Whitey
Years ago

Hobart U/10 Basketball Club's

Hi everyone, I am relocating to the apple isle in early January and am looking for a bball club for my two kids.

Both will be under 10's (one boy one girl), and was wondering if anyone could give me some direction on which club I should look at joining?

A quick google search brought up GHBA, Dominoes and Cavaliers.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Topic #30157 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends where you will live i guees.

Reply #391010 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Near Glenorchy

Reply #391019 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Near Glenorchy

Reply #391020 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Hey Whitey, email me at [email protected] with your details. I have a friend down there who is really into the basketball scene in Hobart & has a couple of kids who play juniors - he could help you out.

Reply #391039 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Hi Whitey,

Most of the U/10 scene is on the Eastern Shore in Hobart (Other side of the river from Glenorchy) with Dominoes and Cavaliers having the most teams. Games are played at Clarence stadium in Rosny. My wife is president of the Cavaliers so I would prefer you went with them but training is on the Eastern shore for this club too. You can get Annabelle's contact details off the Cavaliers website and get in touch with her if you are interested.

Reply #391056 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

If you are serious about them playing basketball they will need to move to GHBA clubs after U10. Phoenix and Grenadiers are the stronger choices. I know Phoenix has an U10 team and they train near Glenorchy. If you are interested get on to them soon as they are putting their teams and numbers together for registration now. Hope you enjoy Hobart.

Reply #391109 | Report this post

Hobartian  
Years ago

Don't play with a team on the Eastern Shore if you want to give your kids a chance. A good club to play for if you are in Glenorchy is Pheonix. They have a great player development program and DO have under 10s. They also have a lot of very experienced players that work to teach the young kids what they know! And they have a great friendly club feel!!

Reply #391119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you live in Hobart there would be no way you would want to fight the traffic backwards and forwards to go and play across the river for an eastern shore team, when your local club is literally around the corner.
Phoenix and I beleive there is a new club a bit further north (Brighton area)would meet your needs perfectly.

Reply #391142 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754