Anonymous
Years ago

Whos going in the Dunk Comp now Mitch Creek's out?

Topic #30257 | Report this topic

Nike Al  
Years ago

Dunigan would be a good choice

Reply #392559 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Would 'HAVE' won it...not would 'OF' PLEASE! ;)

Reply #392560 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Vasiljevic is the reserve.

Reply #392569 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Was crazy watching the Sixers warm up last night compared to the Crocs. The Crocs only have two guys who can actually physically dunk it in game (Blanchfield and Nevill), while everyone on the Sixers can seemingly throw it down.

Crocs have two guys in Jacob Holmes and Mitch Norton who can't even dunk it in a warm up.

Ben Allen has been playing in the league three years, is 6"11', and hasn't dunked it once in a game.

Half of that Sixers roster would go alright in the dunk comp.

Reply #392590 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

I can guarantee anyone who doubts it, that Jacob Holmes can most certainly dunk it. Was actually measured as having one of the highest standing vertical leaps when at the AIS, and lets not forget the choice he had to make as a teenager... AIS for Volleyball or Basketball. Vertical being a huge pre requisite for volleyball.
Just because he chooses not to dunk, doesn't mean he cant. I have personally seen some very nasty dunks from the man himself.

Reply #392597 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I know he used to be able to, and have seen some nice ones back in his dragons days, but just wasn't too sure if he could any more.

Haven't seen a dunk in game OR warm up in two seasons as a Croc. You would think he would throw one through in a warm up for posterity at least once...

Reply #392605 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Norton would be able to dunk I'd say.

I don't know how NBL players use the warm up, but me personally I use it as a time to go through movements and put up shots that I would get in game situations (like pull-ups, catch and shoots, reverse layups, spin dribble layups).

I can dunk, but dunking in warm-up seems to be just a way of showing everyone that you can dunk.

Some may prefer not to dunk in warmup, especially if they know that dunking isn't part of their natural game. e.g. Holmes

Reply #392609 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Have seen Norton try and come up short a couple of times in a warm-up. Not quite there. Not that it matters.

Reply #392611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supposedly Shane Heal (who couldnt palm a full size basketball) used to be able to dunk a volleyball back in the day.

True story.

Reply #392630 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Really? So basically someone used to be unable to dunk a basketball? That's pretty impressive.

Reply #392631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"someone used to be unable to dunk a basketball?"
Where in this thread did anyone say that?

Reply #392641 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Isaac is correct, Pero Vasiljevic was named as the reserve for the Dunk Competition so he'll replace Creek.

Reply #392664 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

used to go to heaps of cannons games and pero would throw down at least 2 dunks a game in limited time. got upstairs real easy.
is a fair bit older but now. him or dunigan would be good

Reply #392670 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

....or edwards from cairns

Reply #392672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pero is 34. I dont think those hops would be what they once were.

Reply #392675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754