brown has been waiting for?

Good to see Khazzouh also get his offensive game going. I'd like to see him get some more opps v stronger opposition before the Olympics because I think he is a natural scorer and that is something we don't have a lot of!

Nice to see 8 assists next to Dell's name as well. Its not often you see a Boomer with that many assists in an intl game.

All in all, good to see our team finally blow out the Chinese the way they should have done from game 1.

Reply #366111 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice shooting from Kickert! Would have been nice to actually SEE his game but perhaps this is the kind of performance Brown has been waiting for?

Good to see Khazzouh also get his offensive game going. I'd like to see him get some more opps v stronger opposition before the Olympics because I think he is a natural scorer and that is something we don't have a lot of!

Nice to see 8 assists next to Dell's name as well. Its not often you see a Boomer with that many assists in an intl game.

All in all, good to see our team finally blow out the Chinese the way they should have done from game 1.

Reply #366113 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

They archived game 1 on the iinet link, you'll prob be able to watch a replay of the game 3 within the next day or two when they archive it.

Reply #366114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well I am hoping that the site features a delay version of the game... we deserve atleast that much... there 'live' stream tonight was absolutely woeful

Reply #366115 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Do we know much more than we did at the start of the series? All the players vying for the last few spots sort of had one decent game each.
I guess only Martin is the exception to that with 3 ordinary performances and he looks to be out of contention now.
JK and Kickert dominated the scoring in this game but are both long shots to make it.

Reply #366116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nup, no clearer, except Crawford has probably moved ahead of Martin. The only other question is Baynes or Jawai?

Maric, Andersen, Nielsen, Worthington, Barlow, Newley, Ingles, Gibson, Dellavedova and Mills are all in.

Reply #366118 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Khazzouh showed his scoring ability, iq and soft touch around the hoop something that barnes hasn't yet shown much of

Reply #366120 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

above post read barnes as Baynes..that coach was hilarious it was like he was playing "Angry coach" in a Sandler film..everything was the refs fault.

good game from Delly and Khazzouh, also kickert played well but would probably get owned against tougher opponents

Reply #366122 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

So Barlow played in only 1 out of the 3 games?

Reply #366123 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I was at the game and I don't think Barlow was even there tonight?

Better game by the boomers than Saturday.

Delly definitely looks like a lock for London.

Reply #366127 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Now that I recall, the commentators mentioned that Barlow's baby was born on Friday, so he was probably allowed time off.

Reply #366128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watchin the game right now, much higher standard then the first, australia playing very well and seem to have found there roles and identity... feelin way more optomistic at the moment abnout the team.

Reply #366129 | Report this post

Des  
Years ago

Yeah Martin showed zip all series. Delly was running the show and Gibson had a pass to jack it, scored well. They both looked comfortable and played like they were locks.

Baynes got in early foul trouble last night trying to stay with Wang Zhi Zhi, Wang turned him inside out a couple if times with a few nice moves... So limited action for him early, then we got well ahead game over feet up

Kickert just sets high screens on offense then looks to pop to out to perimeter and jack it. He isn't a banging big, hard to see him going further even after hitting 20 pts under brown. It wasn't an x factor/ bolter performance... Not sure who that could be if anyone from this series. I'd hoped to see mire of Broekhoff even though I never thought it would be him to get last spot

Agree with anon about the locks few comments back, but add Maric, he gets a invite no worry, him and baynes are your muscle who rebound. I bet Neilsen also gets the 11/12 spot on bench also, team guy with experience and part of the furniture by now, even though I think he's obviously past it

Links rarely work, hate them, every now and then pay tv comes in useful

Reply #366132 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

As much as I like Baynes work ethic and rebounding strength he just seems to miss so many easy shots inside..if the boomers go cold outside like they have shown having a big inside that can get a couple of quick ones is vital and Baynes hasn't been able to do that

Reply #366160 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Maric I think is a better inside finisher than Baynes, and so too is Jawai.

Interestingly, the best finisher for mine who is available is AJ Ogilvy, however he lacks rebounding and is not as strong defensively.

Reply #366162 | Report this post

Des  
Years ago

Do we know if AJ will show and compete for a spot? we are assuming Jawai will but not popular with Brown? Both maybe turning out against Greek c team that's showing to get smashed by a boomers side that should be stronger than current group. Doubt brown can afford or would want to put another younger fringe group on the floor to help selection process....

Reply #366167 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

AJ will be at camp - he only finished up with Valencia last week. It will be interesting to see how he fits into the mix. Kickert and Khazzouh highlighted last night just how valuable a good finisher can be in the frontcourt, and would definitely have given Brown something to think about. AJ gives you a different look coming off the bench, as opposed to more of the same if we go with both Baynes and Jawai. That's assuming Brown is going to take another big. Traditionally he's always run with a four-man rotation with the bigs, with Wortho getting some spot minutes as the 'fifth' big.

Reply #366180 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

I like both Khazzouh and Jawai as bigs along with maric and andersen..AJ is just too soft and clumsy, and while Baynes is strong and a rebounder but doesn't finish well. Khazzouh has a well rounded offensive game that as he showed is capable of shooting the 15-17ft something that is vital at international level, especially considering the number of euro-bigs and nba'ers like bosh who can hit that shoot and stretch the d..Jawai provides something that we don't have as a very quick big that can bang and dunk

Reply #366201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aj is definitely too soft and clumsy I agree... im surprised he got the kind of wraps he did in college because everything I have seen of him looks extremely basic. He is like a extremely poor mans bogut without any of the finesse and defensive prowess..

Reply #366214 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754