Shano
Years ago

Scott christopherson

Wow. Is he that bad and out of depth, or is it the system or both. Agree wit Isaac. Give daly his minutes. I'd send him home personally as this must be awkward for him. Poor guy. Probably a good bloke but so am I and I'm sure as hell no nbl player.

Topic #30650 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

5pts, 5to last game today 0pts, 2reb 0/3 shooting.

Another great scouting job by Marty.

Yeah pointless sticking with him now when bottom of the ladder. Cut him and force feed some minutes into Daly to see if he's got enough to make the 10 next season.

Reply #401097 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Certaintly looks out of his depth but needs open looks to be affective. Remember he came in to be a spot up shooter, supposedly.

The guy obviously has some basketball ability, like any player at the pro level should. Not going to be a star, but interested to see how he would go in a better coached system.

Personally, would keep playing him. Easy to just his crap, useless, worst import etc.( not you, other threads ).

Reply #401101 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If they cut him, they'd have to pay someone else (Warbout, etc) because you must suit ten.

He's meant to be more than a spot up shooter.

Reply #401105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Out of his depth, not sure what Marty was thinking there, wouldnt even start on half the SEABL rosters.

Reply #401106 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Was that not what Clarke said he was looking for when C.J was released- spot up shooter? Or have a mixed up the descriptions with massingale being released, because he was only a spot up shooter?

Certainly does not suit the sixers, but i also think he is a victim of the Clarke game plan, like a few others, IMO. Only partly the reason though, certainly agree he does not bring much.

No point sacking him now, IMO. Would be good to see Daly get oppurtunities at his exspense if form continues. But again, he can shoot, get him some looks FFS.

Reply #401115 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Everyone else manages to look remotely capable under the system. Undersized and out of his depth, sadly.

Reply #401119 | Report this post

VP  
Years ago

I noticed Tom Daly on the court more than Scott Christopherson - someone definitely got the wrong scouting report on this guy to have signed him as an NBL import!

Tom's got potential to develop with more minutes - this guy aint got any.

Reply #401125 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Was supposed to be a 'Lisch' type player infact was imported after lisch beat u guys with some dagger shots a while back. CJ was terminated also. Send Clarke, Radford, crosswell & christerphon back to SEABL! I would normally have mentioned Cadee in that but nice game 2night! Thought Clarke was gonna drag Cadee when hot & was only shining light so maybe Marty finally learning to leav players on when hot. Too little too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #401127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adam Doyle anyone?

Reply #401128 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Looking remotely capable in a system, of which your involvment has been longer than SC's, doesn't sound much better anyway.

Just think there is responsibility for coaches to find ways to get players involved. SC is the import, came in late, on the backlash of fan outrage, in a system that capable players evidently struggle in, and after having a reputation as a decent shooter, is not used yet, in such a way.

He certainly seems to be struggling, but will defend him against poor coaching. And do realise, as stated previously, that he doesn't bring much else.

Reply #401129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SC was 5/18 from the field in his last 4 games in Belarus after his good debut (16p 5/7 fg).

He's shooting 10/28 this season in the NBL.

Reply #401135 | Report this post

Shano  
Years ago

I feel bad for him. It's not his fault cj was sacked for him. I think his recruitment was the final nail in clarkes coffin. I'd also like to see some honesty and critical reflection and admission of mistakes from Clarke. It might win him some understanding though that horse has bolted.

Reply #401137 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Give Doyle minutes, cut him.

Reply #401138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For starters his name is Scott Christoffer(how ever you spell it). They could have had Corey Williams for the same money. Williams penetrates and dishes to the likes of Weigh, Gibson etc.... Another great choice. One thing is for sure, Christo's agent can sell ice to the eskimo's because he sucks!

Reply #401151 | Report this post

Shano  
Years ago

No way Clarke could coach homicide. Not sure any club would touch him.

Reply #401154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah good call Shano, because he's so much better off in his current situation.

Reply #401155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No NBL team seems to want Homicide.

Reply #401157 | Report this post

Guns  
Years ago

Dorsey was also an option. Probably a better one.

Reply #401162 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I agree to give Doyle a run for the remaining 2 months

Reply #401176 | Report this post

Sportsnut  
Years ago

Unfortunately signing Scott(No Game) is another example of marty being out of his depth and to be sacked the day after this season end!

THEN.. GET READY FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT ADELAIDE'S FAVORITE SON TO PUT ON THE 36ERS POLOSHIRT TO COACH THE TEAM NEXT SEASON!

Reply #401177 | Report this post

Shano  
Years ago

Who's better off in his current situation anon? I'm just saying Clarke loves structure and a sophisticated system. Homicide likes freestyle and run n gun. The two just wouldn't mix. Oh and I don't like butter :)

Reply #401189 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

He is a major bust. Is massively undersized. When CJ was cut the the coahcing staff wanted someone who can penerate and create their own shot - this guy cannot do either at this level.

I would play Daley ahead of him and make him 10th man. No point sacking him at this late stage.

Reply #401193 | Report this post

36reasons.net  
Years ago

Clarke's assessment before he landed...

"He is a great shooter and has high basketball IQ, he has the ability to put the ball to the floor and create good opportunities for the team. Scott is a tough defender and lives in the gym, constantly trying to improve his game."

We haven't really seen him get good chances as a spot up 3 shooter, then again same applies to Weigh. Clarke just simply got it wrong. The Belarus league form should have been a massive red flag to start with, plus bringing in a young, quiet kid to this team was dangerous to say the least.

Can handle the ball but has looked awful putting it on the floor and going to the basket. Averages 0.5 assists a game so hardly creating "good opportunities".

He hasn't been a liability on the court, but if you're describing your import as "not a liability" that's a bad sign.

Clarke's desire to go with an Aussie team is honourable but he's not getting the sort of kids Goorj used to get his hands on. Weigh and DJ aren't Anstey and McKinnon.

Melbourne showed today what 2 good imports can mean for your team. The Scott and Flynn import combo outscored Christopherson 45-0.

Little point dumping him at this point, then again stunned why Daly on got 4 minutes. We really should have an eye to next year and Daly needs a string of games playing 15-20 to show what he can do.

Reply #401218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke is by far the worst coach the 36ers have ever had. He is certainly in the discussion for worst in NBL history.

SC is the worst 36ers import I can ever remember. Does anyone have any suggestion as to a worse import?

It is one thing to be a bad coach and another to be grossly negligent. Now that the season is officially gone, any minutes (even 5 a game) to a player who clearly won't be here next year will just be a complete waste of time and deprive Daly and Doyle (two very talented South Aussie guards) an opportunity to see how they go at NBL level with say 10 minutes per game each.

Knowing Clarke's ego he will fail to admit that he completely stuffed up the import selection and continue to play SC minutes.

What do we have to lose? Could Doyle have done much worse than the 0 points and 0 assists that SC served up today?

Reply #401220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geoff Allen is the worst import i can remember.. '91 Wildcats team had an import center for a back up to james crawford. Moved around like a dinosaur and averaged 1 minute p/g. Waste of money!

Reply #401226 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Can you imagine coming into this system and trying to learn what the hell to do. I wont blame a player with these coaches, they have consistently not used imports correctly or to their skill set. Christopherson looks confused and uncomfortable, like any new player would under Clarke's destructive system.

Feel sorry for him that he wont have a chance again because of Clarke.

Reply #401228 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Considering Marty is a kids coach you would have thought with a few tapes that are around he would notice the simple things.

Great shots to win games V lucky shots that just happened to go in.

Footwork when receiving the ball.

Handles in traffic. Is the tape showing you someone who can dribble or someone who some how got the ball through the D.

The fundamentals clearly are not sound compared to so many other players on the market. No unless they are 6'8 100KG players, you don't sign players with poor fundamentals.

Reply #401238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont feel that sorry for him, he is simply not any good. go play in taiwan mate because what your showing me isnt 'game'

Reply #401241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeff Allen got injured. He was bad but NOT that bad. His style just didnt suit the Wildcats running style at the time. Im pretty sure he got more than a minute a game before he got injured.

Reply #401264 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

One thing's for sure, while Christopherson is being played as a small forward we're not going to see anything good from him. He might have made sense before Creek got injured but he was the wrong choice as soon as that happened.

Why Clarke plays Christopherson with Crosswell Ill never guess.

Reply #401267 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Paul- I couldn't work that out either. Plays him at small forward with cadee and crosswell at once lol. Mind blowing.

Reply #401268 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

You would have to think after this mess is over, the clean-out should go higher than Clarke.

Clarke has to go, obviously, but whoever has let Marty do what he has done un-checked has to take a hike right after him, if not before.

Reply #401270 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Sorry Mick that would be the teams owner.If he goes so does the club.

Reply #401271 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

There are management positions between the coach and an owner...

Reply #401280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the difference between jeff allen and scott christopherson is obvious perth 91 one of the best teams of all time. adelaide 2012/13 complete garbage.
drop adelaide from nbl and bring back brisbane

Reply #401285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The CEO has already announced her resignation, Mick.

Reply #401306 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Anon'285..

Except Allen played in the 1990 team.

Reply #401307 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

It all becomes clear Marcus is a perth fan stirring us all up

Reply #401320 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@BK...

I've made corrections to posts relating to other teams before.

Reply #401329 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

it has been pretty clear for ages that he is a troll account and you all continue to feed him lmao

Reply #401333 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Sportsnut are u saying Brett Maher 4 next season?

Clarke now coaches like he wont be sacked. Imagine not having to be credible...

Reply #401600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes allen did play in 1990 team good call marcus camby, adelaide are crap this season and its obvious the coach is to blame . They have more talent than sydney or woolongong currently 3rd and 4th but looking a two way race for the spoon with cairns.

Reply #401616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:22 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754