alexkrad
Years ago

Round 6 Tipping

It looks like another tough round to tip. I can make arguments for pretty much every team to get the W this week.

Sydney v Wollongong
Sydney have had an upset or close to upset in pretty much every game. Their guards are showing us Harvey won't be missed and the imports can also light it up. Could they get a massive upset here? They play better away than at home though so maybe not?
Wollongong are the in form team and if they can keep up their structures and shooting percentages it's hard to see who will beat them.

Melbourne v Adelaide
Melbourne showing what they are capable of last week although against the winless Crocs. If Flynn is ready and contributes Cedric Jackson like numbers in his first game maybe the Tigers could get the upset here and their second win?
Adelaide is a case of the same story all season. One of the best teams on paper, if they can pull it all together they should be able to take the win home, but can they?

Townsville v New Zealand
Townsville are in struggle town and it's no secrete. What makes this interesting is they seem to play well against the Breakers and are very very desperate to get a win especially at home.
New Zealand should get this but with a double this round and the Cairns game maybe more important in the scheme of things may be more focused on that game and may rest some of the older legs here?

Cairns v New Zealand
Cairns dont look as organised as they did last year although they have a better team. I think they are starting to get it together but the winless crocs pushing them to OT raises some doubt? They dont drop many at home.
New Zealand backing it up within 24 hours and as above may be suffering with their older team. BUT it is NZ and they are a great team and it's hard to go against them.

Adelaide v Perth
Adelaide get a little more rest than NZ but are still on the back of a double weekend. I dont think they will struggle on the fitness side of things but will want to get out to a fast start to take this one.
Perth showed their vulnerability last week. After a massive away start to the season (and preseason) has it all caught up to the Wildcats or was the week off a factor? I think they will be very embarassed by last weeks game and all be keen to put in a big effort this week.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to write out some thoughts I was having while looking at the schedule and considering my tips this week.

Thoughts?

Topic #29864 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

I expect a repeat of the first meeting between NZ and TSV. They will keep it close but NZ will be too classy right at the end.

Reply #386378 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think Sydney might beat the Hawks. Hawks are due for a loss and Sydney will be very pumped up for this game.

Adelaide will win in a close one.

NZ to beat Townsville with Townsville getting out to a small lead before being reeled in and beaten by about 8 to the boos of the crowd.

Cairns might beat NZ as they will be hoping Townsville beat them up a bit and with Dusty being back for the second week they might be a bit more settled.

Perth will probably beat Adelaide. It will either be a great game or Perth will thrash Adelaide.

Reply #386458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754