Anonymous
Years ago

Could Aaron Baynes be playing NBA soon?

Playing really strong in Europe at the moment, Though only 5 games have been played Aaron is averaging 16.8 pts and 10 rebounds a game, He is actually leading the league in rebounds and is shooting at 62% and is leading the league in 2 point shots made.

Topic #29955 | Report this topic

Hurls  
Years ago

thats very good, but doesnt neccesarily mean NBA

Reply #387722 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Nice contribution, Hurls.

Baynes looked great at the Olympics for Australia too. Good rebounding ability, strong physical presence (without the stupidity that Nielsen brings) and reasonable athleticism, even by NBA standards. Also showed he could hit his free throws and a 15ft jump shot.

He doesn't have the height of a guy like Luke Nevill, for instance, but has the size. If he keeps up this level of play in Europe this season, he could receive a training camp invite for next year.

I think he is comparative to a guy like Joel Freeland (Portland Trail Blazers) in ability, at least.

Reply #387736 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

I do like the dude tho... not too many Aussies throw down like he does.

Reply #387741 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

If players like Andris Biedrins are still in the NBA, then i can't see why the door isn't open for Az.

Reply #387743 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Yeah no reason he couldn't be a handy player off the bench. There are some crap big men in the NBA so you could do a lot worse.

I was thinking the other day that Golden State should give Jawai a call after seeing Biedrins airball that freethrow.

Reply #387770 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Why would they go to sit on the bench in the NBA when they get a great run in the Euroleague?

Reply #387771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said, sick of these fanboys making out being on an nba bench is better than a starter with top euro teams...

Reply #387772 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I do like the dude tho... not too many Kiwi's who play for Australia throw down like he does

fixt ;)

Reply #387773 | Report this post

Nathan Lovett  
Years ago

Agree with PlaymakerMo

See if he can hold it consistently over the entire season then perhaps invites will come

Reply #387789 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Another double double for Aaron over night 13 pts and 10 boards

Reply #387807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently a couple of teams are interested: www.basketball.net.au

Reply #387852 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

well said, sick of these fanboys making out being on an nba bench is better than a starter with top euro teams...

--------------------

True, But Baynes plays one one of the worst teams in the Euroleague.

Still, he's much better than most NBA centers are.

General rule of thumb =

NBA has better shooting guards, small forwards, and power forwards than Euroleague. But Euroleague's centers are better than NBA's centers, and Euroleague's point guards are about 50 times better than NBA's point guards.

It's just a complete fallacy that NBA has better players than Euroleague does. It's only slightly marginally better overall IMHO.

Reply #388189 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Would love to see this guy get an opportunity to play NBA. Should that come about I think he would show that he is good enough, but the NBA is a different show...

That's the big difference I believe, the SHOW!

Euroleague still seems to be lacking some of the flash and dash that the NBA prides itself on, so if he does get the chance, I hope he gives it 110%, leaves it all on the court and shows what he is made of...

Reply #388194 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Tiago Splitter is going alright at the moment. Baynes could get a game.

Reply #388225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:34 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754