Isaac
Years ago

Adelaide Arena keyways now blue

Keyways now blue. Unleash Solar branding gone. As has been noted on Hoops before, the Unleash Solar corporate box has been empty for a while now. Are there any solar installers that aren't dodgy and stay in business?

Topic #30648 | Report this topic

skud  
Years ago

Solar business's got screwed with the government rebate. Much like the insulation debacle many had purchased for future installations. When the government scrapped the rebate many of the companies who had not set themselves up properly have gone belli up.

Reply #401037 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Triple Zero blue

Reply #401045 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Still on the jersey, though.

Reply #401056 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

No companies are going to survive in an industry where the customers and consumers are propped up by rebates/subsidies.
In these economic times getting major sponsors to contribute large sums of money will be near impossible, unless you can appeal to the masses.

Reply #401071 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joshua, doubt they can justify remaking them when it's painful enough dealing with the supplier that they have to put their own names/numbers on.

Reply #401075 | Report this post

Shano  
Years ago

Their logo wrecked the heritage singlet too! Is anyone else worried about the 36ers future? Insipid performances like today's won't help.

Reply #401087 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

just thought i have seen people use white tape or something.

Reply #401092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GGG!

Did solar panels on my invalid father's roof the deal including a free big screen TV. Turned out to be a Changhong (the worst of the worst) and died less than six months after he got it, unable legally to be fixed or replaced.

Looks like GGG aren't the only dodgy ones around.

Reply #401100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see how this pans out given they (Unleash Solar) are also front of shirt sponsors of Adelaide United.

Reply #401175 | Report this post

ash  
Years ago

And have the rights to woodville oval too

Reply #401236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No offence but why would you get anything like that that is not covered by a decent warranty I had at least 5 quotes from big and little companies and paid only slightly more to get a third party warranty under written by a large insurer. I know it isn't flawless but I have warranty via installer, if they go bust I can go to manufacturers if they go bust I get insurer coverage if they go bust we are all in trouble

Reply #401240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

man the NBL courts are ugly. makes it hard to watch a game with so many mismatched logos all over the place. they really need some uniform guidelines that all court designs follow. it makes me hate the aussie league more

Reply #401289 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

^ I agree anon. I wish the wildcats did more with their court design. Having sponsors is fine, but I was a bit disappointed when there was no red sidelines, or having "Wildcats" painted on either ends of the court like in the past. I guess they wanted the court to be as clean and colour free as possible?

I've always liked Adelaide's court design. The blue and orange theme looked striking and had a bit of a New York Knicks feel.

The extremes in my opinion: Townsville's court has too many maccas logos, the cage has netball lines visible which makes it look like a rec centre, and nsec has an ugly brown court.

The rest are all ok...

Reply #401354 | Report this post

Ash  
Years ago

Not sure what they can do about the cage netball lines being visible as they are painted on (and covered with brown tape) rather than the 'tape' lines that mark most courts.

Hang around half an hour after the game it is quite weird seeing all the tape ripped up off the court and seeing a netball court with basketball rings at each end.

Reply #401520 | Report this post

Mr Paparazzi  
Years ago

Better off going with a notable company who has been around for year like Modern Solar.

Yes more expensive than most companies but you pay for what you get and can stick by their warranties.

Unleash was never going to last with the Sixers.

Reply #401602 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Yeah can someone PLEASE do something about the ugly brown North Shore court. It makes me hate New Zealand even more, then they go to Vector and it seems to go away some.

I'd really like Perth (of whom has been called the yardstick of this league) to really blow us away with court design and have everyone want to change theirs.

The uniforms are so bloody ugly and it takes one heritage round to show that (minus the ANZAC Townsville jersey) and it would be great to have their second colour more prominent and even on the sidelines of the court and as for Melbourne, its simple - we just cross our fingers and hope they spend more time at Hisense arena !

Reply #403016 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:36 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754