Flip
Years ago

Mitchell Young

Hey guys, What are peoples thoughts. Should the Sixers be trying to get Mitchell for next season. Would make a good back up Centre/Forward I believe.

Sorry if the thread has been done before :)

Topic #30820 | Report this topic

Triton 95  
Years ago

Back-up at best, I still hold out hope for him though, they always say bigs take longer to develop. I had forgotton it was his last year in college, I hope he plays NBL next season.

Reply #404405 | Report this post

xyz  
Years ago

Brisbane are trying to get him for the upcoming SEABL season that would ease him back into the swing of things nicely.

Reply #404408 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Given that Ben Allen was a star a St Mary's his senior year, and Mitch is at best a role player, I think that gives some indication of his potential to be able to contribute at NBL level.

Reply #404516 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Look at Stiendl...struggling to make an impact in the NBL so to compare both him and Young you'd think Young might not get into the NBL straight, so SEABL would be a good option for him to show if he is good enough.

Most guys coming from Mid-Major programs aren't going to have a big impact in the NBL expect for the odd expception.

That said a number of guys have come from strong Div 2 programs and made the transition...might be more to do with the roll they are asked to play at there college program.

Reply #404520 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So many variables come into play...

Baynes hit the big time after his confidence rose from his Olympic selection and the Euro League experience added that extra needed to realise his potential, but now he is having to learn a whole new style of play in the NBA D League to get some minutes at that level of competition.

My point is, even a player as talented as say Jeremy Lin had to go and seek extra coaching in China to fix up little issues he had to make it to the top, so if Young wants it bad enough and he has the skill and size, then of course he can play NBL.

It is a matter of getting the stars to align, and of course his efforts and desire to improve in the areas he needs to for the league he wants to play in.

Horses for courses, if you like...

Reply #404528 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think Young has a promising NBL career ahead of him as a role player if he is willing to work for it. And he will have to work for it.

He has IMO a greater upside than Ben Allen ever did as he is far more athletic and has this season extended his range to beyond the arc.

Time will tell of course, but as often is the case it is usually comes down to the right place at the right time.

Reply #404546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754