Lance_Uppercut
Years ago

FC Barcelona Regal v Dallas Mavericks

Joe Ingles and Nathan Jawai will hopefully see some decent court time as FCB take on the Mavs in Barcelona tonight (9pm barcelona time/5am Wednesday morning Eastern Australia time)

Hopefully Jingles & Jawai will put up some good numbers as its another great opportunity to impress against an NBA team.

Does anyone know if the game is being streamed anywhere?

Would be great to see some highlights

Topic #29539 | Report this topic

sitiveni  
Years ago

yeh nba.com ive watched the highlights on a few games including dave andersen who did nothing much but run around and fall over.

It is a good opportunity for both to produce and further show to NBA teams they have something to offer. I just hope Jingles doesnt have another inconsistent year. he needs to show he is the main man in this team on a consistent basis like he done in london. Jawai is so impressing me with his play and committment. he certainly looks fitter and i think he plays better when fit.

Reply #382581 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

First row sports has got a link up. Games being shown live on NBA.tv so expect a pretty decent stream! 6am Melbourne time I'm pretty sure it starts

Reply #382585 | Report this post

momock martinez  
Years ago

First row sports has got a link up. Games being shown live on

http://fx-chart.us/fc-barcelona-vs-dallas-mavericks/

so expect a pretty decent stream! 6am Melbourne time I'm pretty sure it starts

Reply #382600 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Barcelona well up in third quarter. Ingles 9 points, Jawai currently on court and up to 11 points plus 3 boards.

Reply #382605 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Ingles has 5... Jawai has been dominate!

Reply #382610 | Report this post

Tassieballer  
Years ago

CJ Wallace had 13 boards, 5 assists and 8 points

Reply #382620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The level of NBA players and teams is so overrated that it's literally ludicrous.

Reply #382626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a good opportunity for both to produce and further show to NBA teams they have something to offer. I just hope Jingles doesnt have another inconsistent year. he needs to show he is the main man in this team on a consistent basis like he done in london. Jawai is so impressing me with his play and committment. he certainly looks fitter and i think he plays better when fit.

-----------------------------------------

How in the world would you expect Ingles to be the main man on a team with players like Navarro, Mickeal, Lorbek, Huertas?

You can't be serious.........

Reply #382627 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

FC Barcelona 99 v 85 Dallas Mavs

Mickeal and Navarro both top scored for FC Barcelona with 19 points each.

Joe Ingles 15 mins FG 2/7 0/3 FT 0 assists 1 rebound, 5 points

Nathan Jawai 17 mins FG 5/7 3/4 FT, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 13 points

Jawai seemed to make the most of his opportunity to impress against an NBA team, compared with Jingles.
Ingles seems to have trouble carrying good Boomers form into his euro competition. obviously he is one of the stars on the boomers team compared with a loaded Barcelona, but you would think after his olympic performance he would start demanding more time and a bigger role with the team if he carried that form into barcelona. hopefully the rest of the season start to pick up for him.

Reply #382632 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Jawai did everything he could. well done. Joe was a missed opportunity playing in front of a team that is interested in Joe. Mavs owner said yesterday they Joe is someone they are watching and mentioned he is on his final year of contract, he also mentioned that many NBA Teams are watching Joe. He has to take his oppoprtunities. this is it for him either have a great year and end up next year in the NBA or have an inconsistent year and play the rest of your life in europe.

Reply #382633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai seemed to make the most of his opportunity to impress against an NBA team, compared with Jingles.
Ingles seems to have trouble carrying good Boomers form into his euro competition. obviously he is one of the stars on the boomers team compared with a loaded Barcelona, but you would think after his olympic performance he would start demanding more time and a bigger role with the team if he carried that form into barcelona. hopefully the rest of the season start to pick up for him.

----------------------------------

It's not really fair to compare them that way. Ingles is a point forward that when he has the ball needs to create something from himself or for others. He's also not that good of a shooter, so we will be used with the ball more than as a spot shooter.

Then you have to figure in that Barca has guys like Huertas, Navarro, Sada (didn't play in that game) and Jasikevicius that will all be handling the ball, so it's not like Ingles would handle the ball that much really.

Now compare it to Jawai. All Jawai has to don Barca's team is set a pick, then let Navarro, Huertas, Jasikevicius spoon feed him a wide open dunk or layup. All he really has to do is catch ball and lay it in or dunk it.

Of course Jawai is going to be able to flourish a lot more in a team that has such brilliant world elite pick and roll guards.

Ingles on the other hand, still has to be able to create and finish his own shots. He's got the created part down, and if you look at the game against the Mavs he destroyed ever defender they sent at him - it's just that he's not a good finisher. He still struggles to finish on a lot of his shots. That's the main problem.

I don't see that getting better until he matures more as a player. He has not yet learned how to pick and choose his sports. Look at how Navarro plays. He's a lot smaller and less athletic than Ingles, but he knows exactly when to choose his spots to try to score. Ingles just mindlessly plays with his physical tools.

If anything, Ingles plays basically like the average NBA player. With athleticism and no brains. That's basically his problem.

Jawai has already made good strides on defense. He was getting owned on defense in earlier games. But Barca's coach DEMANDS you play defense or you sit on the bench. I think Jawai must have gotten that message because he is trying on defense now.

But the point is that it's not really fair to compare Ingles and Jawai's situations on that team, as all Jawai has to do is finish easy shots off the creation of his guards in the pick and roll.

Reply #382637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai did everything he could. well done. Joe was a missed opportunity playing in front of a team that is interested in Joe. Mavs owner said yesterday they Joe is someone they are watching and mentioned he is on his final year of contract, he also mentioned that many NBA Teams are watching Joe. He has to take his oppoprtunities. this is it for him either have a great year and end up next year in the NBA or have an inconsistent year and play the rest of your life in europe.

-----------------------------------

You say that like it is bad to play in the Euroleague. These good Euroleague teams are just as good as almost any NBA team is. In fact, few NBA teams are as good as the team Ingles plays on now.

Reply #382638 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think it's also important not to expect too much from Joe. He had good and bad games at the Olympics and will continue to do so for Barcelona.

But if you chart his growth over the past couple of years he is definitely on a strong upward curve. And I agree wholeheartedly, a career playing for a top European club would be a great achievement.

Reply #382640 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

might be wrong but I don't think it was a comparison as such

Reply #382642 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

thank you Peter.

Reply #382646 | Report this post

JimmyC  
Years ago

On a side note. Apart from Joey's improved offence, his biggest plus side is his defence. I think he's a great defender and Bara's best cover on the wings imo His passing is excellent, his 3 point shooting is good and his scoring overall 11 p.p.g over the first two ACB games is serviceable. In the right N.B.A system his game would be very useful. It's funny how overly critical people are after a exhibition game. Tall poppy is rife in the country,

Reply #382686 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

he only got 15 mins guys! and those 15 where split throughout the 4 quarters making it extremely hard for Joe to get himself involved into the game!

Reply #382689 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

no tall poppy here. i love Joe and prayer he reaches his potential and makes the NBA. just wished he made a bigger impact infront of an NBA owner who is looking at him. Joe has generated so much interest from the NBA now. he is on alot of teams radar's. This season is so important for him for his NBA aspirations. I hope he can average 13 or 14 points per game, more importantly have an impact in different aspects of the game. Joe is a great passer and such a good defender now. i want him to succeed

Reply #382709 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Problem is Barcelona are so deep they only had two players in double figures last year, Navarro and Lorbek who are two of the finest Europe has to offer.

I think the key for Joe is to have some big games in key games that will make people take notice, as Jawai did last season to get a contract with Barce.

Reply #382710 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

I couldn't agree more Sitiveni and Paul. No tall poppy here.

Reply #382718 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

no tall poppy here. i love Joe and prayer he reaches his potential and makes the NBA. just wished he made a bigger impact infront of an NBA owner who is looking at him. Joe has generated so much interest from the NBA now. he is on alot of teams radar's. This season is so important for him for his NBA aspirations. I hope he can average 13 or 14 points per game, more importantly have an impact in different aspects of the game. Joe is a great passer and such a good defender now. i want him to succeed

---------------------------

Few NBA players could average 13-14 points in Euroleague, on a deep team like Barca. Sorry, but you severely overrate the level of Joe Ingles as a player.

He's definitely a very talented player, but for Euroleague level this is no way in hell a guy like Navarro, Spanoulis, McCalebb - which are the kinds of guys that could put up those numbers.

I think it is pretty clear that you have no concept of just how good the Euroleague is.

Reply #383085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754