Barney
Years ago

NBL Commentators this year

Has there been any news on who the commentating teams will be for Ten and also the NBL.TV games?

Topic #29470 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I heard, but havent chased up to confirm - Steve Carfino for Cairns, Townsville, Sydney and Wollongong; Rob Waters for Melbourne and Adelaide; Lachy Reid for Perth and I assume Andrew Mulligan in NZ.

Reply #381657 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

depends where the games are. i got told ronaldson, gaze, carfino, joyce and someone else i cant remember were making up the TV Commentary team. John Casey would have been good to have i reckon.

Reply #381658 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I would expect Mulls and Casey and Dennis to continue the Sky Sport NZ Commentary

Reply #381662 | Report this post

Barney  
Years ago

NBL.TV using the same as the TV broadcasters?

Reply #381664 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No, I think they are bringing in their own people. There could be some crossover but I havent heard any of the same names.

The names I have heard for NBL.TV are people that have worked in TV though so it doesnt sound like it will be amateur hour.

Reply #381667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why wont Carfino just get lost, his commentary is so out dated!

Reply #381674 | Report this post

Oberon 43  
Years ago

Bruce bolden tweeted that he is commentating on the nbl

Im excited the NBL HOOPS season starts in 4 days.. Looking forward to calling the Kings vs Hawks game with my basketball partner MM.

I assume he is working for nbl.tv and mm is matt mcguade he writes for the nbl website

Reply #381689 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

NBL.TV will be done by local crews. Different people in each city.

It might be, for example, some of the people who did the NBL radio last season.

Reply #381691 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Agree with anon 674 - Carfino's been doing this for far too long. He's no longer relevant (an 80's star - still stuck in the 80's!) and he's just not that good at it. He's boring, he stumbles and gets stuff wrong! Let's move on, there are so many recently retired players and professional sports commentators that can commentate basketball.

Reply #381693 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

i thought Carfino quit Ten to take the Kings job
http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article///steve-carfino-brings-back-his-magic-to-the-sydney-kings-1/

Reply #381694 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Maher would be good for 36ers home games on both Ten and NBL.TV, Sapwell would be good for NBL.TV

Reply #381703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carfino is the SAME OLD BORE-ING American hes always been. Hes saying the same things as he was 10years ago, even introducing the games the SAME WAY. It gets old.

Hows these Yobbo morons on the NBLTv games LMAO?

Reply #383309 | Report this post

bonnevista  
Years ago

I was at the Hawks game yesterday. Troy Pilon and someone I didn't know were the nbl.tv commentators.

Reply #385946 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754