anon
Years ago

Showtime event at Nunawading

Can anyone tell me how the college event was at Nunawading last week ?? Showtime Basketball set it up and there was supposed to be a heap of college coaches there ??

Topic #28781 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I heard it was a bit of a bust!

all the kids whom are at college level are already recruited or in the process of so only people in these events are the kids whom want to go play Div III or NAIA....probably better if they just stay in Aus and work on therer game!

Reply #370638 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

does anyone know if the college coaches turned up and spoke to anyone ? I heard they didnt.

Reply #370641 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Guys already signed for college as far as i know

Venky Jois - Dandenong
Taylor Dyson - Knox
Lucas Barker - Dandenong
Mitch Riggs -Frankston
Sean Preston - Knox

All members of the Vic u/18 Team a few years ago.

-

Reply #370652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They aren't allowed to talk to kids or parents. Showtimes Facebook has been quiet about so maybe it was a bit of a flop.

Reply #370674 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

so is this another rip off from the guy who runs Showtime ? Seems that he has been doing this for a while now as well as claiming all the college placements others have achieved.

Reply #370698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Claims Deng Deng to long beach state.

Totally different Deng Deng to the one that used to play here!

Reply #370719 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

NO such person on the 2010-2011 or 2011-2012 roster.
What a load of BS !

Reply #370723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know if Emmett Naar or Nick Duncan have committed to any USA colleges?

Reply #370730 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

College coaches are too busy watching the summer AAU circuit in the USA to come out here and watch, and like Tiger stated all the Div 1 schools have pretty much finished their recruiting, except maybe signing up some last minute local talent.

Reply #370757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find it was aimed at the kids for next years recruiting so the ones already going will be on their way in the next few weeks.

Reply #370759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking to a college coach who actually came to australia to recruit and checkout the Showtime event said it was very poorly ran.

Reply #371159 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

The guys that run this have failed year on year in nearly everything they do. Of course it failed. The best U16 kids were away at the nationals and the rest of the best in Melbourne were at the U17 NITCP selection camp at Dandenong with the best coaches in the state.

Reply #371179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754