BJF
Years ago

NH: Lance Armstrong dumped by Nike

amazing move by Nike and it seems certainly the right call to make.

Topic #29614 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Interesting considering I read days earlier that they would not budge and were sticking by him.

Reply #383599 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There's no doubt he has got a very strong desire to win and overcome odds. They way he responded to his cancer shows that.

To compete in world cycling you need to be at the top of your game.

Unfortunately, the overwhelming evidence against him for doping has forced Nike's hand.

He's now as popular as a chokito in a swimming pool.

I wonder if he would consider joining Alan Jones on radio?

Reply #383619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cyclist cheat.... he made a boring sport watchable some of the time. No one wins here

Reply #383620 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Armstrong is also standing down as Livestrong Chairman.

Reply #383621 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Now dumped by large beer company Anheuser-Busch.

Reply #383629 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Giro - his helmet supplier has also dropped him today too

Reply #383640 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Feel sorry for him - would understand if it was just him but why should he lose all his medals if most of the other cyclists were doping as well. Noone wins here - I still have respect for this man who overcame MANY obstacles in his life. There is a good lesson here for the kids to learn though - don't use performance enhancing drugs - do it through sheer hard work and discipline - in ANY sport!!!

Reply #383660 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Feel sorry for him - would understand if it was just him but why should he lose all his medals if most of the other cyclists were doping as well. Noone wins here - I still have respect for this man who overcame MANY obstacles in his life. There is a good lesson here for the kids to learn though - don't use performance enhancing drugs - do it through sheer hard work and discipline - in ANY sport!!!

Reply #383661 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Do you think the Nike Livestrong brand will continue or be pulled?

Reply #383715 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

lol people make it sound like this is the first scandal in cycling. the funny thing with the cycling world is that the best cheater that doesnt get caught wins.

Reply #383719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754