Anonymous
Years ago

How easy did Murray make it look

What a half court shot.

Someone in a bird suit on a 44 degree day with his back to the hoop gets it in first time. Nothing but net.

Now if ever someone deserved $5000. He is your man/bird !!

Topic #30422 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Hurls is Murray/end thread

Reply #396278 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Reply #396343 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

Does the Magpie get $5,000 ?

Can the Magpie donate his shot to the kid ?

Will the Magpie complain to TT he/she/it did not get the dough ?

Will the kid complain to TT he was upstaged by a bird right at his big moment in the spotlight ?

Watch this space.

Reply #396409 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Poor kid, how does one back up after a shot like that?

Reply #396432 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I'm guessing the bird will be Marty's next recruiting target ?

Dang that boy can shoot.

Reply #396449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dateline 25th March 2013 ... Newflash ... doo do doo de doo doo ...

The Adelaide 36ers have rounded out the home and away season with an amazing winning run since the 6th of January when Coach Marty Clarke sacked his entire bench and replaced them with Murray the Magpie.

Since then, the game plan has changed to running the starting five for the first 2 1/2 quarters, then when the opposition begin a mini run in the third, bringing on the Magpie to knock down some long three pointers (preferably from half court) to get the sixers back in the game and allow the main five to close out the game.

Over the final 11 rounds on the season, the Magpie has gone 50 from 72 beyond the arc to turn the season around and lead his team into the playoffs. Murray has not managed to attempt a two point shot as yet, as he explains "I don't go to near the paint because I don't want to get my feet wet". Six shots that the Magpie claimed slipped did not hit the ring but were turned into alley oop slams by DJ coming in from the week side. These have been recorded as assists.

The rebounding effort of the rest of the team has also picked up significantly, as the Magpie only gets the boards that hit him in the back of the head after his shot.

Asked where he got the inspiration to develop his unique shooting style, Murray the Magpie said recently in an interview "Jackie Moon in Semi Pro".

Mitch Creek, still on the sidelines with injury, said in commentary tonight that a side benefit of Murray in the team is that he sings a really tuneful version of the team song after the games.

Coach Marty Clarke was also asked recently where he got the inspiration to recruit Murray the Magpie to the team and he responded "I've just always liked chicken".

Meanwhile, over at the Hoops forum there is deafening silence, except from Marcus Camby who posted today "I always knew this was going to work, I had faith in Coach Marty Clarke".

- ends -

Reply #396512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754