My ideal and realistic crowd avg's for 2013/14
Since there has been a bit of talk about crowds lately, and also about how the NBL could improve itself, I thought I would give my thoughts on what clubs could realistically achieve next year with their attendances, going by current trends - and with a little bit of marketing nous and some ballsy decisions to push them along...
1. Perth Wildcats - 11,000 - No reason why they cant keep this momentum going over to next season.
2. NZ Breakers - 7,000 and play all their games at Vector. The demand is there!
3. Sydney Kings - 6,500 - As long as they keep improving on the court and avoid the odd thrashing in front of their bigger crowds, then 6,500 is achievable.
4. Adelaide 36ers - 5,000 - With a new coach hopefully coming in and a return to the playoffs, a possible new ownership structure and a more ideal schedule, the Sixers should reach this avg if these factors go their way.
5. Melbourne Tigers - 5,000 and all games played at Hisense Arena. The demand is there!
6. Cairns Taipans - 4,500 as long as they win at home!
7. Wollongong Hawks - 4,000 - I believe they should be doing much better than what they are, but 4,000 would be a nice average for this club, regardless of on court results.
8. Townsville Crocs - 3,800 - 4,200. There's room to improve at the Crocs, but I think they need the most work done off the court to get there. Hopefully Pat Reidy will re-energise this franchise.