Slater
Years ago

Muggsy Bogues coming to Melbourne rumours

Has anyone else heard Muggsy Bogues could be coming to Melbourne in October for a talk event on his NBA carrer??

Hope so that would be crazy!!
He is the best NBA story it would be so interesting

Be getting tickets ASAP - Would sell out for sure

Let me know if anyone hears more

Topic #28762 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPzdodcliU

Reply #370329 | Report this post

Chewy316  
Years ago

Highly doubt it would sell out if it does come to fruition Slater. It might if it was at a very small theatre. Maradona had a similar thing planned in Sydney and Melbourne but was no where near a sell out. Granted, this was postponed due to a commitment at the club he was coaching at the time.

If Maradona couldn't sell out shows in Sydney and Melbourne, I highly doubt that Muggsy Bogues would be able to, especially considering hardly anyone outside the basketball fraternity would know who he is.

Reply #370379 | Report this post

Slater  
Years ago

Fair call but Maradona tickets were $500 to near $2,000 so that is a hard sell!!

I did hear Muggsy would be at a small theatre like you were saying but no exact idea the theatre

I am just pumped as he is one of my childhood heros
And I reakon his story is amazing and would be very interesting to hear him talk!!

Plus we never get any big NBA stars out in Melbourne past or present

Reply #370403 | Report this post

What is the spoiler?

Please don't tell me how it ends!!

Reply #370422 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I did hear Muggsy would be at a small theatre

That would be appropriate.

Reply #370426 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Hey I am with you Slater,

Not sure about all the stuff people are posting!!

Muggsy is a star!!!

I would definitely be going to this event and I reckon about 20 of my mates would be in too

I would imagine anyone that has been involved in sport let alone basketball would find this interesting!!!

5' 3" (1.60 m) and played in the NBA
There is guys 6'8" that can run fast and jump high don't even make it -

I am all for it "Bring Muggsy to Melbourne"

Reply #370429 | Report this post

Dan  
Years ago

Hell Yeah!!

I saw him when he was out last time back in 1993!

Reply #370444 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

Muggsy Bogues coming to Melbourne? All Anstey needs is to sign Spud Webb and the Tigers will have the smallest and oldest guards in the league!

Reply #370450 | Report this post

Dan  
Years ago

For a talk tour - no one said anything about Melbourne Tigers!!

Does everyone just fill this blog with bad jokes

Dam hope he doesn't read this and think Australian basketball fans are this welcoming

Reply #370460 | Report this post

Stacey  
Years ago

Reply #370471 | Report this post

Stacey  
Years ago

I meet him in the States a few years ago

The most humble and fantastic sport star I have meet

It would be your loss not to go if he does visit,
His talk was inspirational.

Lucky he didn't listen to similar comments made above about him or he would have given up before he started.

Reply #370472 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I still own the NBA video "below the rim". He made some interesting comments in the video that the Wahsington Bullets only drafted him because they had tallest player in the NBA in Manute Bol.

I would go if it was held in Brisbane.It would be pretty interesting to hear what Bogues would have to say about Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Latrell Sprewell and Vince Carter.

Reply #370513 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754